Jets Cut RB Pete Guerriero

9 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Claimed this guy off waivers

Niners practice squad last year.  Routine NFL bottom of the roster churn.  Out goes Guerriero in comes Walter.  Camp body who knows the system.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

Wow. 1 of the 3 veterans at rookie mini camp last week cut 

Austin Walter, Running back — 5-6 7/8, 194

At one point the national leader in All-Purpose yardage, Walter became one of the Owls’ most versatile weapons on offense in 2019. He raised some eyebrows with a 4.49 40-yard dash time at the NFL Regional Combine in mid-March.

Vertical 31
Broad 89
Bench 15

Workout notes

Walter had a few hiccups on his starts in the 40-yard dash and shuttle drills. Once he settled in he posted times of 4.54 in the 40 and 6.75 in the three cone drill. The pass catching drills are where he shined the brightest, including a nice acrobatic catch on a ball throw with a bit too much juice over the middle. He hauled in everything and moved quickly in the agility drills.

12 hours ago, Lith said:

Not exactly the athleitc profile we saw during the draft.

image.jpeg.ae5a433050e85463c1005a2782ec5ac2.jpeg

I think this guy is why you have to be careful with these grades.  Not that I don't use them all the time. The site with the "player profiler" has his speed score and burst score as mid-range to pitiful, but if you look at his actual speed and agility numbers they are pretty good.  I think that they grade out as terrible because of his lack of size, which I am pretty sure is a factor.   

Basically, he is tiny and he jumped like crap.  He wasn't fast enough to make up for that and get drafted.  He supposedly ran faster at the Regional combine (4.49) and these guy should have an idea what he brings.  He is considered a very good receiver and presumably specials  He had 1 catch for 27 yards and 40+ special team snaps for the Niners