Why Elijah Moore is Different!

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yeah... I guess.  Great.  A pair of good inside WRs. Woohoo.   As for the rest...    Mims will still get  blanketed.  It is very hard for me to have any faith at all in Corey Davis after watching his Tennessee poor play, but maybe Davis can turn it around.  

Moss and Coles were the same size. Both were ballers. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

We were good enough at WR before this pick. This was a luxury imo. We need RB help way more and I haven't  mentioned this but I think JD passed on Williams  because he picked Perrine last season and wants  to stick with him as the young guy at the position

I don't think we need RB nearly as much as you do.

First of all we did add Coleman, who is going to be the primary back regardless of anyone we draft now.

Josh Adams ran for 5.4 y/a last season.  The only reason we didn't hear his name more was because our *gag* head coach *gag* was in love with his 36 year old veteran and his 3.5 y/a average.  I think with an improved line, better scheme, and no Gore cock-blocking him, Adams could be a very strong component of the offense.

I'm also pretty optimistic that Ty Johnson can continue to produce as well, including his 77% catch percentage.  

Notice I didn't even mention Perrine who I'm not sure should even play above either of those two guys.

Coleman, Adams, and Johnson.  I don't believe we are going to find a RB at this point who can displace any of them.  And Adams and Johnson are both very young.  So I just don't see it.  We can help the running game more with another OL or TE than we can with another RB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We were good enough at WR before this pick. This was a luxury imo. We need RB help way more and I haven't  mentioned this but I think JD passed on Williams  because he picked Perrine last season and wants  to stick with him as the young guy at the position

Draft is not over, perhaps they really like one of these RBs left on the board. Every year, a few day 3 and even undrafted RBs end up being difference makers. Let's hope JD finds one of these

Rbs should only be drafted day 3. You never use a premium pick on a useless position like rb

Draft is not over, perhaps they really like one of these RBs left on the board. Every year, a few day 3 and even undrafted RBs end up being difference makers. Let's hope JD finds one of these

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I don't think we need RB nearly as much as you do.

First of all we did add Coleman, who is going to be the primary back regardless of anyone we draft now.

Josh Adams ran for 5.4 y/a last season.  The only reason we didn't hear his name more was because our *gag* head coach *gag* was in love with his 36 year old veteran and his 3.5 y/a average.  I think with an improved line, better scheme, and no Gore cock-blocking him, Adams could be a very strong component of the offense.

I'm also pretty optimistic that Ty Johnson can continue to produce as well, including his 77% catch percentage.  

Notice I didn't even mention Perrine who I'm not sure should even play above either of those two guys.

Coleman, Adams, and Johnson.  I don't believe we are going to find a RB at this point who can displace any of them.  And Adams and Johnson are both very young.  So I just don't see it.  We can help the running game more with another OL or TE than we can with another RB.

I wasn't  only focused on RB. There was a lot of talk about Jenkins but I really like Dickerson since we need a C

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I wasn't  only focused on RB. There was a lot of talk about Jenkins but I really like Dickerson since we need a C

You do know the Eagles drafted Dickerson last night at the top of round 2.  I'm not sure there's an answer at C left.  Like it or not, I think we ride or die with McGovern this year.

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You do know the Eagles drafted Dickerson last night at the top of round 2.  I'm not sure there's an answer at C left.  Like it or not, I think we ride or die with McGovern this year.

Yes, I did. I would have preferred him over Moore and be done rebuilding the OL. The way it is now we likely are still taking an OL with one of the first round picks in 2022

27 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Moss and Coles were the same size. Both were ballers. 

Coles was 5'11".  Moss was listed as 5'10" but was shorter.  I know that from meeting him in person.  

And you are not getting the point.  I never claimed that Moore won't be a very good slot WR.  I am upset of JDs use of draft value.  I would rather traded down to get another pick. Or have gone in a different direction with the pick.

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yes, I did. I would have preferred him over Moore and be done rebuilding the OL. The way it is now we likely are still taking an OL with one of the first round picks in 2022

Depends how well they gel this year. The hope is that on top of Becton and Vera-Tucker setting up the foundation on the left side is that McGovern and Fant can become strong pieces in this new scheme. And the final guard spot should see some competition. I hope we find 2 out of 3 guys on the right/center here that can be long term pieces so we can focus on edge rush and corner in the 1st next year. 

4 minutes ago, House Jet said:

Tyreek Hill 5'10 185 runs a 4.3

Elijah Moore 5'9 185 runs a 4.3

....not saying it.... just saying tho!

So this board loves the pick because it thinks we drafted Tyreek Hill.

Okey-dokey then.  Not much more to say about it.  

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Coles was 5'11".  Moss was listed as 5'10" but was shorter.  I know that from meeting him in person.  

And you are not getting the point.  I never claimed that Moore won't be a very good slot WR.  I am upset of JDs use of draft value.  I would rather traded down to get another pick. Or have gone in a different direction with the pick.

They just really like Moore (would’ve taken him at 23). 

There is a version of this draft where we keep our picks and fill in some holes making us feel all nice and cozy but the truth is, we need talent, and if that means giving up some mid round picks and not trading down, I’m good with that because we can still fill out the roster today and we came away with 3 legit offensive player. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Memet from Penn St would be fine in the ZBS.  Don't need to spend a fortune in the draft to improve there.

Just now, Tranquilo said:

They just really like Moore (would’ve taken him at 23). 

There is a version of this draft where we keep our picks and fill in some holes making us feel all nice and cozy but the truth is, we need talent, and if that means giving up some mid round picks and not trading down, I’m good with that because we can still fill out the roster today and we came away with 3 legit offensive player. 

yes.  I agree.  

Just now, Tranquilo said:

That’s a strawman. The entire board thinks he’s tyreek hill?!

