Interesting article on Harbaugh

GreekJet

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I really couldn't care less about his college coaching career because my Jets are an NFL Football team and as an NFL head coach he's top 5 All-Time in winning percentage (.695%) throughout 4 years and never had a losing season going 8-8, 11-5-1, 12-4 and 13-3 including 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance while sending 9+ players to the Pro Bowl every season; compared to San Francisco's GM getting FIRED after letting Jim go while San Francisco completely fell off the NFL map having 4 horrible losing years immediately following Harbaugh's 49ers departure. 

Bill Belichick deserved a 2nd NFL stint with N.E and alongside of Tom Brady after his Cleveland Browns failure's but yet Jim Harbaugh doesn't deserve a 2nd NFL stint alongside of Trevor Lawrence after his successful 49ers dominant run? Laughable. 

Spot on man. I think we need a guy with HC experience instead of reaching for a coordinator. 

Did JH call his own plays at SF or did his OC?

• Sympathy 1

I cannot think of a more probable success than pairing Joe Douglas with Jim Harbaugh. If that's not a successful duo then I don't think there is one? Jim Harbaugh could not possibly be any higher in the NFL coaching ranks. There's only ONE person I'd rather hire if not Jim Harbaugh - MIKE WESTHOFF. Yes, I'm saying it. That's my priority list for hiring a HC.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I cannot think of a more probable success than pairing Joe Douglas with Jim Harbaugh. If that's not a successful duo then I don't think there is one? Jim Harbaugh could not possibly be any higher in the NFL coaching ranks. There's only ONE person I'd rather hire if not Jim Harbaugh - MIKE WESTHOFF. Yes, I'm saying it. That's my priority list for hiring a HC.

Great post  except Westhoff.  LOVE Westhoff but HC?  Never done it and way past his prime. Westhoff is a GREAT coach and 10 years ago, I’d agree.  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

Spot on man. I think we need a guy with HC experience instead of reaching for a coordinator. 

Did JH call his own plays at SF or did his OC?

I don't know how some of you guys can be so sure of things based on such limited knowledge.  No, Harbaugh did not call his own plays.  Who called the plays?  Greg Roman.  They didn't have such a great offense though.  That team was riding Vic Fangio's defense. 

23 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Why? Please elaborate unless you are @SAR I twin brother. 

His great success in the NFL was a long time ago relative to how things have changed in the game.

He has failed to develop any QB at all at Michigan, they all are various degrees of suck.

He has had a disturbing lack of success vs rivals and in big games at Michigan.

His offenses are old school in college.

I just view him as a '7 years ago' candidate.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Why? Please elaborate unless you are @SAR I twin brother. 

Harbaugh is the biggest hothead in the sport.  The NY media would eat him alive.  He has no inner voice.  Every taunt and hit piece would set him into orbit.  The distractions and the drama is completely counter to the organizations we are trying to emulate-  Chiefs, Steelers, Ravens.  

Harbaugh couldn't cut it in college, bunch of young guys not responding to him.  The Jets have 28 players on 1 year contracts and a ton of picks in the early rounds.  The Jets are going to be, essentially, a college team next season.  More than half the roster a bunch of green, young players looking for leadership.  That's not Harbaugh.

Harbaugh needs to land on a team full of underperforming veterans looking for discipline and an ass-kicking.  Dallas.  Atlanta.  Cleveland.  Chicago.  Minnesota.  Detroit.  The Jets are the worst fit imaginable.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Harbaugh is the biggest hothead in the sport.  The NY media would eat him alive.  He has no inner voice.  Every taunt and hit piece would set him into orbit.  The distractions and the drama is completely counter to the organizations we are trying to emulate-  Chiefs, Steelers, Ravens.  

Harbaugh couldn't cut it in college, bunch of young guys not responding to him.  The Jets have 28 players on 1 year contracts and a ton of picks in the early rounds.  The Jets are going to be, essentially, a college team next season.  More than half the roster a bunch of green, young players looking for leadership.  That's not Harbaugh.

Harbaugh needs to land on a team full of underperforming veterans looking for discipline and an ass-kicking.  Dallas.  Atlanta.  Cleveland.  Chicago.  Minnesota.  Detroit.  The Jets are the worst fit imaginable.

SAR I

So says the biggest GASE fan.   PLEASE.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

His great success in the NFL was a long time ago relative to how things have changed in the game.

He has failed to develop any QB at all at Michigan, they all are various degrees of suck.

He has had a disturbing lack of success vs rivals and in big games at Michigan.

His offenses are old school in college.

I just view him as a '7 years ago' candidate.

Well 7 years ago he was coming off a trip to the super bowl, so he was a pretty good candidate.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I really couldn't care less about his college coaching career because my Jets are an NFL Football team and as an NFL head coach he's top 5 All-Time in winning percentage (.695%) throughout 4 years and never had a losing season going 8-8, 11-5-1, 12-4 and 13-3 including 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance while sending 9+ players to the Pro Bowl every season; compared to San Francisco's GM getting FIRED after letting Jim go while San Francisco completely fell off the NFL map having 4 horrible losing years immediately following Harbaugh's 49ers departure. 

Bill Belichick deserved a 2nd NFL stint with N.E and alongside of Tom Brady after his Cleveland Browns failure's but yet Jim Harbaugh doesn't deserve a 2nd NFL stint alongside of Trevor Lawrence after his successful 49ers dominant run? Laughable. 

Dude can you please post your picture in the @Gastineau Lives what do you look like thread!?

When I read your posts there is so much conviction, that it makes me picture Dash from The Incredibles!

When I read your posts it sounds like you're gritting your teeth LMFAO! Do you drink a lot of coffee?

I consider myself a hardcore Jets fan. But when I read the things you write I picture a guy who's sweating!

Just so you know I'm completely nudging you and joking around. I have a knack for picking up people with big personalities.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The idea that he couldn’t cut it in college is flawed. Look at Stanford before he got there and how he built that program up. 

The scrutiny he faces in Ann Arbor is just as bad if not worse than what he would face with the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Great post  except Westhoff.  LOVE Westhoff but HC?  Never done it and way past his prime. Westhoff is a GREAT coach and 10 years ago, I’d agree.  

Well, if he's smart to be a great HC a decade ago, why not let him make that decision? If it had passed him he'd be the first to tell you. He's a no BS guy even when talking about himself.

Bottom line is that while Harbaugh may not be the BEST hire (an up-and-comer may turn into the next great one) he would be far far from the WORST one. Taking a swing with a relative unknown could just as easily turn into a swing and miss. 

I'm not sure that where we are as an organization could turn down a guaranteed 85/100 head coach in search for one that might be a 95 but could also be a 60. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Walrus said:

Harbaugh is a loud mouth who speaks before he thinks and has no filter. He'll fit right in in NY.

He handled himself with nothing but class and dignify during his final 49ers press conference ever. 

Jet fans hate this man for absolutely nothing. I'd love him here omg after non emotional Todd Bowles and a dead man walking Adam Gase who has zero personality/character; Jim Harbaugh would become such a breath of fresh air for Trevor Lawrence and our entire fan base. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1