*** Around the League ***

nycdan

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Pats send Sony Michel to Rams for a 5 and conditional 6.  Love it -- the guy scored in OT to win the best game I have ever seen live (Rose Bowl 2018) and now I can at least root for the guy again.

I freaking loved this kid coming out of your Georgia program and as an FSU fan his game against the Gators was one I've never forgotten you guys demolished Florida.  

N.E got fleeced and embarrassed during this trade. 

Sony Michel was a former 1st round pick of theirs with two 900+ yard seasons and they settled for 5th-6th round picks?

If that's not getting bent over during an NFL trade well then I'm not sure what is.

Bill Belichick is absolutely losing his mind without Tom Brady...

Screenshot_20210825-095752_Chrome.thumb.jpg.84101700274e093064fcec1e386bf0a0.jpg

My dude from FSU Cam Akers will return from injury next season and 2022 those Rams will feature a monster backfield. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I freaking loved this kid coming out of your Georgia program and as an FSU fan his game against the Gators was one I've never forgotten you guys demolished Florida.  

N.E got fleeced and embarrassed during this trade. 

Sony Michel was a former 1st round pick of theirs with two 900+ yard seasons and they settled for 5th-6th round picks?

If that's not getting bent over during an NFL trade well then I'm not sure what is.

Bill Belichick is absolutely losing his mind without Tom Brady...

Screenshot_20210825-095752_Chrome.thumb.jpg.84101700274e093064fcec1e386bf0a0.jpg

My dude from FSU Cam Akers will return from injury next season and 2022 those Rams will feature a monster backfield. 

He was burried on the depth chart and doesn't play special teams.  He might have been cut outright.  Good potential deal for LA if he can stay on the field.  

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He was burried on the depth chart and doesn't play special teams.  He might have been cut outright.  Good potential deal for LA if he can stay on the field.  

He has not been buried on N.E's depth chart. 

He's played 3 seasons for N.E and has 2 years of 900+ rushing yards. 

And that kid has destroyed us over the years and not from the bench either. 

1st round pick turned into a 5th/6th = N.E failed big time. 

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Pats aren't basing their depth chart on players that destroyed the Jets the last 3 years.  He has never lived up to his draft position and he was invisible last year.  He was third on the depth chart this year.  He's a nice power back who doesn't play special teams and dishes out more punishment to himself than to oppossing teams D.  The fact that you loved him in college means nothing. 

N.E loved him more than me coming out of college. Which is why they used a 1st round pick on him. 

And he did live up to his draft position during 2018/2019 combined he rushed for 1,843 rushing yards, 14 TDs and led N.E to win a SB throughout the entire playoffs. 

Screenshot_20210825-104249_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6e9fc56ad68607392fc6d002a2a448c7.jpg

N.E just got fleeced.  

44 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Because Dalton sucks and the long term interest of the team is in playing and developing fields, while Nagy needs to win now? 

Developing Rogers and Mahommes and Brady and etc etc by not starting them day one just ruined them.

Fields is not ready to start and it won;t hurt him a bit to sit at least a number of games. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

N.E loved him more than me coming out of college. Which is why they used a 1st round pick on him. 

And he did live up to his draft position during 2018/2019 combined he rushed for 1,843 rushing yards, 14 TDs and led N.E to win a SB throughout the entire playoffs. 

Screenshot_20210825-104249_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6e9fc56ad68607392fc6d002a2a448c7.jpg

N.E just got fleeced.  

You do realize were going into the 2021 season?  He was 68th in rushing yards in 2020. 

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You do realize were going into the 2021 season?  He was 68th in rushing yards in 2020. 

Yes because unlike you I realize he was injured throughout an entire covid-19 tainted 2020 season and unlike you I also understand why as a physical RB he had an off year; it's called injury (and this is Football. Injuries happen to everyone). 

2020 season:

"Michel was placed on the active/physically unable to perform list at the start of training camp on August 2, 2020.[50] He was activated from the list on August 26.[51] In Week 3, Michel recorded 140 scrimmage yards (117 rushing, 23 receiving) in the 36–20 victory over the Las Vegas Raiders.[52] He was placed on injured reserve on October 5, 2020, with a quadriceps injury.[53] He was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the Patriots on October 17, 2020,[54] and removed from the list back to injured reserve on October 31.[55] He was activated off of injured reserve on November 21, 2020.[56] In Week 17 against the New York Jets, Michel carried the ball 16 times for 76 yards, and caught 3 passes for 60 yards and his first career receiving touchdown during the 28–14 win.[57] Overall, Michel finished the 2020 season with 449 rushing yards and one touchdown, along with 7 receptions for 114 yards and one touchdown".

I'm done with this Sony Michel talk with you just know that A.) He led N.E to a SB win by dominating the playoffs and SB 2019 and B.) The Rams loved him so much they just traded multiple draft picks for him and C.) Fleeced N.E while doing so.

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Developing Rogers and Mahommes and Brady and etc etc by not starting them day one just ruined them.

Fields is not ready to start and it won;t hurt him a bit to sit at least a number of games. 

Are you really suggesting that Andy Dalton is remotely comfortable to Brett Favre, Drew Bledsoe, or Alex Smith?

