***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

That JFM extension is gonna go down in infamy you could see that coming from a mile away.

Can anyone give me an example of a GM signing a guy who has a good small stretch of games out of nowhere to a big contract working out? Because I can give you a long list where it didnt.

Stinks of a panic move by a GM who doesnt know what he is doing and is slowly realizing he has developed a reputation in the league.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

That JFM extension is gonna go down in infamy you could see that coming from a mile away.

Can anyone give me an example of a GM signing a guy who has a good small stretch of games out of nowhere to a big contract working out? Because I can give you a long list where it didnt.

Stinks of a panic move by a GM who doesnt know what he is doing and is slowly realizing he has developed a reputation in the league.

Not sure why there was a rush to extend Franklin Myers midseason.  We have depth at DT

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Zach sucks dude

No one thought the likes of Adam Gase and Sam Darnold were going to take us to the Super Bowl, but we are a rebuilding team, it’s going to take us years to compete again, so the question is....

.....why did we take a Hail Mary on a rookie quarterback and a rookie head coach when we could’ve stayed the course for another season or two and pull those triggers on those positions when we were actually ready?  This is Joe Douglas' biggest mistake. 

Gase was actually good in managing and motivating a hopeless team and Darnold was at least average. All of the new players Douglas has brought in would’ve been better served with an experienced head coach and an experienced quarterback building their confidence week over week. What we’ve got going on now is such a sh-t show no one can improve.

SAR I 

• Thumb Down 1

here we go again....

i know we all got high on last weeks win and some of you thought we were turning a point but thats on you, stick with the plan. 4 maybe 5 wins top. we all know this is going to be a rough season.

was this game ugly? hell yeah. but we still had a chance to win it. 

and i dont want to hear about the pass interference or how Atlanta kepted us in the game... that sh*t has been happening against us for 50 years, its about time we get some come our way.

how many examples do you need of rookie QBs who have bad 1st years turning out to be good/great.

you dont want to hear that right? but some of you want to keep Sam. it took him 4 years and i still wont say hes good until he starts beating good teams.. will you give Wilson 4 years? yeah right you dont even want to give the kid 4 games.

and no matter how we played , we were in this game in the 4th qt with a chance to win. thats 3 out of 5 weeks we were in the game in the 4 qt . thats not bad. bet you take this game if we won it

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

here we go again....

i know we all got high on last weeks win and some of you thought we were turning a point but thats on you, stick with the plan. 4 maybe 5 wins top. we all know this is going to be a rough season.

was this game ugly? hell yeah. but we still had a chance to win it. 

and i dont want to hear about the pass interference or how Atlanta kepted us in the game... that sh*t has been happening against us for 50 years, its about time we get some come our way.

how many examples do you need of rookie QBs who have bad 1st years turning out to be good/great.

you dont want to hear that right? but some of you want to keep Sam. it took him 4 years and i still wont say hes good until he starts beating good teams.. will you give Wilson 4 years? yeah right you dont even want to give the kid 4 games.

and no matter how we played , we were in this game in the 4th qt with a chance to win. thats 3 out of 5 weeks we were in the game in the 4 qt . thats not bad. bet you take this game if we won it

He has two full drafts of players with none of them performing. Why give him another one? He’s not doing his job.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He has two full drafts of players with none of them performing. Why give him another one? He’s not doing his job.

Two full drafts. Two full free agency periods.

No player. Not a single one is worthy of mention. 

His best finds are 3 UDFAs. 

JFM, Amendola, and Williams.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

47 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He looks worse than idzik with the same type of plan. So, congrats?

Because you get you head around that hes had two drafts and a roster that had to be completely redone from the QB position on down

Instead of taking it in and understanding this you come up with hes worse than Idzik.  Congrats.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Two whole drafts you say?  Wow, he sucks for not replacing almost all of the starting 22 plus most of STs with less than 20 picks. 

Hes just not doing his job. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Because you get you head around that hes had two drafts and a roster that had to be completely redone from the QB position on down

Instead of taking it in and understanding this you come up with hes worse than Idzik.  Congrats.

The roster is literally worse then when he started. After 2 drafts there should be a huge influx of young talent on the team that looks good.  There isnt .

Joe Douglas has been GM of the jets longer than idziks entire tenure.  

With a worse record. And a team that looks worse. But sure. Guess we should give Douglas more time so you can keep coming up with empty platitudes about patience and people not understanding "the plan."

We can see "the plan." The problem is the guy executing "the plan" sucks at his job and the team is a disaster.

Rebuilds in the modern NFL dont take 5 years if the guy running the rebuild has any idea what he is doing. Joe Douglas clearly doesn't know what he is doing.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Two whole drafts you say?  Wow, he sucks for not replacing most of the starting 22 with less than 2- picks. 

So the GM hires a HC, who gets the GM fired, and gets another GM hired, who fires the HC, that got him hired. Did I get this right? 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Two whole drafts you say?  Wow, he sucks for not replacing almost all of the starting 22 plus most of STs with less than 20 picks. 

two whole drafts is a lot of drafts to not have anyone doing anything

• Upvote 4

We are gonna win at most six games this season and likely four. It was always going to be painful. They will flash when we least expect it snd lose when we think we have a win. I agree that Zach looked terrible today. Let’s see how he does the rest of the way before we jump off ship. 

• Upvote 3

If Joe Douglas looked and talked like Idzik he would not have a single defender on this board. The results speak for themselves.

People really will twist themselves into knots and ignore all results if somebody looks the part.

Happens with coaches and QBs all the time and will keep happening. Jeff Fisher built a long career out of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If Joe Douglas looked and talked like Idzik he would not have a single defender on this board. The results speak for themselves.

People really will twist themselves into knots and ignore all results if somebody looks the part.

Happens with coaches and QBs all the time and will keep happening. Jeff Fisher built a long career out of it.

All Joe has going for him is that he is fat,  and I trust fat guys.  JD ruined pissed on that trust.  Cueball Salad is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in over his head

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Right. Mac's first draft produced more productive players than Douglas's two drafts together.

Have to call it like it is. These last two drafts have been abysmal. Jets will be picking probably top 5 again and you cant let him mess it up. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Our best players are Q, Mosley and Fatukasi. All Mac holdovers. Maye probably would be too but he’s checked out.

This is almost entirely a Joe Douglas team now and it’s among the worst in football. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1