Jets @ Falcons in London: Confirmed October 10th

27 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe I'll cook me a traditional English breakfast for the game.  Some fried eggs, bangers, bacon, baked beans(wtf is wrong with you Brits) tomatoes slices and a nip of tea!

My breakfast that morning will be a burger and fries in Dublin Airport's Burger King.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Meh ill be debbie downer here.

NFL in London is dumb and does a disservice to any team that has to play there.

Proceed to ratio me.

You're entitled to your opinions.  No one should neg rep you just for that post tbqh, even if they disagree.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Go Full Scottish Breakfast.  It's just better.  I can teach you how to make the Tattie Scones, they're the best part.

Finding Black and White Pudding might be a challenge tho, depending on where you live.

the-wheelhouse.jpg

Love a tattie scone. Got to be Stornoway black pudding, and a good quality Haggis slice too. I'd remove the beans, but maybe that's just me.

Just realised the game is the same day as my son's 10th birthday. He's not really a football fan, so this is going to require some serious creative bribery on my part.

Trip down to London, Jets game on his birthday, but then a two-day visit to Legoland Windsor (which he loves) on the Monday and Tuesday, with unlimited souvenir privileges, is my opening bid.

Wish me luck.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's all fun and games until Woody starts thinking how nice it would be to move back to London and take his team with him.

Even Woody's not that dumb. The Jets are a money-making machine for Woody. He would be seriously limiting his earning potential in the UK where NFL football remains very much a minority interest.

11 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Love a tattie scone. Got to be Stornoway black pudding, and a good quality Haggis slice too. I'd remove the beans, but maybe that's just me.

Can't get good Haggis in the U.S., basically doesn't exist and you can't import it.

I just wait till I'm in Scotland and eat it there.  A special treat when I'm back home (rare tho that may be).

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, Bart07 said:

As a Jets fan based just outside of London I cannot wait for this! Just hope I get tickets as I'm guessing there will be limited capacity still in October in England. Can't wait to see our new franchise QB in person!

Is there StubHub in the UK? Where does one go to get tickets on the aftermarket?

SAR I

58 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Thats great and all, but it still is really dumb for teams to have to travel so far to play during a grueling season.

Ill compromise, a couple games a year fine, but to put a team there, which is where they are trying to take this, is a joke. 

2.9k miles NY to SF

3.46k miles NY to London

So it's a bit further, but not by all that much.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Bart07 said:

As a Jets fan based just outside of London I cannot wait for this! Just hope I get tickets as I'm guessing there will be limited capacity still in October in England :(. Can't wait to see our new franchise QB in person!

i can’t envisage Goodell would bring two teams over, to play in a limited capacity stadium.

More than certain it will be 100%, get registered on the NFLUK site and the rest is easy.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Expected, but disappointing for those of us who can't make London but wanted to go to Atlanta.

To everything turn, turn, turn
There is a season turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven

A time to be play in Atlanta, a time to play in London.....

29 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I imagine this means we won't have to go again for a number of years so good.  Put Zach on the big stage. It's an away game either way. Get it over with.  

After 2021 the league is moving to a rota basis rather than now which is more a "voluntary" basis. I'd guess that the 2021 teams will be "excused" till later in that rota, so maybe 2024 / 2025 (so after we win the Superbowl :-) )

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Is there StubHub in the UK? Where does one go to get tickets on the aftermarket?

SAR I

I've already notified MI5 to be on the lookout for a rusty used BMW driving round London, mate.

May want to just stay home for this one.  

• Haha 2

Just now, jamesr said:

After 2021 the league is moving to a rota basis rather than now which is more a "voluntary" basis. I'd guess that the 2021 teams will be "excused" till later in that rota, so maybe 2024 / 2025 (so after we win the Superbowl :-) )

Yeah, I think it's that every team has to host an international game (could be London, Mexico or wherever else they expand to) once every 8 years. So the Jets will be back over (at least) once more before the decade is out. 

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

2.9k miles NY to SF

3.46k miles NY to London

So it's a bit further, but not by all that much.

Yeah, it's not really that big of a deal. Although in 2019, i think every team that played in London returned, had a bye, and still lost, But it's hard to imagine the extra couple of hours of flight time messed these players up for 2 weeks. It's more likely these teams were just not that good to begin with. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, British Jet said:

Let’s ******* go!

If anyone needs a tour guide over here, hit me up. 

Absolutely ******* buzzing. 

What’s the restriction/curfew situation in London? Are things improving? 

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Restrictions increasingly being lifted. Case numbers way down, vaccinations going well. Most UK adults will have been vaccinated by the Summer. Pretty much everything should be opened up by the time the game comes around.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Improving quite a lot ... by 21st June we should be out of current restrictions, but it's not clear yet what the situation will be regarding sports venues and capacity etc.

At a guess they'll only pre-sell a smaller amount of tickets now, then open up more later in the year depending on how things go.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

We have around 30% of the population fully vaccinated (with over half the population having had their first doses) and that is largely those at risk, we're now into the group of anyone aged 40 and over, but it started with the elderly and vunerable.

Sporting events have started allowing up to 10,000 fans in attendance with the idea that over the Summer months there will be more events and concerts and shows etc.

COVID deaths have been the single figures per day recently which proves vaccination is working. We expect to "open up" as a country mid-June as the younger generations get their chance at the vaccine too.

By October we'll be fine.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I've already notified MI5 to be on the lookout for a rusty used BMW driving round London, mate.

May want to just stay home for this one.  

I'm going!  Pulling my son out of school on Thursday to fly, going to sightsee on Friday and Saturday, hit the game on Sunday, fly home Monday.

You in?  You seem like a Sheppard's Pie kinda guy to me.  I'm buying.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I'm going!  Pulling my son out of school on Thursday to fly, going to sightsee on Friday and Saturday, hit the game on Sunday, fly home Monday.

You in?  You seem like a Sheppard's Pie kinda guy to me.  I'm buying.

SAR I

Shepherd's Pie :-) 

• Haha 1