Jets/Eagles Joint Practice 8/24

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Why do you always have to spam the page with videos and long ass articles? It's ******* annoying.  Please write another 80,000 word essay on what your name means,  "Defense Wins Championships ", like we're all ******* idiots. 

Those weren't my words those were words of Jets players quoted from an article. 

I made a small statement how Morgan Moses of 2021 will feast within a zone blocking scheme as Damien Woody once did in 2009 and 2010. 

And for some reason two fans tried to correct me by claiming "Bill Callahan didn't run a zone blocking scheme" which he clearly featured 24/7. 

And I posted the article because finally going back to a zone blocking scheme fires me up. 

3 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

I get it, but this is what it sounds like :

Team looks bad in early week practices 

(fans complain)

Team looks better late week practices 

(fans still complain about Tuesday practice)

Starters look good in-game

(half the fans prepare for super bowl parade, other half still sore about Tuesday practice)

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

As usual, the truth is somewhere in between. I'm just enjoying having some hope that we could score some points this year. Baby steps. 

This exactly what is happening but it’s key to note the starters they struggled against during the week aren’t playing in the games. Too many people are ignoring this fact and burying their head in the sand. They are in for a rude awakening when Becton gets blown off the ball like what’s happening in these joint practices. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

This exactly what is happening but it’s key to note the starters they struggled against during the week aren’t playing in the games. Too many people are ignoring this fact and burying their head in the sand. They are in for a rude awakening when Becton gets blown off the ball like what’s happening in these joint practices. 

When (IF) it happens in a game, then we worry about it. Til then, it strikes me as looking for stuff to worry about. 

Last week Mike L said PP was not good (where it needs to be, I think) and today they got beat like a drum by Philly starters... HC said, "you'll never be where you want to be" which didn't answer the question about his being concerned about it. 

Not going to read between the lines or speculate about protections, etc., but he did say Becton is having issues with the new scheme.  hopefully, this OL will get there collective @@@@ together by week 1.  

44 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Yea I do. If you can’t block in practice you aren’t going to block in the games 

Ummm, not accurate. In games the coaches actually use specific blocking schemes for different plays. In practice they're not doing that against another team,  especially one that they're playing during the regular season. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Last week Mike L said PP was not good (where it needs to be, I think) and today they got beat like a drum by Philly starters... HC said, "you'll never be where you want to be" which didn't answer the question about his being concerned about it. 

Not going to read between the lines or speculate about protections, etc., but he did say Becton is having issues with the new scheme.  hopefully, this OL will get there collective @@@@ together by week 1.  

What he said was they're not scheming blocking assignments in practice, its just very vanilla. A lot of those pressures will be avoided in game bc of blocking assignments and people getting help. 

He also did not say Becton was having issues with the new scheme. They've been very vague and the only thing they have said is it's not a conditioning issue. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No he's not and neither are you. 

You don't know what the hell your talking about. Go google what kind of schemes Callahan has used over the years. It's been, (for the most part), a power scheme. I wish i knew how to copy and paste from my phone.

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Why do you always have to spam the page with videos and long ass articles? It's ******* annoying.  Please write another 80,000 word essay on what your name means,  "Defense Wins Championships ", like we're all ******* idiots. 

Leaving our disagreements aside. This is fuc.. .. Awesome. Cheers!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

I went momentarily blind once, in the middle of football practice one summer in Middle School.  Right in the middle of a play too, scary as hell.

Heat is no joke.  And it's worse the bigger/less in shape you are.

Dude be honest…. Were you stroking your hydrogen rod the night before?

• Haha 2

Jet Nation after every practice based on Tweets from beat writers - All is lost. Fire Douglas . Saleh needs to do something.

Jet Nation after meaningless preseason wins - Playoffs ! This team is great. 

Reality - Who knows? Let’s wait until actual games are played. This rebuild will take 2-3 years, not 2-3 weeks.

• Upvote 3