Just the one or two posters who think the comp to Ty Hill is a good argument here.  *That's* the strawman.  

22 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

I've been saying it in other threads.   JD-Saleh-LaFleur and Knapp can envision a lethal combo of ZW's special arm talents combining with Elijah Moore's elusive explosiveness.  That it can become a dynamic duo.  Similar...but different...to a Mahomes to Tyreek Hill.  And that's why Moore was at the top of the Jets big board.   Combining these two young talents...and how they can excel and grow together in this WCO.

Anyone remember how lethal the quick release fastballs of Dan Marino...throwing it to the Mark brothers...Mark Clayton and Mark Duper?  Two little speedy guys making catches everywhere on the field.  Those were the best year's for Dan Marino.   It was a very lethal passing game.  

Jets brain trust envisions the developing of a lethal passing game of their own.  ZW-Elijah Moore  duo...is a step towards achieving that.  Plus the addition of AVT.   These Three Amigos additions combined with the pieces Jets have right now.  Jets offense no joke anymore.  No DC's will be licking their chops to game plan against the NYJ...No Mas.   

Finally,  someone here who can provide a logical, cogent argument.  Thank you.  This helped me a lot.  The rest of the garbage arguments ppl are throwing out there really pathetic.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Depends how well they gel this year. The hope is that on top of Becton and Vera-Tucker setting up the foundation on the left side is that McGovern and Fant can become strong pieces in this new scheme. And the final guard spot should see some competition. I hope we find 2 out of 3 guys on the right/center here that can be long term pieces so we can focus on edge rush and corner in the 1st next year. 

I don't  have high hopes for either McGovern or Fant. It was also mentioned to me the Fant is horrible at run blocking. 

In the meantime,  the Post just cracked me up this morning

Gang Green adds Wiz Kid. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

When he starts producing on the field  I'll get excited about him. Anyone remember Devin Smith and Steven Hill?

What do "Devin Smith" and "Stephen Hill" have anything to do with Elijah Moore? 

Did Smith/Hill dominate the SEC like Elijah Moore did? No. 

Elijah Moore just finished 2nd in the entire Nation in both receptions and receiving yards last year 2020 with 1,193 receiving yards (only behind Devonta Smith) and 86 receptions (only behind Devonta Smith). 

You know who finished 2nd in receptions and 3rd in receiving yards within the entire Nation in 2019? Another SEC animal; Justin Jefferson. 

To compare Elijah Moore to "Stephen Hill" and "Devin Smith" shows a lack of football knowledge and tells me you don't really watch NCAA Football. 

Me? I made an entire thread focused on Elijah Moore over 4-5 months ago... 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Coles was tough, Santana had the nuts of a flea, always looking

to get out of bounds and not take a hit.  Moore is tough and strong.

He shares the ability with Jerry Rice & Stefon Diggs to keep running

after the catch, not slowing to gather himself

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Actually, FWIW, Devin Smith had way more yards and TDs in college.  He averaged over 20 yards per catch.  He did the same in two of his three seasons in the NFL.

If he wasn't  Mr. Glass he might have been a really good NFL receiver.

Devin Smith had 121 catches in 4 years. Stephen Hill had 49 catches in 3 years. That’s 170. Elijah Moore had 181 catches in 3 years. I’m not sure the point of your post here but it didn’t prove anything I said wrong. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What do "Devin Smith" and "Stephen Hill" have anything to do with Elijah Moore? 

Did Smith/Hill dominate the SEC like Elijah Moore did? No. 

Elijah Moore just finished 2nd in the entire Nation in both receptions and receiving yards last year 2020 with 1,193 receiving yards (only behind Devonta Smith) and 86 receptions (only behind Devonta Smith). 

You know who finished 2nd in receptions and 3rd in receiving yards within the entire Nation in 2019? Another SEC animal; Justin Jefferson. 

To compare Elijah Moore to "Stephen Hill" and "Devin Smith" shows a lack of football knowledge and tells me you don't really watch NCAA Football. 

Me? I made an entire thread focused on Elijah Moore over 4-5 months ago... 

They were receivers the fan base was very high on until they crashed and burned. Sort of like we are high on this kid. There was another speed demon selected last season named Ruggs. How did last year go for him?

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

They were receivers the fan base was very high on until they crashed and burned. Sort of like we are high on this kid. There was another speed demon selected last season named Ruggs. How did last year go for him?

Did Riggs rank #2 in the Nation in receptions and #2 in the entire Country in receiving yards? 

No. He didn't. 

You sound, weird. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Did Riggs rank #2 in the Nation in receptions and #2 in the entire Country in receiving yards? 

No. He didn't. 

You sound, weird. 

Nice deflection. Ruggs was the first WR taken in last year's draft. He must have done something right. 

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Well, I would have been excited if we picked a player where we actually have a need like DB or RB, even Jenkins who was projected to be a first round OL. 

Zoom out man- this pick has nothing to do with 2021. This is long term thinking and a first round stud talent who can score on any play growing something special with Zach Wilson. 

10 hours ago, nycdan said:

So question...

Are there legitimate ways to put two slots on the field at the same time?  Or would Moore have to play outside to share the field with Crowder?

Right now in late April we're trying to think of ways to fit the 4 of them on the field, but every year we seem so snakebitten with injuries at WR, I'm just thrilled for the depth with those 4 and then Cole. Unfortunately, recent history has be worried that we'll have stretches of time where all of them won't be available at the same time. How many games did we have last year where Perryman Mims and Crowder all played? 3? Maybe 4?

Maybe it's just because last year was just so bad. It was like from day 1 of training camp they started dropping like flies. 

Day 1: We're anxious to see what our additions of Perriman and Mims look like with Crowder. 

Day 2: Jeff and Vyncent Smith ?

• Upvote 1