#/!# Jets vs Browns - Discussion Thread #/!#

Maxman

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

I watched a Bills game & I counted like 7 catches that weren’t good passes from Allen but his WRs both Diggs & Beasley were making incredible catches & digging balls out of the turf. 

Allen was blessed with a great team.  As great as Mahomes is let’s be honest he has a world class head coach and a team that is loaded.  Look I’m all for pointing out Sam’s issues but let’s be honest his best weapons in these last 3 years would be the number 4 or 5 weapons on these others teams.  Plus he had Bowles and Gase as coach he’s ? 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Ok, so what do you want them to do with 2OA? 

They can’t go rookie next year & go 3-13

They can’t & they won’t. I don’t know what JD has in store for his plan but that stadium will be empty with a rookie QB & an 0-6 start. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

We need a QB I'm not sure who the best one available will be.  

I like Etienne but we need a QB. 

So I just mentioned 3 QB possibilities in my previous post and you said "nope, we need a QB" but can't give me a QB you would prefer. Ok. We have 3 choices, draft Wilson at 2OA, keep Darnold, or a pick up a vet like the ones I mentioned. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The injured players are back and up to speed.  And don't forget getting rid of Gregg Williams.

Fun Fact:  As it stands now, the New York Jets would have finished the year 6-10 if Gregg Williams defense can do its job and protect leads with under a minute left in each.  Denver, New England, Vegas were all W's in the bag.  Los Angeles, Cleveland, and New England all happened (if one expects a win today and next week).

6-10 is exactly where the experts said we would be back in June, before the opt outs, the injuries, Darnold busting, etc.  That is a good job by Adam Gase.  A great job, in fact.

SAR I

So, winning half (2/3 at best) of what the experts predicted is great? Wanted to insert Arte Johnson "very interesting " GIF but wasn't  allowed) . Your (that's for you Mr. Spoot-face.?) craaazyyy.

58 minutes ago, K Clue said:

Yes, he most definitely was... go compare their stats. Tannehill had 63 passing touchdowns and 32 interceptions in his first three seasons, while Sam’s first three seasons he only has 44 touchdowns and 37 interceptions.

Stats don’t tell the whole story.  Ryan had weapons and stayed healthy.  I’m not saying Darnold can necessarily turn it around like Tannehill.  But he was just as scorched by fans and “experts” as Sam is now and also had zero success with Miami.  Whether it happens with the Jets or not, Darnold deserves the same chance given the tools he has and the ones he can still develop.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We need a QB I'm not sure who the best one available will be.  

I like Etienne but we need a QB. 

Not yet.  Let’s do it the right way for a change.  Fill in the rest of the roster — the lines, secondary, RBs and WRs — first.  We have the cap space and draft picks to do most of it.  If Sam can’t perform under objectively decent conditions, then go find your QB.

6 minutes ago, ausman said:

Stats don’t tell the whole story.  Ryan had weapons and stayed healthy.  I’m not saying Darnold can necessarily turn it around like Tannehill.  But he was just as scorched by fans and “experts” as Sam is now and also had zero success with Miami.  Whether it happens with the Jets or not, Darnold deserves the same chance given the tools he has and the ones he can still develop.

I disagree about the weapons part, but I agree he was definitely able to stay healthier that’s a given. I just don’t see him doing well here anymore, but maybe a change of scenery and a team with a real coaching staff will help him improve. 

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope 

The QB stirs the drink we need a QB

Not if they're shaken they don't. A great offensive line which keeps the QB upright and makes the defense respect the running game is important . It can bring a team with a middling QB (Sanchez) to greater heights. 

1 minute ago, Snook said:

Not if they're shaken they don't. A great offensive line which keeps the QB upright and makes the defense respect the running game is important . It can bring a team with a middling QB (Sanchez) to greater heights. 

Do you think that will improve Sam Darnold? I don't. 

18 minutes ago, ausman said:

Not yet.  Let’s do it the right way for a change.  Fill in the rest of the roster — the lines, secondary, RBs and WRs — first.  We have the cap space and draft picks to do most of it.  If Sam can’t perform under objectively decent conditions, then go find your QB.

He can’t.

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Nobody loses on purpose. They just suck which you refuse to admit.  There is no ifs ands or buts about it.  Gase is a horrible head coach. Darnold is nothing more, at best, than an average QB.  This roster is deplorable.  It will take years to make this team competitive and a playoff contender.  Winning a few meaningless games, that they nearly gave away LOL, is just that, meaningless.  Both these wins were against flat teams and they still almost lost.  The Raider loss alone was totally unacceptable and warranted Gase being fired. Any self respectable owner doesn't tolerate that and fires a head coach after such an imbecilic oversight. Unless drastic changes are made, nothing changes. 

Question. Would you purposely do a sh##ty job at work knowing it would probably get you fired so your company could get a person who might be great at their job? 

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you think that will improve Sam Darnold? I don't. 

It might. The man can throw the ball and escape pressure as seen in his first year. You have to pour the foundation before  you build the house. Mac really screwed the Jets over by not doing this. The game is still won in the trenches 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NamathToCaster said:

What concerns me is Darnold's inability to recognize wide open receivers.  That is something that can't be taught, it's  just the way he reacts to pressure.  Not a good sign for a franchise QB.  

That's because he has rarely had wide open receivers...

That's because he has rarely had wide open receivers...

Unfortunately, Darnold has serious issues at the moment. (I am not a basher) He seems to want to be a gunslinger but lacks the arm and vision. His lack of arm strength is seen on the lame duck INTs they never seem to be 100 mph fastballs in tight windows. This leads to the lack of vision on always running out or balloons floats to space where they are up for grabs. I never see him trying to squeeze it somewhere or even launching it into the stands to avoid the loss.
Perfect example is on the TD pass to Crowder on the wheel route with blown coverage the pass was just good enough. Underthrown a touch but he was so open because the Safety did not rotate over fast enough. If coverage recognized if quicker it would have been picked or landed Crowder in Concussion Protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

I watched a Bills game & I counted like 7 catches that weren’t good passes from Allen but his WRs both Diggs & Beasley were making incredible catches & digging balls out of the turf. 

One hand washes the other. I wish Darnold haters would try and understand that.