This is not tanking

kevinc855

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

How are some of you guys still emotionally involved with this team?

Just sit back and laugh all the way to a Trevor Lawrence/Jim Harbaugh culture change.

Oh yea Trevor throwing to guys named cager will make our team whole...

you are nuts if you think any respectable hc come to this dumpster fire 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This is a complete embarrassment of an organization and it’s fan base. There is a difference. We are so thin, so void of talent, so void of any continuity next year that no 21 year old kid will fix this dumpster fire. Stop fooling yourself, what is happening here is not good in the long term, it’s Gona have negative effects for years 

Kind of the definition of tanking.

But whatever negative situation, leading to yet another we suck thread, makes you happiest. 

Only a complaining fan would think that a lets say Trevor Lawrence, another round one 1 pick on and the rest of our picks and a boatload of cap space in the hands of a competent GM cant turn things around fairly quickly.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, coaching a New York sports franchise that is about to obtain arguably the greatest QB prospect since John Elway and has a slew of cap space and draft picks over the next two years is serious poison that quality coaches will want to avoid at all cost...

LOL

Jim Harbaugh and Trevor Lawrence are about to set this team up for 10+ years of sustained success and you goofs are harping over the current tank job your witnessing.

If you want to be great, then you’ll just have to eat sh*t for another 10 weeks.

Lmao ? you guys are truly delirious...

Screen shoted this so when we don’t hire harbaugh I can remind you of this convo 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Oh yea Trevor throwing to guys named cager will make our team whole...
you are nuts if you think any respectable hc come to this dumpster fire 

The only person I’ve seen repeatedly say that it will only take one player to fix this team is you. I get it, you’re upset about Sam. I was there too but it’s time to let go. Next year will not be the same as when we drafted Sam. When we drafted Sam we gave up 3 2nd rounders. Next year we have a GM who won’t give out massive contracts based on name recognition and we have 4 first rounders in the next two years along with FA to shore up the rest of the OL, WR’s and RB’s. Will it all happen in one offseason, I doubt it but come this time 2022 we’ll be looking at a completely different Jets team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, coaching a New York sports franchise that is about to obtain arguably the greatest QB prospect since John Elway and has a slew of cap space and draft picks over the next two years is serious poison that quality coaches will want to avoid at all cost...

LOL

Jim Harbaugh and Trevor Lawrence are about to set this team up for 10+ years of sustained success and you goofs are harping over the current tank job your witnessing.

If you want to be great, then you’ll just have to eat sh*t for another 10 weeks.

Amen. And as for the coach, fill in the blank. To act like this job won’t be super attractive if we land the top pick is illogical and quite silly.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

Oh man. Wow.

6 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The only person I’ve seen repeatedly say that it will only take one player to fix this team is you. I get it, you’re upset about Sam. I was there too but it’s time to let go. Next year will not be the same as when we drafted Sam. When we drafted Sam we gave up 3 2nd rounders. Next year we have a GM who won’t give out massive contracts based on name recognition and we have 4 first rounders in the next two years along with FA to shore up the rest of the OL, WR’s and RB’s. Will it all happen in one offseason, I doubt it but come this time 2022 we’ll be looking at a completely different Jets team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We have had a gm for two years who made this team worse thinking he knows better. Like thinking Permian step in for Robby. 

Which JD draft pick has made an impact this year again? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This is a complete embarrassment of an organization and it’s fan base. There is a difference. We are so thin, so void of talent, so void of any continuity next year that no 21 year old kid will fix this dumpster fire. Stop fooling yourself, what is happening here is not good in the long term, it’s Gona have negative effects for years 

At this point, who cares.  Let's get TL and begin the future.

• Upvote 3

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I honestly believe he just wanted to start completely over.  He knew he was putting garbage on the field this year.

Disagree. JD is known for being cheap. I think he was trying to prove something; that he could do more with less. Didn’t work out..

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

If you want to be great, then you’ll just have to eat sh*t for another 10 years

Ahhhh Dreamers. I used to feel that way once too

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea these people are on something. We all Deal with depression differently. 

Yes, like how some of us decide not to constantly cry about trading a 210 lb edgerusher for a bounty of picks over the next two years.

We sacrificed Jamal Adams for the welfare of Trevor Lawrence.

Praise be to Joey D

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Kind of the definition of tanking.

But whatever negative situation, leading to yet another we suck thread, makes you happiest. 

Only a complaining fan would think that a lets say Trevor Lawrence, another number 1 pick on top of the rest of the picks and a boatload of ca space in the hands of a competent GM cant turn things around fairly quickly.  

giphy.gif

Pardon me good sir. I'm just using this time to look for the bolded in Florham Park.

Just now, slimjasi said:

Shocked Face Wow GIF

The roster is worse than it was when he started the job 18 months ago.  He's got a team culture problem (which was the first thing he said he'd fix).  His HC and DC seem to now be stuck in some kind of passive-aggressive standoff.  He's inexplicably holding onto a bad coach and his roster moves like someone shuffling around deck chairs on the Titanic as it's sinking.

Where is Joe?  I might be wrong but the most recent voice of authority that the media has heard from on the Jets was when owner Christopher Johnson endorsed the head coach. I don't think Joe has come out of his basement in weeks.

If fans want to be honest, they can admit that as much as the Jets may have made bad decisions on the Head Coach and Quarterback it looks like they did it with the GM as well (a GM who seems to have been hired by the HC).

Look, coming into this season there was a chance this team would have to take another step back before it could move forward.  There was an expectation that the Jets probably wouldn't improve on their win total from last year.  But there was almost a guarantee, based on how bad the team was last year, that they'd be just a little more competitive this year.....that they would improve the talent of some position groups from horrible to mediocre or from mediocre to average.

We're now watching a team that isn't just historically bad in terms of Jets history, but in terms of NFL history.  The 1987 Buccaneers may final lose that record for having the worst point differential in history.

Where is the Captain of this ship of fools?

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

The roster is worse than it was when he started the job 18 months ago.  He's got a team culture problem (which was the first thing he said he'd fix).  His HC and DC seem to now be stuck in some kind of passive-aggressive standoff.  He's inexplicably holding onto a bad coach and his roster moves like someone shuffling around deck chairs on the Titanic as it's sinking.

Where is Joe?  I might be wrong but the most recent voice of authority that the media has heard from on the Jets was when owner Christopher Johnson endorsed the head coach. I don't think Joe has come out of his basement in weeks.

If fans want to be honest, they can admit that as much as the Jets may have made bad decisions on the Head Coach and Quarterback it looks like they did it with the GM as well (a GM who seems to have been hired by the HC).

Look, coming into this season there was a chance this team would have to take another step back before it could move forward.  There was an expectation that the Jets probably wouldn't improve on their win total from last year.  But there was almost a guarantee, based on how bad the team was last year, that they'd be just a little more competitive this year.....that they would improve the talent of some position groups from horrible to mediocre or from mediocre to average.

We're now watching a team that isn't just historically bad in terms of Jets history, but in terms of NFL history.  The 1987 Buccaneers may final lose that record for having the worst point differential in history.

Where is the Captain of this ship of fools?

Listen, Douglas has gotten off to a bad start. 

But he isn't going anywhere and you have to give him more than one draft and also the chance to replace the worst Jets coach I have ever seen