Robert Saleh Hired: MERGED

Darnold has to go.  Why would JD or the Johnsons inflict him upon a new HC? Makes no sense. 
A do-over is a do-over.  New QB.  Darnold is pathetically bad. Just getting to him AVERAGE would be a miracle, so why does anyone on this site want him back???????  Scratch my head every time someone says Darnold should get another year. No.
We have way too much invested in him. Remember the #6 pick plus 3 2nd round picks. We have to give him every chance we can. Can't just throw him away.

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

We have way too much invested in him. Remember the #6 pick plus 3 2nd round picks. We have to give him every chance we can. Can't just throw him away.

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

4-12 with Darnold in 2021 and people will call it progress.  Darnold sucks.  I'd rather throw him away than throw away another season. 

2 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Identical sentence in an almost identical post on the Bills forum.... The Stadium Wall -Two Bills Drive

Welcome "JoshAllenReceipts."

You only have 178 posts there so I expect you create new poster identities on a regular basis.

Enjoy the game tomorrow night, it should be a good one.

JoshAllen.png

I don’t get it man.  You have a playoff game tomorrow, one of the best teams in the AFC are coming to your building to battle for a chance at the AFC championship game....and you spend the night before trolling Jets fans on their forum.  It’s always posters from that particular Bills forum too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Identical sentence in an almost identical post on the Bills forum.... The Stadium Wall -Two Bills Drive

Welcome "JoshAllenReceipts."

You only have 178 posts there so I expect you create new poster identities on a regular basis.

Enjoy the game tomorrow night, it should be a good one.

JoshAllen.png

things that make you go hmmm

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2021 at 11:37 PM, Jetlife33 said:

Odds of Sam coming back went up tonight. I think he’ll be much better in the shanahan west coast offense. Could all be smoke. Wilson would also be good in that system. Fields to the Jets is over. Not happening. 

It makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense to give up on Darnold after one poor season when the ENTIRE team was poor, injured, bad coaching, just a bad year from top to bottom.  It started out bad with no training camp.  A replaced WR unit, all injured, Darnold had nothing to start with.  The RB's sucked, Bell got injured, Gore is a nice story but he's 37, nothing left in the tank, not good in the passing game.  Our TE play sucked...  The offensive system and decision making sucked.  There was NO LIFE in this team this past year.

Darnold is 23 years old, he now has a couple of years experience.  A new QB means we start over, growing pains, development, etc.  And how the hell do we know Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, or any of them will be any good?  We don't.

We have the former #3 pick in the draft that HAS taken and PLAYED well under a system much like Lafleur is going to bring, it is literally a perfect match for Darnold.

We have draft capital, BUILD around what we already have.  Replacing the QB means we start all over and spend some of that capital meaning we can't address the other areas of the team that need to be.

The formula of moving forward with a new regime, and building on what we have is the right one.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

It makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense to give up on Darnold after one poor season when the ENTIRE team was poor, injured, bad coaching, just a bad year from to bottom.  It started out bad with no training camp.  A replaced WR unit, all injured, Darnold had nothing to start with.  The RB's sucked, Bell got injured, Gore is a nice story but he's 37, nothing left in the tank, not good in the passing game.  Our TE play sucked...  The offensive system and decision making sucked.  There was NO LIFE in this team this past year.

Darnold is 23 years old, he now has a couple of years experience.  A new QB means we start over, growing pains, development, etc.  And how the hell do we know Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, or any of them will be any good?  We don't.

We have the former #3 pick in the draft that HAS taken and PLAYED well under a system much like Lafleur is going to bring, it is literally a perfect match for Darnold.

We have draft capital, BUILD around what we already have.  Replacing the QB means we start all over and spend some of that capital meaning we can't address the other areas of the team that need to be.

The formula of moving forward with a new regime, and building on what we have is the right one.

I agree with you except for the salary cap ramifications which point to having the best chance of success with a qb on a rookie contract. Sam is about to get expensive and we may never have this high a draft pick again to grab a great qb. 

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

I agree with you except for the salary cap ramifications which point to having the best chance of success with a qb on a rookie contract. Sam is about to get expensive and we may never have this high a draft pick again to grab a great qb. 

And we could also resign Darnold at a discount because his current value is questionable, and if he bounces back next year, and time it right, we could resign him on a favorable contract that allows the team to continue to build.

4 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

And we could also resign Darnold at a discount because his current value is questionable, and if he bounces back next year, and time it right, we could resign him on a favorable contract that allows the team to continue to build.

