Louis Riddick trolling Jet fans

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Except Wilson DOES do that stuff routinely in games. In basically every game there is a version of that throw. He does things like that all the time. I remember when we got Clemens I was really impressed with his highlight tape. Well pretty much every GAME tape of Wilson is better than the Clemens highlight reel. He is ridiculously dynamic.

I'm not trying to run the guy down (and I'm not going to pretend like I watch a lot of BYU football). Wilson is very smooth from what I've seen, but I don't think he's really comparable to Allen in terms of arm strength, or Mahomes/Rodgers in terms of Houdining out of trouble. I certainly hope you're right!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Except Wilson DOES do that stuff routinely in games. In basically every game there is a version of that throw. He does things like that all the time. I remember when we got Clemens I was really impressed with his highlight tape. Well pretty much every GAME tape of Wilson is better than the Clemens highlight reel. He is ridiculously dynamic.

He woulda looked the same behind our OLINE with Gase

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

https://www.nfl.com/players/louis-riddick/stats/career

Louis Riddick had less interceptions than Jamal or Revis or Eric Smith.  His credibility is less than Casserly's.

Talking head.

Skip Bayless has as many INT's as Louis Riddick.

Both are idiots

Riddick is the guy DW wanted to be the Texans GM. Did you know that

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Before they played in the league many negative things were said about all 3 of those QB's hell on this board alone Josh Allen was trashed by most posters.. No one knows what a college QB can do in the pro's until they do it. It does help when a QB goes to a playoff type team like Mahomes as opposed to a bottom of the barrel type team.. 

I was the most enthusiastic trasher of Josh Allen! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He woulda looked the same behind our OLINE with Gase

First of all, you obviously don't know that. Second, Darnold is hardly the first QB to play behind a bad offensive line. Justin Herbert played behind the worst offensive line in football last year, yet he shined as a rookie and made his teammates better. Burrow played behind a bad offensive line and played very well before his injury. 

I think everyone here would agree that a good QB is supposed to uplift the team around him. Why does that rule get ignored when we talk about Darnold?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I think Wilson's arm is a little better than Darnold's, but otherwise I think this is true. The idea of drafting Wilson is that he's better between the ears.

I guess JD would know if he is better between the ears or not, but I don't see how we would know. Darnold did score a 28 on the Wonderlic, so he's no dummy, at least by that measure.

I don't think anyone knows what JD will be doing with the #2 pick until he either announces it, or does it. If I was in JD's shoes, I would do everything to convince teams I intend to take a QB because it ups the value of the pick. He's already said he'll listen to a trade for any player. So, unless he thinks a QB in the draft is a sure fire HOF'er, I am sure he'll trade out of the pick for the right deal. At this point, Darnold is the luxury that affords him that option. So, If we see JD trade Darnold, then we'll know there is a QB in this draft that he LOVES. If he still has Darnold on draft day, I am certain he will still be weighing his options. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

First of all, you obviously don't know that. Second, Darnold is hardly the first QB to play behind a bad offensive line. Justin Herbert played behind the worst offensive line in football last year, yet he shined as a rookie and made his teammates better. Burrow played behind a bad offensive line and played very well before his injury. 

I think everyone here would agree that a good QB is supposed to uplift the team around him. Why does that rule get ignored when we talk about Darnold?

Correct. We saw two young QBs come in and excel with bad OLs. Gase also sucked but Tannehill was a middle of the pack guy with Miami while Sam is basically dead last. But people will let the excuses keep rolling in for Sam. 

This was an incredible play by Sam. Great escape and insane throw. Jaw dropping.

The problem is it came at the end of the 4th quarter in a game we were down by 30 points in which Sam had up to that drive thrown for 100 yards and a few INTs. 

It’s plays like this that kept me rooting for Sam a lot longer than most. Even at the end of last season I was hopeful he’d string a few pretty good games together and show he was competent, and we could roll into 2021 with him under a better offensive system and staff. But it didn’t happen and here we are.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Probably because he was also paired with Gase and Dowell, both of who are not in the NFL anymore. And with a supporting cast for most weeks to the likes of Josh Malone, Cager and Chris Hogan? Oh and the great Jeff Smith as well. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Sure. 

36 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Comparing a 30-yard throw to a 60-yard throw?

