Was Herndon Active Today?

BettyBoop

If you want to call him being part of the zombie crowd in the original 'Night of the Living Dead', I guess you can call that active. Being serious here for a second, I wonder if something is the matter with him. This isn't an Erik McMillan type drop off, it's like the guy fell off a cliff.

And yes, I know Erik McMillan was a DB.

9 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I swear Gase has to be in on the tank. Nobody in their right mind - nobody can be that bad a play caller and head coach. Not to throw 1 pass to a tight end. It’s mind boggling!

Down just 10 points yesterday in the 3rd quarter on a 4th and 2 Gase goes for it with a run up the middle with, ofcourse, Frank Gore instead of kicking a 27 yard fg

You can’t make this stuff up

Has anyone noticed there have been a few players who do something well, and then don't get touches the following week?

Ty Johnson makes a 34 yard run, and then doesn't touch the ball for 4 weeks.

Herndon finally catches some passes and gets touchdown, doesn't get targeted the following week.

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Been asking this since he's on the roster.    Another guy who should be given a nice, nutritious, luncheon of his choosing, then shown the door. We wish you well, Mr. Herndon.  Look forward to watching even more spectacular drops with another franchise next season.

His rookie deal runs thru 2021.  Unless he's traded I see no reason why he'll be let go this offseason.  Adam Gase is notorious for not using his TE's.  Maybe the next QB and HC can get something out of him in a contract year.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Has anyone noticed there have been a few players who do something well, and then don't get touches the following week?

Ty Johnson makes a 34 yard run, and then doesn't touch the ball for 4 weeks.

Herndon finally catches some passes and gets touchdown, doesn't get targeted the following week.

Gaze:  “I run plays until they start working!”

On one of the Jets podcasts this morning, it was noted that the Dolphins are something like last in the league in pass coverage of tight ends and it was a good opportunity to give Herndon more targets to build on what he did last week. Yet he wasn't targeted at all. Not once. 

Gase is the worst.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Marty Lyons had an excellent point on the broadcast. He was frustrated that the Jets were not trying to get the TEs involved and said if you're going to completely ignore them, then take them out of the game, put an extra o-lineman in as TE and just have him block 

Great point