Zach Wilson’s fathers Twitter activity

Rhg1084

38 minutes ago, freestater said:

They get all dreamy-eyed after the twink throws balls to guys five yards open at the Boca Raton Bowl vs UCF, but somehow knock Fields throwing guys open vs the second ranked team in the country. 

So the guy throwing to guys named Dax Milne and Gunner Romney has the skill position advantage? 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fair enough. Again, just my eye test here. But the gap between Lawrence and Fields seems massive. Fields just doesnt jump out to me. He cant run like Kyler either, which is a ding.

Read that other post here regarding how they're not that far apart.  Interesting article.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

More sacks = better now? Fields holds the ball too long, isn’t that his biggest knock?

At this point comparing anyone to Lawrence isn’t going to do us any good because he’s going to Jacksonville anyways.

Matt, you are all over the place here. You said Fields has not faced any pressure. That is not true. I showed that. Does he hold the ball too long sometimes, waiting for a play to develop? Yes. Has he made some stupid throws that have resulted in a turnover? Yes. 

But those have been minimal mistakes, and hopefully are correctable. Is he a solid lock to be an All Pro? No. I am not sure who is as a qb entering the league. But he has the tools.

69.4 career completion percentage, 62 passing TD's and only 19 INT's. I am not going to include his rushing stats, because those are ancillary at this point other than to say he is elusive.

You have provided nothing quantitative other than what you have seen in a few games. Forgive me if I call that lazy analysis.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

Fields not having Olave for the Northwestern game made a pretty big impact.  So i cut him a little slack there.

Here's hoping they draft or sign an Olave equivalent if Fields is coming to the Jets... plus a real oline with a real training camp and pre-season behind them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gangrene said:

Here's hoping they draft or sign an Olave equivalent if Fields is coming to the Jets... plus a real oline with a real training camp and pre-season being them.

Yes, the Jets as a whole need to sign or draft 1 more quality receiver. But, did you notice how much better Mims' numbers were with Flacco at QB, rather than Sam? They are startling, even if it was just 2 games.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t believe I said either were horrible, but feel free to put words in my mouth. 

The Jets are coming off a 2-14 season and countless poor drafts. If you’re not being critical as a fan then you’re just being a homer. I’m sorry this bugs your sensibilities so much.

No Im being smart and not doing the mindless by trying to draw a conclusion of what Joe Douglas will do based on Macc and Idzik draft picks.  Yes, that bit of nonsense should bug anyones sensibilities.  

40 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fair enough. Again, just my eye test here. But the gap between Lawrence and Fields seems massive. Fields just doesnt jump out to me. He cant run like Kyler either, which is a ding.

I do not think the gap is that large and it is not because Fields is overly awesome.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The thing that bothers me is that we dissect the Jets games and complain about Darnold missing all these dudes in wide open space.  If the guy isn't finding them, isn't that a negative?

That's a good point and to be honest I hadn't even really thought of it that way.  We talk about it as though it's a given.  Certainly not the case.

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

https://twitter.com/jordan_reid/status/1345186949343178763?s=21 

If you want to go tit for tat on big boy throws it’s going to fall in Lawrence’s favor

I'm not coming at you with this point, but just sharing my thoughts.  These are VERY good examples of Lawrence's arm strength and ability to make big time tight window throws.  Fields has throws on film like this too.

Both if these however are his first read and he stares them down.  Just so happens they get some daylight and his is able to get the throw in there.  I won't for 1 second question his physical tools.  They are elite.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's a good point and to be honest I hadn't even really thought of it that way.  We talk about it as though it's a given.  Certainly not the case.

Darnold seems to have a blind spot to the deep middle part of the field. He can't seem to process the safety brackets on either side of that middle of the field deeper than that 15 yard middle of the field area. Not sure if it is poor peripheral acuity (doubt it), or reading defenses (likely).

Gase did him few favors by lacking much motion to help give pre-snap reads. 

I feel the same way with receivers. "Wins on contested catches" often equals "can't get open."  It was one thing that scared me with Mims.  His highlights seemed to have a ton of contested catches. For a guy that big and fast in a conference that doesn't play D I would have expected to see him running around by himself.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I feel the same way with receivers. "Wins on contested catches" often equals "can't get open."  It was one thing that scared me with Mims.  His highlights seemed to have a ton of contested catches. For a guy that big and fast in a conference that doesn't play D I would have expected to see him running around by himself.

Al Toon only ran a 4.65 40 yard dash. Mims ran a 4.38.

