Training Camp Updates - Tues Aug 3

Lith

Just now, nycdan said:

Problem for him is he's at best the 4th DT.  Rankins, Williams and Fatukasi are all in front of him.  Not sure if he brings anything Foley doesn't as the first rotational man in.

I think generally Foley is better but Shepherd has a natural aggressive style. Foley is way better at what he’s good at (2 gapping, run defense, collapsing the center), while Shepherd is only slightly better at pass rush and penetration. Both have value, both will play. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

I know Lawson is good and thats good for us....we need pressure, especially with a very mediocre secondary BUT becton needs to get a little faster. Man is so huge I know. Hoping to see him work on his speed a bit

I'd like to know if Lawson is beating him with pure speed, using a variety of moves etc.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

OMG Becton will be soo happy to play preseason games.  Watch he will dominate and pancake people.  Just happy not to see Lawson in front of him.  Lawson may average 1.5 sacks a game this season in this scheme and imagine no Q yet, Damn these Guts will be scary.

• Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Honestly, best chance he makes the roster is on IR.

After each fo the first few practices, I wanted to mention that we have had no injuries, but was afraid to jinx it.  I guess I don't have to worry about a jinx anymore.  Although Edoga needs to stay healthy to have any chance of making this roster.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I said this during the draft process. Wilson does not like to throw over the shoulder downfield passes to his receivers especially when they’re open. He’d force them to comeback or make a back shoulder catch, he’s gotta get that out of system. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

May have to wait until tomorrow when @KRL and @sec101row23 are at practice for those type of details.  That is too much to ask from professional writers.

It's so ridiculous these guys get paid to go there and completely suck. Like their coverage is just plain bad. 

Thankfully we have  @KRL and @sec101row23 to pick up the slack and give us great detailed camp reports. 

• Upvote 2