*** Around the League ***

nycdan

15 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Why don’t you ever hear about the competition Lance played against?  It’s such a big narrative with Wilson.  Lance is going to be a bust.  My early prediction 

What competition?  The dude hardly played any college football games.

Raiders released CB Rasul Douglas.

Douglas appeared in 14 games for the Panthers last year, 11 of which were starts. He defended nine passes logged a career-high 62 tackles. After signing with Las Vegas, Douglas was expected to open the year as their primary nickel cornerback. The Raiders have spent numerous draft picks on cornerbacks in recent years, so their decision to move on from Douglas reflects well on their younger options at the position. They also released offensive guard Parker Ehinger and waived punter Corliss Waitman.

The Jags are carrying 4 QBs you figure they will keep Minshew (unless they get good return for him in a deal) plus they have two other QBs with experience, Jake Luton and CJ Beathard. I’d take either of those guys over what we currently have on our roster. And I think JD is waiting for final cuts to get a QB. 

17 hours ago, ultraJETfan said:

Watched Lance play. He had some good plays and mostly not so good plays. Has accuracy issues. Speed issues as in he throws a bullet on short passes and his receivers had a hard time catching his throws. I wouldn't consider him a bust just yet. Potential is there but he needs time. Definitely not ready to start. I don't see him being the type to take a team to a SB though. His ceiling is Lamar Jackson.

Quite funny how the media narrative all camp has been how great Lance and Fields look in practice and how they are ready and how our boy, The King of NY, was "struggling." It's enough to make me never want to read Twitter or watch sports talk shows ever again.

Why not? Usually 2 pre season games is more than enough to justify the bust label

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

What a disastrous pick he was. They have a poverty offensive line and very little at WR and they drafted a 3rd down back they didn't even need. Reminds me so much of us splashing for Bell when we had pretty much nothing else on offence - Probably worse as we didn't have a James Robinson.

Should have traded that pick for Orlando Brown and taken Elijah Moore at 33. Lawrence's situation would be drastically better. Whatever else I've said about Joe Douglas he's clearly putting the effort in to help Wilson in a way the Jags just aren't doing for Lawrence.

But the media decided that Lawrence would be fine anywhere but on the Jets.  You are rejecting their sage narrative!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

What a disastrous pick he was. They have a poverty offensive line and very little at WR and they drafted a 3rd down back they didn't even need. Reminds me so much of us splashing for Bell when we had pretty much nothing else on offence - Probably worse as we didn't have a James Robinson.

Should have traded that pick for Orlando Brown and taken Elijah Moore at 33. Lawrence's situation would be drastically better. Whatever else I've said about Joe Douglas he's clearly putting the effort in to help Wilson in a way the Jags just aren't doing for Lawrence.

Urban playing him as a WR didn't help either.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

That's what it takes to keep him handcuffed to Sam's shi&&y playing ability.  They know he is going to get clobbered trying to haul in that mess from Sam.  Might as well guarantee him hazard pay.  Nice move.

He's about the only guy in the league who has figured out how to catch those passes so far.  That makes him worth the cost.

• Haha 2

cimini_rich.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Vinny Curry's curious time with the Jets took an unexpected turn, as he was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list. Previously, he was on the active/NFI list. With this move, Curry is done for the season. The Jets signed him to a one-year, $1.3M contract, thinking he could be a situational pass rusher. He underwent an undisclosed procedure in the offseason and never stepped foot on the field. Recently, Robert Saleh said they expected him back around Week 2. That ain't happening.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Pats send Sony Michel to Rams for a 5 and conditional 6.  Love it -- the guy scored in OT to win the best game I have ever seen live (Rose Bowl 2018) and now I can at least root for the guy again.

They fleeced the Pats on this trade.  Michel does not suck (PFF has him as the 11th best back in football), but I was watching the cutdowns for NE at this position b/c they are stacked at RB and have 4 guys that are good and could only keep 3.

12 minutes ago, Hael said:

They fleeced the Pats on this trade.  Michel does not suck (PFF has him as the 11th best back in football), but I was watching the cutdowns for NE at this position b/c they are stacked at RB and have 4 guys that are good and could only keep 3.

The others are also significantly cheaper than Sony, recall Pats declined his 5th year option and you KNOW the Pats won’t ever pay big $ for a RB. They got 2 picks (in their opinion) where they’ll achieve just as good production at a fraction of the price it would have cost them to resign Sony. 

They’re happy with a Zenith. Lol. 

50 minutes ago, Lith said:

Pats send Sony Michel to Rams for a 5 and conditional 6.  Love it -- the guy scored in OT to win the best game I have ever seen live (Rose Bowl 2018) and now I can at least root for the guy again.

Damn, great move for the Rams.  

• Upvote 2