Latest Manish Hit Piece on Gase: Hailey Trashes Gase Poor Coaching and Fraudulent Talk

Just now, jgb said:

Well to be fair Gase did say from the beginning Bell wouldn't work in his system! And he damn well was determined to prove it.

Gase would rather lose his way than win someone else's way.

Animated GIF

The problem I have with the gAsE dIdNt uSe bElL rIgHt stuff is that every other running back on the roster looked like they had more burst than him for most of last season. 

His longest run here was 19 yards, for f*ck's sake. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Hailey made some good points, especially about what he sees happening in KC vs. how he was used here. It's worth a look. 

I can't imagine anyone will be surprised when Bell shows juice and spark in KC -- even those who want to believe the guy is "washed up."

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

The problem I have with the gAsE dIdNt uSe bElL rIgHt stuff is that every other running back on the roster looked like they had more burst than him for most of last season. 

We'll see soon...

Just now, slimjasi said:

I don't know if he is "washed up" but he was clearly out of shape last year and slow AF. 

Was never a burner. Showing up fat definitely on him. Bell needs space to operate. Andy Reid will get him going, I believe.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Not talking about one week. I believe he will be a very effective 3rd down back. Maybe even run in the slot some for rest of year.

But isn't it telling that Bell is suddenly a 3rd down back/role player on a stacked team, now? 

It feels like his number 1 running back days are over. 

Listen, I hope he tears it up. FYI, he was one of my favorite players in the league before he came here. I just don't want people to pretend that he showed any kind of promise here and wasn't overweight last year. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

But isn't it telling that Bell is suddenly a 3rd down back/role player on a stacked team, now? 

Listen, I hope he tears it up. FYI, he was one of my favorite players in the league before he came here. I just don't want people to pretend that he showed any kind of promise here and wasn't overweight last year. 

He'd be a 1 on many teams but like you say, KC is stacked. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, slimjasi said:

His longest run in KC in ONE game and with and only SIX carries was 16 yards, TWICE! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Hailey made some good points, especially about what he sees happening in KC vs. how he was used here. It's worth a look. 

This is why Sam Darnold cannot be held fully responsible for what is going down here!!

What Hailey points out is OUTRAGEOUS!!! 

Darnold has regressed and the WIZARD Gase has helped him to get there! :( 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

I know it's Manish but I liked the article. I've been saying for quite awhile that Gase under utilized Bell. My God twice Bell had 80+ receptions and Gase is targeting him once a game ? This on a team that has barely any O weapons and has the worse O in the league. UNBELIVEABLE ! The sooner Gase is shown the door the better. 

Gase finds a way to "misuse" and never play to a players strength. It is a very unique trait that only horrible coaches have

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I don't know why people keep talking about a burst. Bell on Pit was a shifty back that was hard to tackle and would drag you a few yards. I can't really recall Bell outrunning anyone but I remember him getting caught from behind plenty, normally after he gained 20 or 30 but still, not a guy that was going to leave you in a cloud of dust

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I don't know why people keep talking about a burst. Bell on Pit was a shifty back that was hard to tackle and would drag you a few yards. I can't really recall Bell outrunning anyone but I remember him getting caught from behind plenty, normally after he gained 20 or 30 but still, not a guy that was going to leave you in a cloud of dust

I watched Bell quite a bit on Pitt - He was probably my favorite running back in the league. 

I'm not talking about breakaway speed. 

Yes, Bell has always been a patient, shifty running back who would make guys miss in the open field and was generally elusive. But he also looked a lot quicker in Pitt and had a quicker first step and much better acceleration once he decided which hole to hit. 

He was notably overweight last year and looked like he was running in quicksand for the entire second half of the season. He looked really good in his first game as a Jet in the opener last year, but looked slower and slower as the season progressed. 

Again, every other running back on the roster had better looking carries than Bell last year. This year, we got a very small sample of him. He got hurt against the Bills and looked decent against Arizona

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I do think it's telling that he may be just a 3rd down back on a stacked team.  And would be a number 1 on more than a few teams.  

And should have been fed the ball like a number one on the Jets.  I don't buy into he's lost a lot of burst blah, blah, blah stuff.  I don't remember speed being his game, ever.  Nobody commented, complained about his weight in camp or early in the season.  I remember people excited when videos of his workouts in Florida were posted though.  I also remember he went later in the draft because he wasn't fast.  Gase just didn't want to use him the way Bell is designed to be used. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I do think it's telling that he may be just a 3rd down back on a stacked team.  And would be a number 1 on more than a few teams.  

And should have been fed the ball like a number one on the Jets.  I don't buy into he's lost a lot of burst blah, blah, blah stuff.  I don't remember speed being his game, ever.  I remember he went later in the draft because he wasn't fast.  Gase just didn't want to use him the way Bell is designed to be used. 

Eh, I think you guys who think Bell is still a number 1 running back are just wrong, but I don't care enough to belabor the point. He wasn't good here - if you want to blame that all on Gase, go for it. It's meaningless now, anyway. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Who on the Jets last year and this year has shown any type of promise as a weapon on offense?

• Upvote 2