Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms

Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms   

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ditch the current Jets uniform set for an updated version of the classic look?

• Yes - We look like a semi-pro team
    • No - Keep the current set

I don't know why people feel compelled to fix what's not broken. The Jets had the cleanest, snappiest, old school uniforms in the league. I'm sure the thinking behind the new abominations was new Jets, New Era, new identity blah blah blah. 

How Jetsesque is it that it sucks hard.  Old logo and burn the GREEN PANTS on a pyre no matter what, please. I'd even be down for the 80s logo over the current garbage. It is just fckn AWFUL. Andes Mints or After Eight with people in the wrappers. Jesus H.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I don't know why people feel compelled to fix what's not broken. The Jets had the cleanest, snappiest, old school uniforms in the league. I'm sure the thinking behind the new abominations was new Jets, New Era, new identity blah blah blah. 

How Jetsesque is it that it sucks hard.  Old logo and burn the GREEN PANTS on a pyre no matter what, please. I'd even be down for the late 80s logo over the current garbage. It is just fckn AWFUL. Andes Mints or After Eight with people in the wrappers. Jesus H.

Never been a fan of green pants, even in the 98's.

Our uni's that are more dominant in white have always looked better than green in my opinion. 

Voted ‘No’, as I wouldn’t want to go back to the prior classic/original version.  

I would, however, love an updated version of the 80’s set.  That’s what I grew up with and it is the $@!#

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I think the problem with the old uniforms is that they morph'd over time . . . they lost the bright shade of green which turned more into a forest green and secondly, the striping pattern changed most likely due to the template.  With that in mind, I was welcoming a change when we made it a few years back . . . that is until I saw it unveiled.  Talk about lack of imagination, especially the logo.  I would think designers could have a field day with the name Jets and all they did was spell-out the name with a football in front of it.  Come on.  A kid could have designed that in about 5 minutes and they spent years on it.  I think there are many teams that have successfully rebranded themselves but clearly this was a fail.  Only thing I like is the metallic treatment of the green helmet.

I would go with a white helmet (metal flake treatment) with a new logo in the shade of green that was used on the color rush helmets with some type of jet.  Keep the black as an accent color and maybe some silver (see Dallas Stars color palette - they have some very clean looking uniforms whose colors would be a fresh update for the Jets).  Also don't mind a black alternate.

We've got bright days ahead and with so much new, let's make it happen.  Come on owners . . . do it.

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

samesame.jpg

2018:  “Give us our 80’s look!”

2021:  “We hate them!”

SAR I

1. Classic look is not the 80's look and most Jets fans I talk to want an updated version of classic Namath/1998 uniforms.

2. Those uniforms look nothing alike and are both hideous.

• Upvote 3

I might be the only guy here who really doesn't get too fired up about uniform changes.  Single stripes vs. double stripes?  Black face mask vs. white?  Meh... not a huge deal to me.  I liked the old ones.  I like the new ones.  I mean, it's the year 2021... we don't have flying cars yet but what's the problem with modernizing the uniform?  Personally, I think the Jets helmet is great.  A bit of blend between old and new.

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

Trust me, the new uniforms will look a whole lot better when the Jets are winning in them.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, Jayzcat said:

I think the problem with the old uniforms is that they morph'd over time .

Many NFL teams uniforms  remained traditional. 

This new version is the worst seller in NY Jets history. 

I know not having decent players worth buying a jersey plays a part but so does the color, style and design. 

• Upvote 1

I made better original Unis on Madden 2005! But I just ate sushi and I don't care.

The new uniforms suck and they've actually sucked for about a decade. The helmet is cool but the logo and the design are totally unimaginative. It almost looks like they spent so much time on it that they got tired and burnt out.

Speaking of burnouts, I could get a few Stoned guys over here and make great uniforms in about 5 minutes.

For now back to my hot green tea and miso soup

2 hours ago, Grandy said:

Never been a fan of green pants, even in the 98's.

Our uni's that are more dominant in white have always looked better than green in my opinion. 

I said late 80s earlier. Typo, I meant late 70s; so I just changed it to flat out 80s (because that's the association a lot of fans make) even though we had them until Fat Parcells who gave me nothing except the old logo.

The green pants add insult to whatever injury the Jets are giving me, which is usually a kick in throat or a kick in the crotch. Any given Sunday! : /

• Upvote 2

I love the helmets.  Huge upgrade from a white helmet like half the league.

I'm indifferent non the green tops, bit the white tops with green pants are awesome.

Even if I actually didn't like them, I would still find a way to say I did because so many people want the old ones, which Jets fans think are classic  but no one else makes that association or holds them in any sort of regard.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I might be the only guy here who really doesn't get too fired up about uniform changes.  Single stripes vs. double stripes?  Black face mask vs. white?  Meh... not a huge deal to me.  I liked the old ones.  I like the new ones.  I mean, it's the year 2021... we don't have flying cars yet but what's the problem with modernizing the uniform?  Personally, I think the Jets helmet is great.  A bit of blend between old and new.

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

Trust me, the new uniforms will look a whole lot better when the Jets are winning in them.

Agreed as far as DETAILS details go. Also agreed that a burlap sack or a Hefty bag hardly matters when you win, but COME ON! This . . . 

nosvmaaqo2jizfzzajyx

vs. this . . . 

jets-1024x511.jpg

It made losing far, far worse. Coupled with all of hype for a pile of sh it, I still feel embarrassed over something that has nothing to do with me. Maybe it's a form of survivor's guilt.

• Upvote 1

#1, the “Gotham green” colour is a complete knock-off from Irish spring soap. Someone must had an epiphany while showering.

141F76B9-6AEF-4981-8336-1D96DA7625B7.jpeg.285d879c61cfc9569d02263f554cca0b.jpeg

#2, the unis are a sad excuse of a copy of the Saskatchewan rough riders uniform sask.thumb.jpeg.13df51f3493f7e9bc3e9f1d2acd169bd.jpeg

I can’t believe they haven’t been sued as of yet.

Woody, do something useful and right this wrong that your brother did.

• Upvote 1

I get the disdain for the new unis but do people get that the Johnsons, Chris and Woody, are the ones that signed off on them?  They obviously like them.  Don't count on any changes anytime soon.  The previous design was around for 20 years!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

1. Classic look is not the 80's look and most Jets fans I talk to want an updated version of classic Namath/1998 uniforms.

2. Those uniforms look nothing alike and are both hideous.

The majority (and I mean the majority) of people back in 2018 were begging the Jets for an update to the 80's look right down to the green helmets and black number accents.

They got what they wished for.

SAR I