DeShaun Watson's Texans departure seems inevitable

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I know we are all supposed to pretend that watson is the greatest but how good was he with out his number 1 WR hopkins..

I get it he is good but he's not the great qb inthe world. I'm not a big fan of getting him, especially with how he has acted. 

We are supposed to go get him and pretend like he is not going to do the same bs here if he don't like some roster moves...doubt salah or Joe would delay with it

Just an example of my opinion of Watson.

This year my fantasy league decided to play with 2 QBs.  

I had Mahomes and Watson.

I named the team after Watson.

The guy is really freakin good.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

NO, hell no. He's just not stupid like so many fans. We just fuggin say Deshawn Watson win 4 games without adequate support and you want to chew up our cap and draft capital we need to build a team. It's idiotic.

Agreed.  I want no part of watson.  Joe D has a bunch of picks to rebuild this roster and find his own qb.  Im not passing on that for a qb with 2 surgically repaired knees.

26 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

NFL does not work in a damn the cost mode. Not the right move for the Jets. 

If you just look at it as trading Jamal Adams and a 1st plus a few more picks for a 25 yr old top 5 qb, its more palatable I think. At least for me it is

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Jets have pieces. This team isn’t nearly as bad as the players that make it up. This team was coached by a high school coaching staff for gods sake. A real coach and Winston take this team to at least 7 wins overnight before even factoring in free agency were we have a ton of flexibility and cash.

I believe the defense will take longer to turnaround than the offense. If we find a competent HC/QB combo and our weopinz are going to surprise a lot of people next year.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I know we are all supposed to pretend that watson is the greatest but how good was he with out his number 1 WR hopkins..

I get it he is good but he's not the great qb inthe world. I'm not a big fan of getting him, especially with how he has acted. 

We are supposed to go get him and pretend like he is not going to do the same bs here if he don't like some roster moves...doubt salah or Joe would delay with it

Look at his stats this year, and he was throwing to nobody! Fuller was having a career year and then he got popped for roids. Watson is 100% the real deal no questions asked

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

We all know where he's going unfortunately.

The #3 + Tua is much better than the #2 + Darnold.  Sure, the Jets could throw in the #23 or 34, but Miami can throw in the #18 or do some pick swaps.

will smith miami GIF by Romy

I’m not giving anything of significant value for a guy you gotta pay 40 million a year, how do you build around him with nothing on the roster, and no more talent coming in if your giving up a haul of picks and all this for a guy who is throwing flames to an entire organization over race no thanks.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

NO, hell no. He's just not stupid like so many fans. We just fuggin say Deshawn Watson win 4 games without adequate support and you want to chew up our cap and draft capital we need to build a team. It's idiotic.

If we acquire Watson, his cap hit for this upcoming season would only be $15 million. That’s leaves us with anywhere between $60-$70 million to spend in free agency. It’s hardly an issue. If we keep a first rounder this year then we’re a team with a franchise QB and standard amount of drafts picks and a surplus of money. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, Cp561 said:

Look at his stats this year, and he was throwing to nobody! Fuller was having a career year and then he got popped for roids. Watson is 100% the real deal no questions asked

Some of us actually watched the games

Watson loaded up on garbage time stats.  Fuller was phenomenal before getting popped for PEDs

3 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

It’s funny. The same people who say Darnold’s bad stats are the result of a poor support cast, say stats don’t matter for Watson because his team lost 12 games. Every try to nail jello to the wall?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Some of us actually watched the games

Watson loaded up on garbage time stats.  Fuller was phenomenal before getting popped for PEDs

Sure, keep saying that. Its not like the guy hasn't proven himself for years already, and then went out and led the league in passing yards and put up a great year AFTER his elite receiver got traded. This guy has done nothing but ball out every where he's been. A proven leader on the field and his teammates love him. Sign me up

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Keep the 2nd overall. Send over everything we got for Adams plus an additional 2nd from 2023. That 2 can be converted into getting an extra 2nd. 

