1000 yard nameless back - the Shanny Experience

Paradis

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So i'm going to go ahead and just blindly believe the Jets will get there's in this department. QB stuff TBD... but we... will. run. the damn ball.

A quick a look at some Backs who could sell Jerseys this time next year--

• Matt Breida - couldn't find a place in MIA, but has all the tools and experience in this system/staff. Would be a bandaide though, 27 next season
  • Jeff Wilson - Maybe the team/staff likes him enough to barter on that RFA tender. He's a fcking beast. 
  • Trey Sermon (Ohio St) - flashed in the Clemson game and gave us a look at what he brings to the table. I like the fit. Likely a day 3 selection.
  • Nate McCrary (SVSU) - though a likely UDFA, I like him in the same manner as I liked Jeff Wilson and James Robinson. Scheme fit++. Runs with purpose.
  • Ty Johnson/J Adams - literally roll with our own no-names. Ty showed some wiggle & woosh. It's the Shanny way to bring in competition though.

I don't like Perine in this system. He's more of a Steelers/Connor back if he was performing at peak value.  Najee Harris would SLAY under this scheme -- but that's not a position you need to spend a lot on in this scenario. 

Your thoughts? Names or fantasy scenarios? 

What do you think of CJ Marable 

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So i'm going to go ahead and just blindly believe the Jets will get there's in this department. QB stuff TBD... but we... will. run. the damn ball.

A quick a look at some Backs who could sell Jerseys this time next year--

• Matt Breida - couldn't find a place in MIA, but has all the tools and experience in this system/staff. Would be a bandaide though, 27 next season
  • Jeff Wilson - Maybe the team/staff likes him enough to barter on that RFA tender. He's a fcking beast. 
  • Trey Sermon (Ohio St) - flashed in the Clemson game and gave us a look at what he brings to the table. I like the fit. Likely a day 3 selection.
  • Nate McCrary (SVSU) - though a likely UDFA, I like him in the same manner as I liked Jeff Wilson and James Robinson. Scheme fit++. Runs with purpose.
  • Ty Johnson/J Adams - literally roll with our own no-names. Ty showed some wiggle & woosh. It's the Shanny way to bring in competition though.

I don't like Perine in this system. He's more of a Steelers/Connor back if he was performing at peak value.  Najee Harris would SLAY under this scheme -- but that's not a position you need to spend a lot on in this scenario. 

Your thoughts? Names or fantasy scenarios? 

If you like Sermon, you should also like Rhamondre Stephenson  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

What do you think of CJ Marable 

Marable! Good call. Not sure I Iike him in a feature back role. Exciting because he plays with a lot of hustle. Decent hands and plays the perimeter well. Basically a 3rd down James white back imo. Doesn’t have the burst and vision to be the guy on those first 2 downs tho. 

just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

You expect me to read posts before I respond to them?  I have a short attentions span, I am an Albertan.

only 25 yrs in Red Deer can help me truly appreciate this post...

yes, Nate McCrary from SVSU... he's looking like he could be that guy for me this year. Super tough to find tape though -- reached out to the school for some All-22

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I know this goes against the spirit of the thread but Aaron Jones would be insane in a Shanahan scheme. I know you generally don’t want to pay big money to a RB on his second contract though. 

yea... if those muppets would have listen to me 4 years ago - we could have drafted the sonofabitch. No one was cranking out UTEP tweets like this guy....Pretty sure Aaron still follows me on Twitter

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If you like Sermon, you should also like Rhamondre Stephenson  

interesting name drop. I admit not paying a lot of attention to their running game this year... Not a fan of brooks (he was out this year, no?) - so I owe Stevenson some time... 230+ has my attention. Completely. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

interesting name drop. I admit not paying a lot of attention to their running game this year... Not a fan of brooks (he was out this year, no?) - so I owe Stevenson some time... 230+ has my attention. Completely. 

While not a speedster obviously, he moves well for a man his size

• Upvote 2

I was impressed watching some videos of Michael Carter out of UNC and Chuba Hubbard out of Oklahoma ST.

Both seemed to have vision and patience, with Chuba having elite speed and Carter being far more shifty & versatile in the pass game. 

Personally I like Carter myself, but I still have a lot to learn about what the Shanahan offense values in a RB... other than low cost. 

11 hours ago, PS17 said:

I know this goes against the spirit of the thread but Aaron Jones would be insane in a Shanahan scheme. I know you generally don’t want to pay big money to a RB on his second contract though. 

Well, he pretty much already is. Surely Matt La Fleur(brother of our new OC Mike) is running exactly that scheme?