Jump to content

*** Around the League ***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a fun little clip of Jadaveon Clowney at Browns' camp.  Watch it all.    

Do you just copy and paste these posts and just change the names every year?   

Posted Images

I guess Hollywood Brown is hurt too. Most of the league-we’d tidbits are more for fantasy football than anything else. Wentz being hurt could open doors in the AFCS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This sucks

Carson Wentz (foot) will undergo surgery, out 5-12 weeks

Blessing in disguise for the Colts.  Wentz is an awful qb.

Will be interesting to see who will be qbing the colts when we play them on Nov. 4th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Uh oh, I can see @Mogglez scolding quite a few people in this thread. 

You can blame me for that one.  I just thought follks would be amused by Lawrence/Darnold struggles today when I came across them while proivding the Jet updates.  Didn't expect to start up any kind of controversy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Don't you just know that a Wentz-Foles reunion is only a matter of time -- especially if Wentz recovery is closer to 12 weeks.

 

5-12 weeks is a HUGE spread for recovery.

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chirorob said:

5-12 weeks is a HUGE spread for recovery.

 

Agreed.  If it is 5-6 weeks, then maybe the Colts give Jacob Eason a couple of starts.  If it is closer to 12 weeks, then I could see them going after Foles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lith said:

You can blame me for that one.  I just thought follks would be amused by Lawrence/Darnold struggles today when I came across them while proivding the Jet updates.  Didn't expect to start up any kind of controversy.

Oh no, not me. I'll be deferring that to Mr. Mogglez. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lith said:

You can blame me for that one.  I just thought follks would be amused by Lawrence/Darnold struggles today when I came across them while proivding the Jet updates.  Didn't expect to start up any kind of controversy.

Nahhh, you’re fine Lith.  I have no problem keeping tabs.  Zach and Lawrence are gonna be compared their entire careers and Sam’s play this season will directly impact our 2022 draft.  I think laughing about them having a single bad day, while Zach is having one himself and people are trying to spin it otherwise, is a bad look.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Blessing in disguise for the Colts.  Wentz is an awful qb.

Will be interesting to see who will be qbing the colts when we play them on Nov. 4th.

Yup. We’re a Jets Colts household. I’m thinking about going to that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nahhh, you’re fine Lith.  I have no problem keeping tabs.  Zach and Lawrence are gonna be compared their entire careers and Sam’s play this season will directly impact our 2022 draft.  I think laughing about them having a single bad day, while Zach is having one himself and people are trying to spin it otherwise, is a bad look.

It is, but who cares? It’s knee jerk behavior for the have-nots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It is, but who cares? It’s knee jerk behavior for the have-nots. 

I guess.  Like I said, just think it’s a bad look is all  🤷🏻‍♂️.  Especially because I am personally of the opinion that Sam is going to have a decent year, maybe even better than Zach.  I also still believe Lawrence is the better QB prospect.  We’ll see though.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nycdan said:

In order to keep the camp thread about the Jets, we can post random stuff on other teams here.  I'll kick it off.  The big concern with Devonta Smith was that his slender frame might not stand up to NFL action.  Well it has already begun...

Nice make this the ***official 2021 NFL training camp thread*** (minus the NY Jets) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • nycdan changed the title to *** Around the League ***
7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I guess.  Like I said, just think it’s a bad look is all  🤷🏻‍♂️.  Especially because I am personally of the opinion that Sam is going to have a decent year, maybe even better than Zach.  I also still believe Lawrence is the better QB prospect.  We’ll see though.

I agree on all accounts.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

They laughed when they drafted him  at pick 17 Alex letterwood .   They will laugh no more as Tom Cable (/one best offense line coaches) been his guy for sometime.  J Simpson last year rookie seems destined to be very good guard who will be backup  as they have their guards already.( he can step in day one if  one guards go down..   Rebuilt their offense line as it really young , and will be strength of the team again.   https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-first-round-pick-making-all-the-right-moves-in-camp-2410985/

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

They laughed when they drafted him  at pick 17 Alex letterwood .   They will laugh no more as Tom Cable (/one best offense line coaches) been his guy for sometime.  J Simpson last year rookie seems destined to be very good guard who will be backup  as they have their guards already.( he can step in day one if  one guards go down..   Rebuilt their offense line as it really young , and will be strength of the team again.   https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-first-round-pick-making-all-the-right-moves-in-camp-2410985/

So 9-8 or 8-9? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I guess Hollywood Brown is hurt too. Most of the league-we’d tidbits are more for fantasy football than anything else. Wentz being hurt could open doors in the AFCS.

Titans were winning that division even before the injury.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chirorob said:

5-12 weeks is a HUGE spread for recovery.

 

It’s probably a 5 week recovery. The spread of 7 weeks is due to the Wentz. He may injury himself a couple more times during rehab.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...