So Fields or trade back for weapons for Sam

kevinc855

Trade back if possible 

If not, take a guy like Sewell.

F*ck it

I’m not drafting a QB just for the sake of drafting one. Might as well hire a competent coach, build up the team around Darnold and see what happens.

If he sh*ts the bed, then at least the next young QB will be walking into a much more comfortable situation a year or two down the road.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, TeddEY said:

Again, who cares?

Besides the fact that your opinion is wrong, as his skillset is obviously extremely limited, the conversation is about trading the #2 pick.  If the QB available isn't better than the worst QB in football, then no one is going to give up much for it.  That's the point.  If we don't like Fields, we're taking a below market deal, or drafting another player at 2.

I think your opinion is wrong.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

It’s reality....

Discuss

Here's reality...

The Jets have to make a $25+ million decision on Darnold for the 2022 season, that would be guaranteed,  3 days after this years draft. That is a HUGE factor in any decision about who the QB will be next year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I prefer the fact that he's still a very young QB with great potential n skills.

Dude. Don't take these posters seriously. They wanted to trade QW, calling him a bust. Anderson was a one trick pony, and we wouldn't lose anything with Perriman. Cmon.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

We new the Jets would come up with 1 good game before the end of the season. It was a trap game for the Rams who have Hawks next week.

They were 17 point underdogs to the Rams. Goff is a bum and that "vaunted" defense let Darnold and 89 year old Gore go up and down the field. I hope that fraudulent team gets knocked out in the 1st round. Even with them overlooking the Jets they shouldn't have lost 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

Again, who cares?

Honestly, how are you not getting this?

The premise of your question is incorrect.

Sam is not the worst starting QB.

Teams are willing to give up a 2nd (maybe even a 1st) for a guy with most of his cheap years gone.

Sam with a good squad around him next season will be very good.

So... I care.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The premise of your question is incorrect.

Sam is not the worst starting QB.

Teams are willing to give up a 2nd (maybe even a 1st) for a guy with most of his cheap years gone.

Sam with a good squad around him next season will be very good.

So... I care.

Sam being the worst starting QB is not a matter of opinion, it's data driven.

He is, in fact, in year 3, the worst starting QB in the league.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Trade back if possible 

If not, take a guy like Sewell.

F*ck it

I’m not drafting a QB just for the sake of drafting one. Might as well hire a competent coach, build up the team around Darnold and see what happens.

If he sh*ts the bed, then at least the next young QB will be walking into a much more comfortable situation a year or two down the road.

That's what Douglas would have done with the 1st pick. Build the team. Players love Darnold

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Sam being the worst starting QB is not a matter of opinion, it's data driven.

He is, in fact, in year 3, the worst starting QB in the league.

Wow, some really stupid GMs out there willing to trade high value draft picks for him.

They should learn to look at stats.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, peebag said:

c'mon, in your heart you know we're f*cked.

Its the worst I've felt after a game in years..  I wanted Lawrence as much as anyone.  It is what it is..  2020 has been a sht show its fitting this season happened this year.

That said..  the fact the team never quit or played the blame game says something about the culture Douglas trying to build.  Sam obviously hampered by terrible coaching and no consistency with regards to a lineup.

I'm sure they've planned for this for many weeks now.  Ill trust a good plan in place.

38 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Out of curiosity, with the Jets having the leagues worst starting QB, and Fields not being good enough to be the replacement, who exactly is trading up for the #2 pick?

Hes not the worst qb in the league.  He was in the worst position this year.

20 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

80% of the potential coaching candidates just took their names out from consideration

It’s so true and the importance of this cannot be understated. We need a culture change and Lawrence’s greatness would have had top candidates banging down the door to coach this team.