Someone here gave Mims the comp of Toon, and I see it. Big body, strong hands and the great vertical with the ability to have tacklers bounce off him. Give him a legitimate threat around him, and he will show a lot more. Also, having a real NFL training camp will also be a large boon. Kid came off the trainers table to the field with no real practice time.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I cant believe after watching Fields highlights of him not facing any sort of rush and throwing to guys wide open he’d go 2 overall. Watch the Northwestern game...holding the ball typically means he’s not seeing past his first read, which is fairly important at the NFL level. Wilson seems a bit douchey and has not played great comp, but he looks better overall. Not sold on either though...so typical Jets!

Well if you think fields had a clean pocket you should check out some of wilsons games. BYU literally had the 2nd best offensive line in all of college football. Wilson Never had to throw the ball under pressure. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t believe I said either were horrible, but feel free to put words in my mouth. 

I’m sorry you talk about clean pockets, tuxedos and how bad he played with an injured thumb, players out with COVID, his star WR out and his HC out.  
Then you claim Fields throws are all to his first option, not having watched the Clemson game apparently 

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Here, let me do the heavy lifting for you, since you seem so...incapable. Yeah. I'm bi. Never mentioned it before on this board because I learned a long time ago not to mention sh*t you don't have a sense of humor about on a football message board. And I have zero sense of humor about my sexuality nor the bigots in this world that try to make something out of it. In fact, the only way I've ever outed myself before this has been face to face, because for some reason when ppl are right in front of me, they lose the balls to call me a queer or a faggot or whatever. Unfortunately,  through the internet, you can't get your hands on a foul mouthed bigot for spewing their crap at you. So, here's the ******* notice right now: I have zero sense of humor about it. Any toxic homophobic bullsh*t levied at me, I'm going to report immediately. And I'm pretty sure that @Maxman isn't going to tolerate anybody harassing or trolling me about it. Save your bigoted sh*t for somebody else. I made it through the 80s and the 90s getting into fights on the regular over this sh*t and I'm not about to hear the same bullsh*t 30 years later from another ridiculous twat who never grew the **** up. 

So go ahead a$$hole, yuk it up. I'd do it to yourself though, because you ******* spew it at me, ill make sure you're deleted from this board and then I can get back to talking football with old friends. Without bigots around to ruin it. 

Seriously? 

I don't give a flying **** about your sexuality, and way to go trying to pass the buck here. 

You were referring to Wilson as a "Twink" for no reason at all, I dont give a **** what your lame ass sob story is, that wasnt ok. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Seriously? 

I don't give a flying **** about your sexuality, and way to go trying to pass the buck here. 

You were referring to Wilson as a "Twink" for no reason at all, I dont give a **** what your lame ass sob story is, that wasnt ok. 

**** you. A lifetime of experience has taught me the only peopl who give a sh*t about anybody's sexuality are the bigots who want to talk sh*t about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, freestater said:

Here, let me do the heavy lifting for you, since you seem so...incapable. Yeah. I'm bi. Never mentioned it before on this board because I learned a long time ago not to mention sh*t you don't have a sense of humor about on a football message board. And I have zero sense of humor about my sexuality nor the bigots in this world that try to make something out of it. In fact, the only way I've ever outed myself before this has been face to face, because for some reason when ppl are right in front of me, they lose the balls to call me a queer or a faggot or whatever. Unfortunately,  through the internet, you can't get your hands on a foul mouthed bigot for spewing their crap at you. So, here's the ******* notice right now: I have zero sense of humor about it. Any toxic homophobic bullsh*t levied at me, I'm going to report immediately. And I'm pretty sure that @Maxman isn't going to tolerate anybody harassing or trolling me about it. Save your bigoted sh*t for somebody else. I made it through the 80s and the 90s getting into fights on the regular over this sh*t and I'm not about to hear the same bullsh*t 30 years later from another ridiculous twat who never grew the **** up. 

So go ahead a$$hole, yuk it up. I'd do it to yourself though, because you ******* spew it at me, ill make sure you're deleted from this board and then I can get back to talking football with old friends. Without bigots around to ruin it. 

Honestly dude, you’re the one calling Wilson a “twink”. So get off your high horse.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, freestater said:

**** you. A lifetime of experience has taught me the only peopl who give a sh*t about anybody's sexuality are the bigots who want to talk sh*t about it. 

So this is about you then right? 

Calling Wilson a Twink for literally no reason at all? I'm not the one worried about someone's sexuality, you clearly are, and I was calling you out on it. 

Then you poorly attempt to flip the script. 

53 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Your google history would be very entertaining to see. 

44 minutes ago, freestater said:

Trying to insinuate something?

41 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Absolutely.

39 minutes ago, freestater said:

care to elaborate? 

28 minutes ago, JTJet said:

If you cant figure it out, sorry about ya. 

?