Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms

Bring Back Classic Jets Uniforms   

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ditch the current Jets uniform set for an updated version of the classic look?

• Yes - We look like a semi-pro team
    • No - Keep the current set

On 5/6/2021 at 6:35 PM, adobolo2 said:

I would absolutely love to get rid of the current hideous uniforms we have, hated them from the moment they were released. I'd even go as far as saying the colour rush ones we had a few years ago are way better then the current ones and I hated them.

2E65968F00000578-3317271-image-m-16_1447429361694.jpg

The Color rush kits and under rated .....

Never understood the hate for Color rush

• Upvote 2

On 5/6/2021 at 5:58 PM, JetsFanatic said:

No matter what uniform the Jets are wearing there is a thread to change them. Trust me if they start winning, these uniforms will look fine.

The old uniforms looked good even when they lost. If winning will make these new horrible looking things look good then imagine what it would make the old ones look like.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Not true entirely. 

Jamal Adams was a superstar playmaker here his new design jersey didn't sell. 

NY Jets fans flock to QB jerseys Sam Darnold was the future franchise QB his new design jersey didn't sell. 

Many just don't like it and won't buy it. 

He was a top 5 jersey as a rookie QB and then sucked… 

Watch how well the rookies jerseys do this year. All is well.

43 minutes ago, jgb said:

His rookie year was the old uni

Yes and my point was there was no reason to buy one after that… Jersey design didn’t matter.

The Wilson Jersey will also be a top seller, people buy rookie QB jerseys and this design won’t stop that.

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Yes and my point was there was no reason to buy one after that… Jersey design didn’t matter.

The Wilson Jersey will also be a top seller, people buy rookie QB jerseys and this design won’t stop that.

Top seller for Jets unis sure

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

I would say our current uniforms look like crap. But now that I'm 50, I appreciate a good crap.

Couple years they’ll return to classics using the new shade of green, call it “our rich history meets our bright future” and watch the money roll in.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ECURB said:

I mean… he is in the top of sales list every year so this is just false

What exactly is the debate here? I lost the plot because you keep changing your position. Darnold’s “top sales” jersey was the old uni. Says nothing whatsoever about how atrocious the new ones are.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

What exactly is the debate here? I lost the plot because you keep changing your position. Darnold’s “top sales” jersey was the old uni. Says nothing whatsoever about how atrocious the new ones are.

The New Jersey didn’t sell poorly because of design… it was because the team sucks

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Barton said:

The best jerseys are the most simple of designs.

Jets design right now is too much - the angular stripes, goofy helmet, "gotham green". Just terrible. 

streipes.jpg

Our current uniforms are a lot less busy and more simple than the ones we had prior.  Shoulder / Helmet / Shoulder looked like a 9-lane highway.

SAR I

On 5/16/2021 at 12:25 PM, Sonny Werblin said:

Nothing better than the Jets Classic Uniforms white on white with white face mask. I just wish the NFL would dump their arcane uniform rules and and let teams mix it up from week to week like the college teams do. 

jamalwhiteboth.jpg

While I agree that the all-white's are our best look, ever, we live in a world where we've got modern uniforms.  They look good.  Certainly better than 75% of the Nike uniforms other teams are using.

All we are saying, is give them a chance.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

jamalwhiteboth.jpg

While I agree that the all-white's are our best look, ever, we live in a world where we've got modern uniforms.  They look good.  Certainly better than 75% of the Nike uniforms other teams are using.

All we are saying, is give them a chance.

SAR I

I don't like the idea that the NFL can not get with the times and simply allow teams to change it up from week to week if they want.  

28 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don't like the idea that the NFL can not get with the times and simply allow teams to change it up from week to week if they want.  

jamalhybrid.jpg

Concussions.

That's why the NFL mandated the one-helmet rule circa 2013.  There is a rumor that the league will follow the NCAA's lead-  they have multiple helmets in multiple colors and statistically no increase/decrease in concussion rate-  but that's just a rumor.

That said, this isn't bad.  We can have our '68/'17 jerseys and pants with the '19 green helmet.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

The new uniform is fine.  Clean, modern, not over the top.  It's essentially an updated version of the 80's uniform.

I'm not a fan of the NEW YORK across the chest.  I wasn't a big fan of the logo on the helmet, but it has grown on me.

Have you seen some of the other trash Nike has been producing for other teams?  The Jets got lucky all things considered.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1