KENNY YEBOAH!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The hail mary is all you watched?

Because I watched 3 receptions for 51 receiving yards and 1 TD catch (before the hail mary). 

And I disagree.  He wont make the practice squad because he wont make it past waivers.  

What do you think preseason is for? It's for players to stand out and make the team; and that Kenny Yeboah just did. 

Griffin? 20 catches last year under 100 yards and 0 TDs? 

Kenny Yeboah has more talent and potential than any TE on this roster and he's making the team and 100% too. 

yes the Hail Mary is the only play I watched 

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The hail mary is all you watched?

Because I watched 3 receptions for 51 receiving yards and 1 TD catch (before the hail mary). 

And I disagree.  He wont make the practice squad because he wont make it past waivers.  

What do you think preseason is for? It's for players to stand out and make the team; and that Kenny Yeboah just did. 

Griffin? 20 catches last year under 100 yards and 0 TDs? 

Kenny Yeboah has more talent and potential than any TE on this roster and he's making the team and 100% too. 

If you bothered to read my post and extend what you bolded in my post you would see I saw more than just the hail mary. The kid had a good game but as we have seen in the past over and over in this league players do not make rosters on one performance. I like your positive outlook on just about everything but it does not always work out that way and I'm sure you know that. We've been surprised by roster moves in the past and we will continue to be surprised in the future. If he performed well in practice and learned his play book he will reap the rewards we will find out on cut day how that all turned out. I hope he's the next Shannon Sharpe I really do. 

On 8/28/2021 at 12:03 PM, Facts said:

I didn’t want to be the one to say it, but I agree.

Yeboah didn’t make a great play. Meaning, he doesn’t pluck it out of the air (ala Deandre Hopkins) while surrounded by guys trying to grab it.

He just caught a ball that none of the 3rd/4th string Philly players even bothered to try to grab.

He basically caught a punt.

He went up over all the eagles that were there and came down with the ball, at its highest point.  He did everything right and Jets fans are now complaining about the defense.  

We're getting pretty lame with "He just caught a ball that none of the 3rd/4th string Philly players even bothered to try to grab."  

I guess it really wasnt a catch.  I dont know why when I look at NFL.com the game is a tie.  They didnt get the SOJF scoring curve?  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He went up over all the eagles that were there and came down with the ball, at its highest point.  He did everything right and Jets fans are now complaining about the defense.  

We're getting pretty lame with "He just caught a ball that none of the 3rd/4th string Philly players even bothered to try to grab."  

I guess it really wasnt a catch.  I dont know why when I look at NFL.com the game is a tie.  They didnt get the SOJF scoring curve?  

Went up over all of them? lol. Not a single Philly player even jumped. Two of them are literally just standing there and watching it. At the moment he caught it, all of their feet are touching the ground. Yeboah’s feet are a few inches from the ground.

6F095FA2-5347-4C05-89B5-CF2126CD1479.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Facts said:

Went up over all of them? lol. Not a single Philly player even jumped. Two of them are literally just standing there and watching it. At the moment he caught it, all of their feet are touching the ground. Yeboah’s feet are a few inches from the ground.

The video clearly shows him jumping for the ball. 

You posted a still picture after he was coming down. 

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Facts said:

6F095FA2-5347-4C05-89B5-CF2126CD1479.jpeg

A photo?  LOL

Is he above the coverage?  Is he coming down with the ball?

Youre right, its not really a catch.  

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The video clearly shows him jumping for the ball. 

You posted a still picture after he was coming down. 

I never said he didn’t jump. He did. Barely.

I said the Eagles barely even tried to defend it. They didn’t.

Against a #1 hail mary defense, he has zero chance to catch that.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Facts said:

I never said he didn’t jump. He did. Barely.

I said the Eagles barely even tried to defend it. They didn’t.

Against a #1 hail mary defense, he has zero chance to catch that.

Youre really desperate now.  lol admit you were wrong and move on.

• Upvote 1

6F095FA2-5347-4C05-89B5-CF2126CD1479.jpeg.3f0647a6ed69796a5ec3c1516a8ae551.jpeg

The suggestion that none of those guys were trying is just plain stupid. I guess none of them wanted to make the team?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

The suggestion that none of those guys were trying is just plain stupid. I guess none of them wanted to make the team?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That hes going to sit here and argue with everyone that Yeboah did nothing, that the catch was a gift from the Eagles and should hod no weight in evaluating what the Jets have in him is mind numbing 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

lol, you're too old to get roped into these hot air exercises.