Look, no one argues that Darnold can uncork some really nice throws sometimes. His problem is that he can't perform like that consistently after three years of trying. Enough already.

comparing a throw under duress in a game to a throw in shorts during a showcase?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Louis Riddick a great announcer, honestly my favorite. However, this is silly. He’s not taking into account anything other than Sam can make a similar throw. A lot of this decision is going to come down to money, it always does. Rookie contract, lines up with JD and Saleh, etc. But still like I’ve been saying, nobody knows the answer! Just have to continue to wait it out until JD makes the decision. 

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

We have plenty of tape of both players making throws under duress. Darnold's tapes are riddled with interceptions. As for Wilson ...

i'm not saying anything except that the throw was more impressive than wilson's given the circumstances. i like wilson, but lets see what he does in the nfl as opposed to playing against crappy college teams

• Upvote 1

Thread headline is appropriate. Riddick is trolling.

The Jets and their fanbase are still an easy target. Easy to throw up one of Darnold's 364 passing attempts last year, and use it to generate a reaction. 

But he wouldn't do it for Minshew, show one of his better throws, a day after Lawrence's pro day, because, well it's Jacksonville and no one honestly gives a sh*t. 

His responses below his original tweet shows what he really thinks of the Jets, and has nothing to do with Zach Wilson. 

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

We have plenty of tape of both players making throws under duress. Darnold's tapes are riddled with interceptions. As for Wilson ...

Also relevant: was under pressure 0.0% of the time. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

kellen clemens? lol really? you couldn't at least compare him to someone who wasn't a completely wasted draft pick?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

Riddick has made it clear that he isn't a fan of how the Jets have handled the Darnold/draft situation. There's definitely a bit of an agenda behind that tweet.

It'd be great to hear from Sam.  Won't happen because he's not the type to make big headlines, but does he even want to be here?

This team couldn't have put him in a worse situation if they tried.  It's almost like they purposely ruined his career.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Riddick has made it clear that he isn't a fan of how the Jets have handled the Darnold/draft situation. There's definitely a bit of an agenda behind that tweet.

He does make some valid points though.

the truth is that you couldn't come up with a much better plan to destroy a qb's career if that was actually your goal. the jets gave darnold zero chance to succeed. put him behind a terrible oline, with a very poor group of offensive skill players, and then let an imbecile coach the team

• Upvote 4

Saw that and can't lie I sorta got heated. Classic Jets hate - he's trying to make a large point off one clip so others can ridicule Jets and agree with him. 

Where was all this Darnold love when he was seeing ghosts or when he was throwing stupid picks or when the team was down in games and he couldn't dig the team out of a pot hole. Darnold is a good kid and he can still be a starter in this league but he's damaged goods here - the second he starts playing bad here we will eat him alive and he will be down in the gutter cuz the kids got no grit, he plays backyard football which will wow you at times and at other times makes you remember why this type of play is kept in the backyard. 

Gimme a break, we got 4 1st round picks over the next 2 drafts and and an extra 3rd rounder this year plus whatever we get for Darnold. The team is set up great to build - we don't need nor can we afford to roll with mediocrity at the leagues most important position to stockpile picks. 

• Post of the Week 2

19 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

People will ignore this and make jokes to deflect from facts. 

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Also relevant: was under pressure 0.0% of the time. 

There we go 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

We have video of Wilson under pressure?  Where?

All I've seen are highlights of him chillin back there without any pressure.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist.  I just haven't seen any.

Totally valid point by Riddick.  Those fancy schmancy across the body going the wrong way throws are cool but that is not what impresses me by the Wilson workout it was his short to medium on target short throws.  Quick release, great velocity, on target.

Oh and another thing.  Our fing oline just blows.  If Douglas thinks the jokers we have on the interior are any good at all he is not the answer.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fullblast said:

He does make some valid points though.

I think him and a lot of other TV guys who prop up Darnold are carrying Jimmy Sexton's water. Sexton is no doubt a key source for a lot of media people.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

We have video of Wilson under pressure?  Where?

All I've seen are highlights of him chillin back there without any pressure.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist.  I just haven't seen any.

So the "minimum 70 dropbacks under pressure" that was cited in the post above -- you think PFF made that up? I guess you did, because most of the arguments in favor of Darnold come purely from people's imagination.