Jets have to cut 5 players on Tuesday, who will they be?

Was wondering the same thing. Yeboah will get another chance I think, especially since they gave him more money than any udfa ever… they obviously believe in his potential and he shouldn’t be cut for one bad play. If anything Daniel Brown should be cut over Yeboah. The other udfa they gave a lot of money to was Isiah Dunn… I honestly didn’t notice him during the game, which I suppose is a good thing if you’re a cornerback!

3 cuts I wanna see are:

1. Daniel Brown

2. Ballantine

3. Walter

The other 2 I’m not sure off the top of my head. Maybe one of the bottom roster receivers. And honestly Naggar was god awful, that 53 yard attempt was pathetic. Let’s see what Amendola can do.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

While heading into Ole Mississippi games as an Elijah Moore fan I kept leaving games while asking myself, who is this Kenny Yeboah kid? Because he's got some Kyle Pitts talent to his game; and I really like him. 

image.thumb.png.fbb701df39f3b8307d663f4da2c54c2f.png

(I don't know who will be released, because I'm not familiar with the bottom of Saleh's roster; but I know for a 100% fact that it won't be Kenny Yeboah).

Chris Herndon of 2017 @ Miami: 

11 Games.

40 Receptions (3.63 per game).

477 Receiving Yards (43.3 per game).

4 TD Receptions. 

Best Game = vs. Syracuse with 10 receptions for 96 receiving yards and 1 TD reception. 

Vs. 

Kenny Yeboah of 2020 @ Ole' Miss:

7 Games.

27 Receptions (3.85 per game). 

524 Receiving Yards (74.8 per game). 

6 TD Receptions. 

Best Game = vs. Alabama with 7 receptions for 181 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions.

If Chris Herndon wasn't released before heading into his Rookie season well then why should Kenny Yeboah? 

Why?

All because he made a mistake as a Rookie TE by fumbling the football after James Morgan hung him out to dry in the flats and gave him no chance to run after the catch before getting attacked? 

What kind of message would that send you our younger Jets?

To be scared to make a mistake because if so we'll quit on you before giving you a chance to learn from it?

This kid can become an undrafted Robby Anderson (WR) type of gem for us @ TE and I'm not willing to quit on him and all because of 1 Preseason "mistake" and that's because he's already captured my heart while scouting Elijah Moore (and Kenny Yeboah kept making me take note).

image.thumb.png.5f52b29d4959ed82b66b737bcefa8115.png

He's built like a monster and @ 6'4/240 lbs he can become an absolute animal of a TE (if you first give him a chance before quitting on him).

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

I'm just guessing here while also trying to think like Joe Douglas. 

(because I personally dislike all 5 of these players).

Nathan Shepherd (Mike Maccagnan x1).

Chuma Edoga (Mike Maccagnan x2). 

Jeff Smith (Mike Maccagnan x3).

Alex Lewis (Mike Maccagnan x4).

Blake Cashman (Mike Maccagnan x5).

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Rosters have to go from 90 to 85 on Tuesday.

There may be some players going on IR, so it might not be 5 "cuts", but I will work on the assumption that 5 players will be cut.

My Prediction:

CUTS

1. Camilo Eifler, LB - UDFA out of Illinois - lack of depth at LB  might keep him around through the preseason, think he actually has potential, but....
  2. Manasseh Bailey WR - Athletic and not a bad little player, but someone has to go at WR
  3. Austin Walter RB - Right now the Top 4 are Johnson, Carter, Perine, and Coleman.  They and Josh Adams can carry the load in the pre-season
  4. Kenny Yeboah TE - I like him and think he has talent, but somebody has to go and the fumble didn't help
  5. Zane Lewis S - Backups Neasman, Hassell, and Jackson can fight it out the rest of preseason

POSSIBLE CUTS BUT HANGING ON FOR NOW

1. David Moore OL - just signed off waivers so might get another week to see what he can do in a game
  2. DJ Montgomery WR - Like Bailey, a talented kid lost in the numbers game at WR, I think he makes it another week
  3. Michael Dwumfour DT - Played really well vs the Giants but his best chance is the practice squad (or IR)
  4. Corey Ballentine CB - didn't look good vs the Giants and has no chance to make the roster, but sticks around for now
  5. Tristan Hoge OL - Played a lot vs the Giants and looked pretty decent for an UDFA, but there are a lot of Guards in camp and his days are numbered

I certainly wouldn't be betting on these things but I think Hoge played well enough to stick around. We are pretty thin at guard, he stood out, AND he is Zach's friend.

Manasseh Bailey has no chance to make the team, but I can definitely see him as a last cut/practice squad guy. Crowder not on team next year. And Berrios might not be as well. Slot is thinner than it appears.

