Jets/Eagles Joint Practice 8/24

Just now, IndianaJet said:

I think DJ tweeted that he was walking "gingerly", didn't see anyone else report a limp.  Following DJs tweets I think DJ missed the puke episode.  Hopefully the "gingerly" comment was more because he was gingerly from being sick, not some sort of leg injury.

i do think that's why.  but as someone posted here, bechton is a gamer so you just need to make sure he's ready come sunday.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Told you you're a jinx!

The last time you called me a JINX team USA won a basketball gold medal (when you told me they wouldn't) and you've been here on JN since 2006 but how many SBs have you given us? ?

In all seriousness.  It's practice. Not a game.  But practice.  And during practice? Players practice new techniques.  That's why it's called practice. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The NFL more than ever is all about protection of the Qb and pressuring the QB.  Give Wilson time he's making plays consistently, no time, play is a fail, much like any other QB.

I'm concerned about Becton and the heat stroke angle.

It's common for guys to puke when they're running around in pads in this kind of heat (it's well in the 90s today). The coaches need to give the players frequent breaks, because the conditions are potentially dangerous.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

ok, but he was limping.  

But no competent medic, or trainer, is going to let a victim of heat stroke walk, even if he could. You can die from heat stroke. He would have been on a cart. It would be gross negligence to walk a victim of heat stroke.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The last time you called me a JINX team USA won a basketball gold medal (when you told me they wouldn't) and you've been here on JN since 2006 but how many SBs have you given us? ?

In all seriousness.  It's practice. Not a game.  But practice.  And during practice? Players practice new techniques.  That's why it's called practice. 

Um.  Please find where I said the US wouldn't win gold.  I said they wouldn't win by 30.  You countered with they would win by 45 IIRC.  I wish Becton were out there practicing technique.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I think DJ tweeted that he was walking "gingerly", didn't see anyone else report a limp.  Following DJs tweets I think DJ missed the puke episode.  Hopefully the "gingerly" comment was more because he was gingerly from being sick, not some sort of leg injury.

I guess that’s it. Also reported he was carrying a Gatorade. Dudes hurting from the heat! 

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

How did this guy start for 3 straight seasons???

As much as I want to defend an IU guy....

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings

32. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

The Chargers’ offensive line has been among the worst in the NFL for several years now, but they were supposed to be better this season after adding veterans Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga to the right side of the line. At least, they were supposed to be better in theory — that’s not what played out on the field.

Turner and Bulaga both battled through injury-shortened seasons and weren’t effective when they were on the field, either. Bulaga’s 61.6 overall grade ranked 29th at the right tackle position, and Turner came in as the lowest-graded right guard in the entire league by a wide margin (34.8). Those were the veterans who were supposed to raise the floor of what was otherwise a bad unit coming into the year, which made the lack of production from those two players hurt all the more.

Storm Norton came out of the year as Los Angeles’ highest-graded offensive lineman at 65.1 overall. In other words, the offensive line is once again a need for the Chargers.