Whose career was most hurt by playing for the Jets

jgb

What player would've had the best career not playing here?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who would've benefited most not playing here?

• Pennington
    • Sanchez
    • Geno
    • Darnold
    • Lamont Jordan
    • Revis
    • Le'Veon Bell
    • David Harris
    • Kerry Rhoads
    • Leon Washington
    • Jeremy Kerley
    • Derrick Mason
    • Hugh Douglas
    • Fireman Ed

It's an interesting question with a lot of odd choices. Jeremy Kerley? LaMont Jordan? derrick Mason was here for a minute before retiring. 

When I think of players who were very good but could be Hall of Famers if they played on better teams I think of guys from the 80s and 90s like Al Toon, Wesley Walker, Freeman McNeil, Joe Klecko... 

If any of those guys played for an NFC East team during their time, they'd be in Canton.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Leon Washington's ability was before its time.   Could have been similar to KC's Tyreek Hill.   The guy was a phenomenal player with all world talent.

Was so so bummed when he got hurt.

If he had stayed healthy, that 09-10 team might have taken another step. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

75% of us think Darnold got screwed playing here but almost no one thinks Lawrence will opt out. ? 

Jets fans know the truth. 

An argument could be made that most guys as good as Lawrence (or as good as we think he is) have the self confidence to embrace that challenge

Just now, slimjasi said:

Jets fans know the truth. 

An argument could be made that most guys as good as Lawrence (or as good as we think he is) have the self confidence to embrace that challenge

Yeah well that’s why they have agents to dissuade them of such naive illusions 

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

There is only one franchise QB on that list, and it's Chad Pennington.

Had he played elsewhere, perhaps a legit NFL medical staff (and lets be honest, ours hasn't ever really been legit) might have kept him more healthy, longer.

When I look on that list, at QB, he is the only one I think was capable of winning a Super Bowl.  He's easily the equal, IMO, of a Joe Flacco-in-his-prime.

I see that Pennington Delusion Syndrome exists to this day. 

If symptoms persist, call your doctor

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Fireman Ed is the best thing about the Jets

@SAR I

The only good thing about not winning the division this year is that we don't have to witness Firefraud rising like the phoenix again and taking credit for being Mr. Loyal Jets Fan #1.  He quit on the team Thanksgiving 2012.  The chant and his relevance died on that night.  Good riddance.

SAR I

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The last, and only, Jets franchise QB was Joe Namath.  If anyone came close to being one it was Ken O'Brien.  Not Pennington.  1 magical partial season and a lot of unrequited hopes and dreams doesn't lift him to that status.

Jets fans need to set a much higher standard for their QB's.  

You're entitled to your opinions.

I agree on Ken O'Brien, for the record, he is the third (IMO) legit Franchise QB the Jets.  Namath, O'Brien, Pennington.  In my view, the rest don't (and never would have) made the cut.

But again, folks are entitled to their opinions. 

16 hours ago, section314 said:

Different take here.I’m gonna say all of us and the other season ticket holders for the past 50 years. We pay the Jets to be part of this Sh*t. All the guys on the list got paid mucho $ to torture us. They won big time, us, not so much.

PSLs = "Investment Tungsten"

• Haha 1