*** Around the League ***

nycdan

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Uh oh, I can see @Mogglez scolding quite a few people in this thread. 

You can blame me for that one.  I just thought follks would be amused by Lawrence/Darnold struggles today when I came across them while proivding the Jet updates.  Didn't expect to start up any kind of controversy.

Just now, chirorob said:

5-12 weeks is a HUGE spread for recovery.

Agreed.  If it is 5-6 weeks, then maybe the Colts give Jacob Eason a couple of starts.  If it is closer to 12 weeks, then I could see them going after Foles.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

You can blame me for that one.  I just thought follks would be amused by Lawrence/Darnold struggles today when I came across them while proivding the Jet updates.  Didn't expect to start up any kind of controversy.

Oh no, not me. I'll be deferring that to Mr. Mogglez. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Nahhh, you’re fine Lith.  I have no problem keeping tabs.  Zach and Lawrence are gonna be compared their entire careers and Sam’s play this season will directly impact our 2022 draft.  I think laughing about them having a single bad day, while Zach is having one himself and people are trying to spin it otherwise, is a bad look.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Blessing in disguise for the Colts.  Wentz is an awful qb.

Will be interesting to see who will be qbing the colts when we play them on Nov. 4th.

Yup. We’re a Jets Colts household. I’m thinking about going to that one.

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nahhh, you’re fine Lith.  I have no problem keeping tabs.  Zach and Lawrence are gonna be compared their entire careers and Sam’s play this season will directly impact our 2022 draft.  I think laughing about them having a single bad day, while Zach is having one himself and people are trying to spin it otherwise, is a bad look.

It is, but who cares? It’s knee jerk behavior for the have-nots. 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It is, but who cares? It’s knee jerk behavior for the have-nots. 

I guess.  Like I said, just think it’s a bad look is all  ??‍♂️.  Especially because I am personally of the opinion that Sam is going to have a decent year, maybe even better than Zach.  I also still believe Lawrence is the better QB prospect.  We’ll see though.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

In order to keep the camp thread about the Jets, we can post random stuff on other teams here.  I'll kick it off.  The big concern with Devonta Smith was that his slender frame might not stand up to NFL action.  Well it has already begun...

Nice make this the ***official 2021 NFL training camp thread*** (minus the NY Jets) 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I guess.  Like I said, just think it’s a bad look is all  ??‍♂️.  Especially because I am personally of the opinion that Sam is going to have a decent year, maybe even better than Zach.  I also still believe Lawrence is the better QB prospect.  We’ll see though.

I agree on all accounts.

• Upvote 3

They laughed when they drafted him  at pick 17 Alex letterwood .   They will laugh no more as Tom Cable (/one best offense line coaches) been his guy for sometime.  J Simpson last year rookie seems destined to be very good guard who will be backup  as they have their guards already.( he can step in day one if  one guards go down..   Rebuilt their offense line as it really young , and will be strength of the team again.   https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-first-round-pick-making-all-the-right-moves-in-camp-2410985/

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

They laughed when they drafted him  at pick 17 Alex letterwood .   They will laugh no more as Tom Cable (/one best offense line coaches) been his guy for sometime.  J Simpson last year rookie seems destined to be very good guard who will be backup  as they have their guards already.( he can step in day one if  one guards go down..   Rebuilt their offense line as it really young , and will be strength of the team again.   https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-first-round-pick-making-all-the-right-moves-in-camp-2410985/

So 9-8 or 8-9? 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I guess Hollywood Brown is hurt too. Most of the league-we’d tidbits are more for fantasy football than anything else. Wentz being hurt could open doors in the AFCS.

Titans were winning that division even before the injury.

• Upvote 1