Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms

Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms   

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ditch the current Jets uniform set for an updated version of the classic look?

• Yes - We look like a semi-pro team
    • No - Keep the current set

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

stripes.jpg

Until they repeal the one helmet rule a sticker change is the only option.  Nothing wrong with using the old 80s/90s logo.  That’s where they came up with the new stripes from anyway.  

SAR I

SAR I 

That analogy is great spot on.

joewilly12

image.png.18cf770a21f85b94b9f1fd69bb6edf6f.png

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I 

That analogy is great spot on.

joewilly12

Untitled.jpg

Thanks JW, they've been doing this since the beginning, it was in the teaser video too, just didn't catch it at the time.

The 'wing' or 'fuselage' from our 80s/90s logo has been repurposed as our shoulder stripes and leg stripes.  The jerseys, pants, wing stripe and green helmets are a nod to that 90s uniform, the helmet logo is a nod to the 68's, and the New York chest and all the fonts are a nod to the future.

I wasn't a proponent of changing the uniforms, but if we had to, I think Nike did a good job.

SAR I

I'd have been happy if they had just gone with the actual 80s or 90s unis, none of that modern update crap (after all, whenever Nike get involved in designing jerseys, the vast majority of the time, it's utter garbage), or even not bothered, and kept the classic style and gone back to the proper green, not that muddy sort of green Nike brought in.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Gibby said:

Disagree. The shiny ugly helmet is the worst part.

It’s a personal thing then I guess. 

I think the helmets could work but the uni is so bad that it makes the helmet look out of place. For me 

20 hours ago, Morrissey said:

for people who may want a 3rd option, a new design all together

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/123860-ny-jets-sack-exchange-throwback-concept/

spacer.png

Big fan of the Jets' swoosh from the 80's 90's. Far superior to what we have now. The current logo looks like they asked a not so talented middle school student from the burbs to create a jets logo using graffiti, which is a big reason why the current one sucks.

At first I liked them but the issue for me is that they are 100% tied to the Adam Gase era right now and for that reason, I cannot stand them. I liked the uniforms beforehand better to begin with though.

I imagine that once Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, and Zach Wilson turns us into a perennial contender, I may not mind them as much anymore.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Those are the helmets they should’ve gone with

usa_today_10669156.0.jpg

This is the quarterback we should have gone with.  No one should cry about a helmet when they all decided this guy wasn’t worth drafting.  They’ve all got much bigger 2018 problems than a damn helmet decal. 

SAR I

On 5/6/2021 at 7:44 PM, Morrissey said:

for people who may want a 3rd option, a new design all together

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/123860-ny-jets-sack-exchange-throwback-concept/

spacer.png

Hey thanks for reposting my work ? I'm really surprised it made it out of sportslogos but I also posted a couple reddit threads a little while ago kind of detailing my process and versioning as I went along... I actually made a minor tweak on the wordmark based on some astute feedback I received from that forum so I'm also attaching my most up to date version. I've been a little shocked that it's been received so positively so far, I was just making what I wanted to see but I guess a lot of us are on the same page! I'm actually debating if I should go and submit it to the team if anybody has any good ideas on how to go about that. Thanks and I appreciate the support!

IyzHxP.jpg

Also if you look closely at the fin it's actually a stylized jet vapor trail (nobody's noticed it on their own so far though lol)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Lets face it. 

For me personally outside of 1997 (didn't make the playoffs but loved it) 1998, 2009 and 2010 and a couple other seasons etc it was never fun watching my Jets lose in our classy uniforms.

Let Zach Wilson win us a SB in these jerseys and do what Sam couldn't do...

And these current Jersey's will go down as All Time LEGENDARY fan favorites. 

Sam. Frank Gore. Robby Anderson. Braxton Barrios. Etc may not have looked good in them. 

But Zach Wilson, Mekhi Becton, Vera-Tucker, Michael Carter, Corey Davis, Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore, Jamison Crowder and soon to be others could all look. 

Beautiful in them. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

usa_today_10669156.0.jpg
This is the quarterback we should have gone with.  No one should cry about a helmet when they all decided this guy wasn’t worth drafting.  They’ve all got much bigger 2018 problems than a damn helmet decal. 