The 2 alone is a massive value especially for a guy almost guaranteed to be traded away. If they want the #2, max I’ll give is next years 1st from Seattle. Nothing more. 3 firsts including the 2nd overall is an insane value. You don’t do that for one player who you know is guaranteed to be traded once they hear the offers.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

It’s funny. The same people who say Darnold’s bad stats are the result of a poor support cast, say stats don’t matter for Watson because his team lost 12 games. Every try to nail jello to the wall?

With the amount of garbage time we had this season you’d think Sam Darnold would have put up double digit touchdowns.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even more of a reason to invest at QB.  Teams just don't win titles with C or D grade QB's.  Get the QB and all of a sudden it becomes a lot easier to build a contender.  The 2009-10 Jets were a unicorn type of roster.  You don't find teams with an elite OL AND elite defense anymore.  They don't exist.  

Look at the playoffs right now

Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes...like you need one of these guys or you have ZERO chance

Watson is ONE of those guys!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

With the amount of garbage time we had this season you’d think Sam Darnold would have put up double digit touchdowns.

Devastating point. Except for Sam, “garbage time stats” would be called “flashes.”

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I’m not giving anything of significant value for a guy you gotta pay 40 million a year, how do you build around him with nothing on the roster, and no more talent coming in if your giving up a haul of picks and all this for a guy who is throwing flames to an entire organization over race no thanks.

I think it’s more about them lying to him about input than race or social justice.

that being said, and as someone who finds the fusion of sports with political stances totally ridiculous, this dude could come out in a BLM shirt with Farrakhan by his side every game and I wouldn’t give a damn. I’m that desperate for a real qb for this team.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If the Jets trade for Watson and in a few years end up trading away his favorite weapon at the behest of some shyster con-man douchenozzle who has no business making football decisions, and then proceeds to give more power and influence to said douchenozzle while he throws everyone else around him under the bus, fracturing the trust in the entire organization while he molds it to his liking by firing everyone who doesn't jive with his philosophy, then I'll be just as irate as Deshaun and probably advocate setting him free, too.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Cp561 said:

Sure, keep saying that. Its not like the guy hasn't proven himself for years already, and then went out and led the league in passing yards and put up a great year AFTER his elite receiver got traded. This guy has done nothing but ball out every where he's been. A proven leader on the field and his teammates love him. Sign me up

I’m not saying I don’t Watson I just don’t want to rush to give away 5+ first round picks for the guy

It’s like Baker shat himself you guys are all worked up now 

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Look at the playoffs right now

Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes...like you need one of these guys or you have ZERO chance

Watson is ONE of those guys!!!

5 of the 6 highest paid QBs played in January this year. 6 of 6 in last 2 years. 19 of 20 of the last SBs were won by a QB with at least one Pro Bowl under his belt and 16 of those by QBs either already in the HOF or well on their way.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Jets have pieces. This team isn’t nearly as bad as the players that make it up. This team was coached by a high school coaching staff for gods sake. A real coach and Winston take this team to at least 7 wins overnight before even factoring in free agency were we have a ton of flexibility and cash.

Yeah, and just imagine what a real coach and Watson could do for this franchise!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m not saying I don’t Watson I just don’t want to rush to give away 5+ first round picks for the guy

What's the price you're comfortable for Watson?

That Daniel Jerimiah proposal works for me... #2 this year, 1st in 2022, 1st in 2023. 

That's not five first rounders - that's Jamal Adams + a 1st rounder, minus a third rounder. Only leaves us without a first rounder for one year, btw, in 2023.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

Watson made Chad Hansen seem like an actual decent NFL receiver... what more proof do we need??

FQBs make their own weaponz not the other way around. The posts saying Watson is a product of Will Fuller are hilarious. No one but Jets fans would know his name if he had to try to catch air mail from Sam on those go routes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

What's the price you're comfortable for Watson?

That Daniel Jerimiah proposal works for me... #2 this year, 1st in 2022, 1st in 2023. 

That's not five first rounders - that's Jamal Adams + a 1st rounder, minus a third rounder. Only leaves us without a first rounder for one year, btw, in 2023.

You cannot evaluate every negotiation based on the Adams trade.  JD robbed Seattle