Mike McCarthy on the hot seat already?

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

McCarthy offense has been the best in the NFL.

Defense is just awful.  While he is the HC - all I kept hearing about him was how out-dated his offense was, how behind the times and that the game had passed him by.  It's clearly not the case.  

The Jets didn't need to win right away but we need a coach that knew how to run an offense.  He would have absolutely been the right choice.

Yup. I am no longer surprised by the lies people will tell to convince themselves they were right on an Internet messageboard.

• Upvote 2

Kinda tough to judge a guy when his entire OL and QB1 got hurt. They were scoring a lot of points before that. The DC is all time bad, though.

The problem there, like here, is the owner. It must kill Jerry that he knows deep down Jimmy Johnson is responsible for all the Cowboys successes in the 90s.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Defense is just awful.  While he is the HC - all I kept hearing about him was how out-dated his offense was, how behind the times and that the game had passed him by.  It's clearly not the case.  

The Jets didn't need to win right away but we need a coach that knew how to run an offense.  He would have absolutely been the right choice.

It's not Mike McCarthy's offense.

He kept Kellen Moore, their former OC under Jason Garrett and kept the same offense and terminology.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is it McCarthy's offense?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who they should fire immediately is the DC. It's quite a feat to go 0-6 with the 3rd highest scoring offense--you know the thing McCarthy was actually hired to improve, which he did.

? FO has them as 24th ranked O

Looks like Dallas are #10

I don;t understand what you are saying...   :-(

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/#all_team_scoring

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who they should fire immediately is the DC. It's quite a feat to go 2-4 with the 3rd highest scoring offense--you know the thing McCarthy was actually hired to improve, which he did.

Pretty sure the Cowboys had the number 1 offense in the league last year.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Aaron Rodgers was McCarthy’s offense. Just like he’s Matt LaFluer’s offense.?

I think the Cowboys run the same offense they had last season with the same OC- Kellen Moore - who worked for Jason Garrett. And seriously, with the talent they've got on O they might even be prolific if forced to run Adam Gase's offense.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

McCarthy could only be a failure if the team was 2-6 and having public internal team strife. 

Only Jets fans can convince themselves that an offensive coach of the #1 ranked offense is a failure. This place is a non-stop laugh riot. I love it so.

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Jason Garret was not appreciated for being a solid NFL HC. He was not excellent at anything, but he was competent at everything. Competency is an underappreciated trait in today's world which is pre-occupied with discovering the next wunderkind.  

Garrett was utterly incompetent in game and clock management scenarios.  Way worse than Herman Edwards was...

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Only Jets fans can convince themselves that an offensive coach of the #1 ranked offense is a failure. This place is a non-stop laugh riot. I love it so.

1) Their offense was the number one ranked offense in the NFL in 2019 with Head Coach Jason Garrett and OC Kellen Moore.

2) Their offense is currently the number one ranked offense in the NFL in 2020 with Head Coach Mike McCarthy and OC Kellen Moore.

Something tells me McCarthy isn't a huge part of this equation -- and after watching what their offense looked like without Dak I'm not sure they'll be #1 for wrong.

• Post of the Week 1