DeShaun Watson's Texans departure seems inevitable

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

To say the Jets must do "all that they can to get Watson" is absurd. It obviously should depend on the asking price. My personal feeling is I'm not trading anything more than a 2nd, preferably a 3rd for what? A disgruntled 4 year veteran?

With that said, Deshaun Watson is a good QB. Getting him and inserting him into a QB competition with Sammy is an excellent scenario for the team. It will most definitely set Sammys A$$ on fire. It will let him know with no uncertain terms that the days of him being forgiven for regressing are OVER.

But I'm also unwilling to give up a 1st rounder. The Jets need too much help all over the team to be pulling silly sh*t with 1st rounders, let alone the 2nd overall pick. The mere suggestions is purely psychotic and very clearly a move Mac would have made.

I agree. We’ve built up the cap space and the draft capital to rebuild a horrible roster. Watson is elite but at 40 million a year would eat up the cap and cost us the picks that can cheaply build the team. He was worth a high number 1 pick coming into the league on a rookie deal but not 3 or 4 number ones now with this team. 

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Imagine thinking that Deshaun Watson and Sam Darnold in training camp together is a "competition".

That's as much a competition as @The Crusher vs Liza Minnelli when the buffet puts out the last tray of pork chops. That dizzy bitch has no chance.

Liza makes joey chestnut look like an amateur when it comes to pork chops though.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is asinine.  WTF is a great QB if Watson isn’t one?  I’m watching the payoffs, he’s as good as anyone out here, sans Rodgers/Mahomes.  What else do you want?  Better?  Who’s that? 

Give me a QB who's already won a Super Bowl, or give me mediocrity!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Hey, if you give the guy a pro bowl supporting cast headlined by Hercules, and Wonder Woman he might be able to split the series every couple years.

I’d bet even money that Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen have already won more games as starters in this league than Darnold will for his entire career.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

You know exactly who they believe is better. In a poll here this off season a plurality of Jets fans voted that Sam Darnold’s ceiling was Aaron Rodgers.

Jets fans are the basement-dwelling incel who rejects a girl because her eye lashes are too long.

I will say that Darnold does have a very high ceiling, but his biggest problem is doing anything with it.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Give me a QB who's already won a Super Bowl, or give me mediocrity!

I know this is satirical, but I've seen similar takes to this one in the thread and the "don't trade for Watson, he hasn't won a ring yet" take is confusing. Do people realize that idea produces a logic where Joe Flacco is the QB of the future?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Its not just 3 firsts if you trade the 2nd pick..  you can potentially trade down and pick up another first if not more so suddenly its 4 firsts and a 3rd...

Jamal being traded for 2 late round firsts a lot different than 3 firsts with one of them being 2nd overall.

Too much.

Cap it at Seattle's first, lower first next year, and a 2nd...

Or 2nd overall and a 2nd and 3rd.  You can recoup the 2nd trading darnold.

Bugs Bunny Yes GIF by Looney Tunes

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

Its not just 3 firsts if you trade the 2nd pick..  you can potentially trade down and pick up another first if not more so suddenly its 4 firsts and a 3rd...

Jamal being traded for 2 late round firsts a lot different than 3 firsts with one of them being 2nd overall.

Too much.

Cap it at Seattle's first, lower first next year, and a 2nd...

Or 2nd overall and a 2nd and 3rd.  You can recoup the 2nd trading darnold.

I love this take.

We got 2 1sts for jamal. But if we give up 3 1sts for Watson its too much. That makes 0 sense. Hes a top 5 qb in the league and only 25 year old.

The trade is basically the jamal adams picks plus our 1 this year. If you wouldn't do that trade you need a brain transplant.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I know this is satirical, but I've seen similar takes to this one in the thread and the "don't trade for Watson, he hasn't won a ring yet" take is confusing. Do people realize that idea produces a logic where Joe Flacco is the QB of the future?

If I’m stuck with a current Jets QB for one more season it’s a clear Flacco. At least our weepiinz would have a prayer to develop.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

To say the Jets must do "all that they can to get Watson" is absurd. It obviously should depend on the asking price. My personal feeling is I'm not trading anything more than a 2nd, preferably a 3rd for what? A disgruntled 4 year veteran?