Well he is due 10 mill this year and 23 mill with the 5th year option plus the expense of a good enough veteran backup.  I guess if you could sign him to a reasonable 3 yr deal with an out after 2 and that gives you the chance to really evaluate him with a competent roster and coaching staff it makes sense. As long as you don’t think Fields or Wilson are real franchise qb’s. I’m glad we have two  smart guys making the decision because I don’t have a clue what’s right. 

23 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Well he is due 10 mill this year and 23 mill with the 5th year option plus the expense of a good enough veteran backup.  I guess if you could sign him to a reasonable 3 yr deal with an out after 2 and that gives you the chance to really evaluate him with a competent roster and coaching staff it makes sense. As long as you don’t think Fields or Wilson are real franchise qb’s. I’m glad we have two  smart guys making the decision because I don’t have a clue what’s right. 

That's fair...  I'm sure they will evaluate very closely Fields, Wilson and Lance, assuming Lawrence goes to Jax, and they should evaluate them inside and out.  The new staff should also bring in Darnold and completely debrief him, evaluate him too, see where he is at.  Explore it all.  Just saying moving on from Darnold as a definitive action is not necessarily the right move.

10 minutes ago, freestater said:

If I were Salah, I'd come out in the introduction press conference and start looking around all wild-eyed and manic like.

Just to mess with everyone. 

He's going to look and sound just like this.  Well worth the 6 minutes to watch.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Zyxw99 said:

Forget the fact that you just hired a Defensive Coach in Year 2021. 

Robert Saleh runs the same defense as Pete Carroll. Josh Allen and the Bills Offense is designed to obliterate that Defensive scheme into the sun.

Did you see what Josh Allen did to that defensive scheme this season?

Josh Allen vs Robert Saleh's Defense in 2020:

32/40 (80%)

375 yards (9.4 YPA)

4 TDs

0 INTs

139.1 Passer Rating

Josh Allen vs Robert Saleh's protege Pete Carroll's Defense in 2020:

31/38 (82%)

415 yards (10.9 YPA)

4 TDs

0 INTs

138.5 Passer Rating

Jets were like "Let's hire the 1 coach who matches up the absolute WORST with the top dog in our division"

This is why bad franchises stay bad. Because of illogical, nonsensical decisions like this.

Feeling your oats after finally winning a playoff game after 25 years I see.

And really, how Allen did against Pete Carroll is so important?

Now while youre at explain how Carroll is Saleh's protege 

For some reason, I don’t see JD stretching to draft Wilson or Fields at 2. 

This team has too many needs, and too many holes, and first round draft picks are the best way to fill them.  So if he can get multiple picks to trade down, build a better team, and then if a QB is still available at the end of the first round draft him, that seems to make more sense.  

The concept of Wilson is good-I just don’t know whether he is pick 2 good.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JetsRay said:

It makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense to give up on Darnold after one poor season when the ENTIRE team was poor, injured, bad coaching, just a bad year from top to bottom.  It started out bad with no training camp.  A replaced WR unit, all injured, Darnold had nothing to start with.  The RB's sucked, Bell got injured, Gore is a nice story but he's 37, nothing left in the tank, not good in the passing game.  Our TE play sucked...  The offensive system and decision making sucked.  There was NO LIFE in this team this past year.

I really like Sam. But the history of success of QBs playing under 3 different regimes in 4 years is not high. Plus Sam even on his rookie contract is not cheap. I disagree with you totally. I think it would be idiotic to NOT draft whatever QB Saleh llkes best and have him develop under a new regime. Jets need a fresh start not clinging to the past and hoping the lightbulb goes off in Sam's head

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Miles Austin hired as WR coach? This is his former college coach with the congratulations.

He's from the area - remember when we tried to bring him in when he was an RFA with the Cowboys?

Wouldn't mind seeing Hines Ward back here again in some capacity.  I thought he was good for the WR group.  But this move may signal that's not happening.

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2021 at 10:41 PM, Stark said:

He doesn’t need to know how to construct an offense. He only needs to hire a guy that can. 

And bring in some talent for ****'s sake!

I believe the Jets have enough draft and salary cap capital to be interesting to watch at least. That's really all I want to see, some interesting football.

43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Hines Ward back here again in some capacity.  I thought he was good for the WR group.  But this move may signal that's not happening.

There are a few good coaches that I wouldn't mind holding onto - Ward, Boyer, Andre Carter has done a nice job.  But I can also see the value in doing a complete purge and getting a fresh start - signal a new era with no holdovers at all on the coaching staff, even if it means letting a few quality coaches hit the market.  I think I'm leaning toward that.

• Upvote 1