SAR I

I remember the fanbase, crying about not drafting this kid. Like they could pick out a good QB if they tried. Still though, regardless, the uniforms are terrible in every way possible.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 5/7/2021 at 11:54 PM, Miked said:

Hey thanks for reposting my work ? I'm really surprised it made it out of sportslogos but I also posted a couple reddit threads a little while ago kind of detailing my process and versioning as I went along... I actually made a minor tweak on the wordmark based on some astute feedback I received from that forum so I'm also attaching my most up to date version. I've been a little shocked that it's been received so positively so far, I was just making what I wanted to see but I guess a lot of us are on the same page! I'm actually debating if I should go and submit it to the team if anybody has any good ideas on how to go about that. Thanks and I appreciate the support!

IyzHxP.jpg

Also if you look closely at the fin it's actually a stylized jet vapor trail (nobody's noticed it on their own so far though lol)

Do you have a white version of this helmet?

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Do you have a white version of this helmet?

I don't -- I could try a reverse version and see how it looks, maybe white with a chrome green facemask/logo kind of like the old color rush helmets. I actually was just working on some tweaks of this one today, nothing major just tightening up the spacing on the logo a bit

IhkYAk.jpg

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Don't buy the new crap sales have been really bad eventually they will get the hint. 

Sales have been bad because of the players not the design. They win… sales will sky ? 

On 5/6/2021 at 5:41 PM, Warfish said:

R2b82342181deb117c3c2b05896d1ba32?rik=Ch

Or a complete and total redesign.  Not the muh half-measure we got.

Classic 60's would be ok, I just find them boring tbqh.  Although they do look a bit like a green BYU, so maybe it'll be good for Wilson.

We definitely deserved better than what we got, although I do like the blacks but I know most of you guys hate them. I agree with this whole post. 

On 5/7/2021 at 9:56 PM, SAR I said:

usa_today_10669156.0.jpg

SAR I

He would be bagging groceries by now if we drafted him

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Sales have been bad because of the players not the design. They win… sales will sky ? 

imageproxy-php.jpg

This.

Just like MetLife Stadium where no one said a word about ticket prices or the design in 2010 or 2011.  But once we started losing, oh, just the worst stadium on the planet, boo hoo.

The new uniforms, like everything else the front office does, were a request by the fans who lobbied day and night for the fugly 80's and 90's look.  You got what you asked for.  You don't like it?  It's your fault.

Me, I think its actually very nice.  It's grown on me.  And compared to the rest of the Nike updates, ours is nice and neutral, neither too bold or too weak.  

SAR I

On 5/7/2021 at 9:28 PM, SAR I said:

Untitled.jpg

Thanks JW, they've been doing this since the beginning, it was in the teaser video too, just didn't catch it at the time.

The 'wing' or 'fuselage' from our 80s/90s logo has been repurposed as our shoulder stripes and leg stripes.  The jerseys, pants, wing stripe and green helmets are a nod to that 90s uniform, the helmet logo is a nod to the 68's, and the New York chest and all the fonts are a nod to the future.

I wasn't a proponent of changing the uniforms, but if we had to, I think Nike did a good job.

SAR I

This is awesome so our current trash uniforms incorporate the other uniforms that gave us the most misery as Jets fans.

Why not make our next logo Gastineau spearing Bernie Kozar?

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

This is awesome so our current trash uniforms incorporate the other uniforms that gave us the most misery as Jets fans.

Why not make our next logo Gastineau spearing Bernie Kozar?

samesame.jpg

Exactly.  Why so many Jets fans lobbied for the 90's look is beyond me as it represented the worst of our franchise's history.  Parcells knew what he was doing when we went back to the 68's.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

samesame.jpg

Exactly.  Why so many Jets fans lobbied for the 90's look is beyond me as it represented the worst of our franchise's history.  Parcells knew what he was doing when we went back to the 68's.

SAR I

Because people would be nostalgic for Cholera if it were a sports team.

44 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Not true entirely. 

Jamal Adams was a superstar playmaker here his new design jersey didn't sell. 

NY Jets fans flock to QB jerseys Sam Darnold was the future franchise QB his new design jersey didn't sell. 

Many just don't like it and won't buy it. 

• Upvote 1