What does everyone here look like?

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know I'm not one to talk about what someone looks like, at all, but thanks to the beard style, my immediate first thought on a comparison for you was Dr. Robotnik.  

DR3KhW9N.jpg

No idea who that is, but I’m working towards Tombstone quality mustache game.

tombstone GIF

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So this is my best friend Rocco's family.  From Avellino, live in Port Chester. Moved here in 1970 when he was 4. His mom, aunt, Sister and his Grandmother (RIP), every year have a truck of tomatoes shipped down from upstate NY and they make enough for all. Every year I get about 10 quarts of the best MF'n sauce on this planet. They make their own dry sausage, sopressata etc. It's incredible. His mom is back left. To hear her speak Italian to him when she visits Charlotte is kool.  He speaks very little but understands her completely. 

unnamed.jpg.34cd7f601e14227c0e67f4022928f7d7.jpg

Port Chester? I’m probably 10 mins away. So where can I find this sauce?!

21 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Awesome thread. Here’s me holding my newborn a few days ago. After an extended stay at the hospital, mom and baby girl are doing well and we’re being discharged later today. Her big bro (17 months old) is so excited for us to finally come home so he can meet her. Now is when the real work starts - hoping he doesn’t crush her while trying to play with her!

B5AE7450-24C3-4529-93EF-FE579330FC5C.thumb.jpeg.66997fb3bf45747221958d6dbd4647c3.jpeg

Congratulations!! God bless....all health and happiness to you and the family.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So this is my best friend Rocco's family.  From Avellino, live in Port Chester. Moved here in 1970 when he was 4. His mom, aunt, Sister and his Grandmother (RIP), every year have a truck of tomatoes shipped down from upstate NY and they make enough for all. Every year I get about 10 quarts of the best MF'n sauce on this planet. They make their own dry sausage, sopressata etc. It's incredible. His mom is back left. To hear her speak Italian to him when she visits Charlotte is kool.  He speaks very little but understands her completely. 

unnamed.jpg.34cd7f601e14227c0e67f4022928f7d7.jpg

CelebratedMinorCaecilian-max-1mb.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Awesome thread. Here’s me holding my newborn a few days ago. After an extended stay at the hospital, mom and baby girl are doing well and we’re being discharged later today. Her big bro (17 months old) is so excited for us to finally come home so he can meet her. Now is when the real work starts - hoping he doesn’t crush her while trying to play with her!

B5AE7450-24C3-4529-93EF-FE579330FC5C.thumb.jpeg.66997fb3bf45747221958d6dbd4647c3.jpeg

Awesome man! Congratulations! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Congrats - there’s no better feeling than holding your new baby. Incredible!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Congrats man!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Just curious when did sauce. Become gravy, now go back to sauce??

It's a location thing. In Jersey and in other parts of the country like Philly, Boston and Chicago, they use gravy. 

Also, there is no Italian word for "gravy", so to assimilate some Italians used the word. Nobody I grew up with in Brooklyn or anyone in my family called it gravy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

It's a location thing. In Jersey and in other parts of the country like Philly, Boston and Chicago, they use gravy. 
 Also, there is no Italian word for "gravy", so to assimilate some Italians used the word. Nobody I grew up with in Brooklyn or anyone in my family called it gravy. 

Thanks. I was always confused. Being half italian

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Never worried what anyone called it, as long as they don’t call me late for dinner, everybody lives. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Just curious when did sauce. Become gravy, now go back to sauce??

Simplest way I can answer this question:  In Italian a meat sauce is called "sugo", which can be loosely translated as "gravy".  Regular, tomato sauce is called "salsa".  For some reason, folks around here adopted "gravy" for both sauces.  

In my family we always referred to either sauce as "salsa", never "gravy".

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I am so happy for you.  What an emotional ordeal it must have been to have your wife and little one for that extended hospital stay.  It must be like the heavens opened up right now and the sun is shining on you all.  Fantastic news.  Enjoy your new "bundle of joy" as my late Mom would always say.   Continued health and happiness to you all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1