Apparently the Bills are one of the least vaccinated teams in the league and have 5 players out as close contacts including Cole Beasely, Isiah McKensie which 2 of their top 4 receivers. 

These players are all subject to increased discipline as they didn't follow protocols for being unvaccinated while at the team facility which possibly includes a 4 game suspension. 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/26/buffalo-bills-isaiah-mckenzie-cole-beasley-fined-breaking-covid-19-mask-protocol-nfl/

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Apparently the Bills are one of the least vaccinated teams in the league and have 5 players out as close contacts including Cole Beasely, Isiah McKensie which 2 of their top 4 receivers. 

These players are all subject to increased discipline as they didn't follow protocols for being unvaccinated while at the team facility which possibly includes a 4 game suspension. 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/26/buffalo-bills-isaiah-mckenzie-cole-beasley-fined-breaking-covid-19-mask-protocol-nfl/

Cole Beasley has been shooting off about his vaccine opinions to anyone that will listen so this is hardly going to generate a lot of sympathy for him at least.  He's productive but basically he's a Jamison Crowder clone.  Is he really worth the trouble to BUF considering the risk of him being unavailable and possibly bringing down teammates as well?  Seems like a very replaceable part.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Cole Beasley has been shooting off about his vaccine opinions to anyone that will listen so this is hardly going to generate a lot of sympathy for him at least.  He's productive but basically he's a Jamison Crowder clone.  Is he really worth the trouble to BUF considering the risk of him being unavailable and possibly bringing down teammates as well?  Seems like a very replaceable part.

yea, for a team I keep hearing is 'all about winning a superbowl' they seem to have a lot of players not committed to it. Vaccinations haven't been a storyline with the Jets, Dolphins or Patriots. Bills players MADE it one for their team. Doesn't scream commitment to me. 

• Upvote 3

yea, for a team I keep hearing is 'all about winning a superbowl' they seem to have a lot of players not committed to it. Vaccinations haven't been a storyline with the Jets, Dolphins or Patriots. Bills players MADE it one for their team. Doesn't scream commitment to me. 
Some people just dont want to have no choice or say about what gets injected into their bodies ... my guess is that is where Beasly is coming from.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders who lost two lbs for good part of the season . Traded a late 6th rounder for a seventh and lb Denzel Perryman.  Knows Gus Bradley defense like the back of his hand.    

Denzel Perryman is a former 2nd round bust of 2015 and turns 30 next year but isn't absolute crap and is at least worth taking a flyer on. 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Denzel Perryman is a former 2nd round bust of 2015 and turns 30 next year but isn't absolute crap and is at least worth taking a flyer on. 

It just occurred to me that DWC and Raideraholic are actually probably twins separated at birth.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It just occurred to me that DWC and Raideraholic are actually probably twins separated at birth.

No dude.

I don't post on a Raiders message board preaching Jets awesomeness.

And I'm also an honest Jets fan in terms of my team assessments.  

• In 2008 I was voted as TGGs homer of the year. Because I seen something special in our players and rocked that degrading award with honor. 

• and heading into 2009 during the offseason (here on JN) I was screaming top 5 Defense and the playoffs under a Rookie Sanchez and 1st year HC but Jets fans wanted to HAHA laugh at me and all the way into back to back AFC Championship Games; instead of just believing me (look at my username, those were my favorite two years of All-time).

• I also hated 2011's offseason and predicted doom and gloom for our Offense because of it.  

• Last year 2020 after letting Robby Anderson walk, trading Jamal Adams and C.J. Mosley sitting out along with Adam Gase I predicted (word for word) a "3-13 record with potential for a 1-15 Rich Kotite type of 1996 disaster" and we split in the middle and finished 2-14. 

@nycdanI don't appreciate you comparing me to @Raideraholic

And I'm telling you right now. With a 1st year HC and a Rookie QB our Jets are making the playoffs behind a monster O-Line, a top 5 Run Game and a top 5 Defense under coach Saleh.  

And unlike @RaideraholicI'll be correct.

48 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Some people just dont want to have no choice or say about what gets injected into their bodies ... my guess is that is where Beasly is coming from.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

To be clear, he was supposed to be wearing a mask in the team facility (he agreed to do this) and didn't.  It did not involve the vaccine itself. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

On 8/25/2021 at 7:55 AM, Beerfish said:

This is a true statement. And when I watch Fields I see a guy that can likely benefit from that year of development. But it is not the only way. Some are ready to start. Zach seems to be in that category. Forget about all of Zach's passing so far, as a rookie he has not been responsible for a fumble, a time out because of breaking the huddle late or not understanding how the team lines up and his teammates LOVE him. You expect those things with a rookie but he seems completely in control. If we had a veteran QB sitting Zach for a year would not be the worst thing ever, but I think starting him right away is the right move. Fields to my eye looks to need the time, maybe at least a few games

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The #Ravens are close on a trade of fifth-round pick CB Shaun Wade, the former Ohio State standout, to the #Patriots, sources. A high-ceiling player likely added to New England’s secondary.

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL

Panthers trade conditional seventh-round draft pick to Giants for kicker Ryan Santoso