They paid Yeboah too much to cut him at this point. He blocked decently and our TE group is pathetic. Another late/sneak him on to the PS guy.

Dwumfour seems like the perfect IR stash guy.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Who I would cut:

OL Dan Feeney
CB Corey Ballentine
DL Jabari Zuniga
S Zane Lewis
RB Austin Walter

Who the Jets will cut:

S Zane Lewis
RB Austin Walter
OT Grant Hermanns
LB Camilo Eifler
WR Manasseh Bailey

I don't get the Feeney hate.  No I don't want him as my starter but he's an ok backup guy and our OL isn't all that deep.     

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I don't get the Feeney hate.  No I don't want him as my starter but he's an ok backup guy and our OL isn't all that deep.     

I'm sure he will make the team, I'm just not a fan.  He was pretty bad on Saturday.

I'd personally prefer to go with younger limited players over older limited players if those are our choices for backup spots on the line.

I'm sure he will make the team, I'm just not a fan.  He was pretty bad on Saturday.
I'd personally prefer to go with younger limited players over older limited players if those are our choices for backup spots on the line.

terrible player - not even a jag - would’ve fit right in as a starter past few years - we’re so much better now - thank goodness - if you expect him to make the team then pray he doesn’t play

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I agree.

You can not cut this man.

Even if he doesn't play 1 snap he's the heart and soul of our team this dude is a big time supporter and even from the sidelines he's going to fire his teammates up he's nothing but energy.

image.thumb.png.b782e962e574809158a702ac8825bd50.png

image.png.e884801aa51997cb62482d2d29650959.png

image.png.7cf6864da0ecb8a9187177123b5e6981.png

image.jpg

Look at our players around him. Our kids absolutely love this guy he's just A+ awesome from a personality standpoint and I'm not even an Islanders fan and I could not get enough of Dan Feeney. 

And I personally want him starting @ RG because Van Roten is pretty bad too but even if not, if you're Joe Douglas? You can not remove this man from our locker room because even from the sidelines his energy is going to fire up his teammates I love this dude man.

image.png

On 8/15/2021 at 9:55 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

While heading into Ole Mississippi games as an Elijah Moore fan I kept leaving games while asking myself, who is this Kenny Yeboah kid? Because he's got some Kyle Pitts talent to his game; and I really like him. 

image.thumb.png.fbb701df39f3b8307d663f4da2c54c2f.png

(I don't know who will be released, because I'm not familiar with the bottom of Saleh's roster; but I know for a 100% fact that it won't be Kenny Yeboah).

Chris Herndon of 2017 @ Miami: 

11 Games.

40 Receptions (3.63 per game).

477 Receiving Yards (43.3 per game).

4 TD Receptions. 

Best Game = vs. Syracuse with 10 receptions for 96 receiving yards and 1 TD reception. 

Vs. 

Kenny Yeboah of 2020 @ Ole' Miss:

7 Games.

27 Receptions (3.85 per game). 

524 Receiving Yards (74.8 per game). 

6 TD Receptions. 

Best Game = vs. Alabama with 7 receptions for 181 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions.

If Chris Herndon wasn't released before heading into his Rookie season well then why should Kenny Yeboah? 

Why?

All because he made a mistake as a Rookie TE by fumbling the football after James Morgan hung him out to dry in the flats and gave him no chance to run after the catch before getting attacked? 

What kind of message would that send you our younger Jets?

To be scared to make a mistake because if so we'll quit on you before giving you a chance to learn from it?

This kid can become an undrafted Robby Anderson (WR) type of gem for us @ TE and I'm not willing to quit on him and all because of 1 Preseason "mistake" and that's because he's already captured my heart while scouting Elijah Moore (and Kenny Yeboah kept making me take note).

image.thumb.png.5f52b29d4959ed82b66b737bcefa8115.png

He's built like a monster and @ 6'4/240 lbs he can become an absolute animal of a TE (if you first give him a chance before quitting on him).

Kenny Yeboah just thanked me on Twitter through PM and this KID doesn't sound like a Player who's about to get CUT. He sounds like a kid ready to work hard and become great. 

I told him don't worry about mistakes and just have fun living your childhood dreams of playing football and to have fun first and foremost and don't worry about what grown men beat writing hacks have to say about his "fumble" on Twitter because real Jets fans got his back and believe in him and I also shared my above post/quote with him (and he loved it)

And I made sure now to mention JetNation in order to not represent us the wrong way. 

Screenshot_20210817-120229.thumb.png.f23c31b24fa8fe2fe3876764ad166337.png

????