With that said, Deshaun Watson is a good QB. Getting him and inserting him into a QB competition with Sammy is an excellent scenario for the team. It will most definitely set Sammys A$$ on fire. It will let him know with no uncertain terms that the days of him being forgiven for regressing are OVER.

eric cartman street GIF by South Park

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I love this take.

We got 2 1sts for jamal. But if we give up 3 1sts for Watson its too much. That makes 0 sense. Hes a top 5 qb in the league and only 25 year old.

The trade is basically the jamal adams picks plus our 1 this year. If you wouldn't do that trade you need a brain transplant.

Transplant? I think you mean installation!

Sorry @Paccouldn’t resist

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I agree. We’ve built up the cap space and the draft capital to rebuild a horrible roster. Watson is elite but at 40 million a year would eat up the cap and cost us the picks that can cheaply build the team. He was worth a high number 1 pick coming into the league on a rookie deal but not 3 or 4 number ones now with this team. 

I believe he avg. out at $39mil APY which is a steal based on other contracts and where they’re headed. Signed through 2025

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I love this take.

That's a great way of looking at it.

23 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

But I'm also unwilling to give up a 1st rounder. The Jets need too much help all over the team to be pulling silly sh*t with 1st rounders, let alone the 2nd overall pick. The mere suggestions is purely psychotic and very clearly a move Mac would have made.

Where do y0u score your drugs?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

He had his best season.  You are really putting the wins on him?  You’re better then this. 

He got 4 wins in his best season and then you expect him to do better with a worse roster?  Yes the roster will be much worse then what he played with this year if the Jets trade the farm for him your better then this.

The 2nd overall pick in the draft is worth 3 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder of the seattle picks value if you look at the draft value chart.

You cannot lump our 2nd overall with the seattle picks and just say '1st round'

If you are going to give up the seattle pick the seattle pick next year and our 2nd rounder you are looking at a value of about 5 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Sarcasm?

The only competition that should be had between a QB with a 112, and a 72 rating should be a game of cornhole. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I only have socks on. And a mask because of the pandemic. 

it’s pretty cold out though.  Hopefully there is heated seats in this bitch. 

That's perfect attire. Some may ask you to lose the socks, though.

Don't worry about the temp. It's going to get so hot in here that you'll be begging for AC.

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

Sarcasm?

The only competition that should be had between a QB with a 112, and a 72 rating should be a game of cornhole. 

Yeah and you know who’d be on top 

Oh you mean the beanbag toss game. Never mind.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He got 4 wins in his best season and then you expect him to do better with a worse roster?  Yes the roster will be much worse then what he played with this year if the Jets trade the farm for him your better then this.

Hes 25 they can build around him! I trust JD to construct a team that can compete in a couple of years... and Watson would still only be 27-28 in this scenario 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Lupz27 said:

I don’t think the Jets are firing their GM/HC after 4 games with total mutiny and players mailing it in here next year, so yeah, I would expect much better.  
And you’re not giving up the farm.  You would still have 1st round picks, a high 2nd and whatevs you get for Darnold in addition to probably still having close to 60 mil in cap space.  You can absolutely build around Watson and do so quickly.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

If we look at recent big trades for guidance on value for 'premium players in their prime' we look to Ramsey, Tunsil and JAdams (lolz). All three went for at least two firsts. 

Watson plays quarterback. 

I think the conversation starts at the #2 + another first rounder.

I get that he's disgruntled, so conceivably that removes some leverage from the Texans... but then you have to factor in the sheer number of teams that would be interested, and suddenly there's a bidding war.

Long story short, I think the price will be at least two #1's.

Hence, the reason I wouldn't be interested....

Just now, JiF said:

I don’t think the Jets are firing their GM/HC after 4 games with total mutiny and players mailing it in here next year, so yeah, I would expect much better.  
And you’re not giving up the farm.  You would still have 1st round picks, a high 2nd and whatevs you get for Darnold in addition to probably still having close to 60 mil in cap space.  You can absolutely build around Watson and do so quickly.  

I think people just completely forgot the dreadful Texan situation this year to fit their narrative.

1 minute ago, Cp561 said:

Hes 25 they can build around him! I trust JD to construct a team that can compete in a couple of years... and Watson would still only be 27-28 in this scenario 

We don’t have enough good players to go out and get good players!

Confused Larry David GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2