I'm going to continue writing our Jets players with awesome articles of mine and one day I'll become recognized for my sports writing passion until one day I'm on the sidelines getting paid for this I'm going to school for sports journalism next fall and am going to chase my dreams the likes of Ray Mickens, Victor Green and now KENNY YEBOAH are all motivating me on Twitter; because I know I can do a better job than the Rich Cimini's of the world (and our Jets players will appreciate me for it).

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2021 at 10:56 AM, Sarge4Tide said:

Rosters have to go from 90 to 85 on Tuesday.

There may be some players going on IR, so it might not be 5 "cuts", but I will work on the assumption that 5 players will be cut.

My Prediction:

CUTS

1. Camilo Eifler, LB - UDFA out of Illinois - lack of depth at LB  might keep him around through the preseason, think he actually has potential, but....
  2. Manasseh Bailey WR - Athletic and not a bad little player, but someone has to go at WR
  3. Austin Walter RB - Right now the Top 4 are Johnson, Carter, Perine, and Coleman.  They and Josh Adams can carry the load in the pre-season
  4. Kenny Yeboah TE - I like him and think he has talent, but somebody has to go and the fumble didn't help
  5. Zane Lewis S - Backups Neasman, Hassell, and Jackson can fight it out the rest of preseason

POSSIBLE CUTS BUT HANGING ON FOR NOW

1. David Moore OL - just signed off waivers so might get another week to see what he can do in a game
  2. DJ Montgomery WR - Like Bailey, a talented kid lost in the numbers game at WR, I think he makes it another week
  3. Michael Dwumfour DT - Played really well vs the Giants but his best chance is the practice squad (or IR)
  4. Corey Ballentine CB - didn't look good vs the Giants and has no chance to make the roster, but sticks around for now
  5. Tristan Hoge OL - Played a lot vs the Giants and looked pretty decent for an UDFA, but there are a lot of Guards in camp and his days are numbered

Just have a feeling it is possible Hoge makes the 53.  Yes, there are a lot of G's in camp.  There's a lot of them because not many of them are any good.  Hoge was pancakeing people in the 4th quarter.  Most of Perine's runs in the last 5 mins were right behind him.  

Have a feeling the CS is really going to like his film.  Could get some earlier reps against the Packers.  If he keeps playing the way he did against the Giants he would be an awful hard cut to make on a team that needs a G badly. 

17 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Screenshot_20210817-120229.thumb.png.f23c31b24fa8fe2fe3876764ad166337.png I'm going to continue writing our Jets players with awesome articles of mine and one day I'll become recognized for my sports writing passion until one day I'm on the sidelines getting paid for this I'm going to school for sports journalism next fall and am going to chase my dreams the likes of Ray Mickens, Victor Green and now KENNY YEBOAH are all motivating me on Twitter; because I know I can do a better job than the Rich Cimini's of the world (and our Jets players will appreciate me for it).

Journalism, huh? Good luck with that… ?

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Journalism, huh? Good luck with that… 

Yes sir. Thank you. 

I just sent Kenny my (imo) top 5 Jets articles of All-Time that I've written around here and asked him if when he has some Free time to share them with our Jets PR staff and help me get started. Hey it's worth a shot in life we miss every shot we don't take and I believe they'll love the sports articles I've sent him (two were 2009s offseason as I was writing about us making the playoffs with a top 3 Defense and the other one was of me raving about our O-Line and future top 5 rushing attack).

if he went out of his way to personally thank me for my JN post of him on Twitter I'm confident he'll go out of his way to help me with a passion of mine (Jets sports writing).

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes sir. Thank you. 

I just sent Kenny my (imo) top 5 Jets articles of All-Time that I've written around here and asked him if when he has some Free time to share them with our Jets PR staff and help me get started. Hey it's worth a shot in life we miss every shot we don't take and I believe they'll love the sports articles I've sent him (two were 2009s offseason as I was writing about us making the playoffs with a top 3 Defense and the other one was of me raving about our O-Line and future top 5 rushing attack).

if he went out of his way to personally thank me for my JN post of him on Twitter I'm confident he'll go out of his way to help me with a passion of mine (Jets sports writing).

You do seem to have a passion for writing. I could definitely see him being willing to help you.

• Sympathy 1

Have you considered starting a thread here on JN where you could post some of those articles you’ve written?

I’d be willing to bet there are a few Journalism or English majors here who would be happy to read them and offer you advice also. If nothing else, everyone here could have a chance to enjoy them.

I can tell you the Newhouse School of Journalism at Syracuse University is world renowned. Just check to see how many sports broadcasters and writers have graduated from there. Fordham also has a great program. Maybe you could send them some of your work also?