So what do you do, if you're JD... he makes your 53? Even one was sweeter on him than myself for example, between injuries and concerns at DE/OLB and DB -- I can't offer KY a bone. He hasn't outplayed the other TEs this summer. 

• Upvote 2

He played well toward the end of the game, but he seems to be a body-catcher. Even that hail mary, it’s not like he caught that ball at full extension. He got in the right position, which is great, and came up with it at the end, but he caught it in a place where the defenders had a chance. I do think he makes the roster but I’m not sure who he replaces. He has to get more confident in his hands, otherwise he’s not long for the league. 

• Upvote 1

just curious if all you guys who want to see Yeboah on the PS, would you be ok if he got signed by another team and we lose him?

yes he needs some more development but his potential is high. you dont want to give him a year to see what we got? over keeping a Brown or Wesco or whoever the last TE on the depth chart is? its not like there so great it would hurt us if Yeboah sucks.

i think he makes the team, this one or another team. it doesnt matter who jumped or didnt, or that it was the backups to the backups, or if they were all scratching there ass when he caught his passes. that game counts, otherwise why even bother to play them. 

35 minutes ago, doitny said:

just curious if all you guys who want to see Yeboah on the PS, would you be ok if he got signed by another team and we lose him?

yes he needs some more development but his potential is high. you dont want to give him a year to see what we got? over keeping a Brown or Wesco or whoever the last TE on the depth chart is? its not like there so great it would hurt us if Yeboah sucks.

i think he makes the team, this one or another team. it doesnt matter who jumped or didnt, or that it was the backups to the backups, or if they were all scratching there ass when he caught his passes. that game counts, otherwise why even bother to play them. 

You keep bringing up Wesco ...Just so you are aware Wesco will be playing FB and TE but he will make this roster for his play at FB and the Jets have brought in no competition at the FB position so that alone should tell you something. Wesco can block, he can catch and he's proven to be good out of the back field. A lot of teams on defense do not have an answer for a good receiving FB, they never have, so if LeFleur's offense calls for a FB (and it does) Wesco makes this team 

Here is another way to look at it:

• The Jets have an ok at best roster.
  • The group of Kroft, Herndon, Wesco, Brown and Griffin could be one of the, if not the, worst TE group in the NFL.
  • So if Yeboah can't make that group, do we really think another team is going to pick him up?

I am less optimistic on Josh Adams.  Last time Adams was cut the Jets picked him up.   If I am building a team I am keeping Adams over Coleman.

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

Here is another way to look at it:

• The Jets have an ok at best roster.
  • The group of Herndon, Wesco, Brown and Griffin could be one of the, if not the, worst TE group in the NFL.
  • So if Yeboah can't make that group, do we really think another team is going to pick him up?

I am less optimistic on Josh Adams.  Last time Adams was cut the Jets picked him up.   If I am building a team I am keeping Adams over Coleman.

You forgot Kroft 

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

lol, you're too old to get roped into these hot air exercises.

So what do you do, if you're JD... he makes your 53? Even one was sweeter on him than myself for example, between injuries and concerns at DE/OLB and DB -- I can't offer KY a bone. He hasn't outplayed the other TEs this summer. 

Ohh I totally agree.  If JD was on the fence or already decided he was on the roster, then he has a spot.  But if he didnt, that one play isnt the deciding factor.  I agree, they talked about it during the broadcast, this team might not go he conventional route with the usual amount of RB, WR etc making up the final 53 because of concerns at DE/OLB and DB.  They may carry numbers at other positions that arent the usual so that they carry extra help at DE/OLB and DB.  After Kroft, Wesco, Griffen I'm not sure if we got a spot for a 4th on the 53.  KY gets the PS spot right now

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Ohh I totally agree.  If JD was on the fence or already decided he was on the roster, then he has a spot.  But if he didnt, that one play isnt the deciding factor.  I agree, they talked about it during the broadcast, this team might not go he conventional route with the usual amount of RB, WR etc making up the final 53 because of concerns at DE/OLB and DB.  They may carry numbers at other positions that arent the usual so that they carry extra help at DE/OLB and DB.  After Kroft, Wesco, Griffen I'm not sure if we got a spot for a 4th on the 53.  KY gets the PS spot right now

pretty much, yep. Putting on my HC hat, there's much bigger issues on the 53. I think we wind up carrying the extra fat on the back 7 on Defense - lot of uncertainty back there. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, doitny said:

I might keep him over Brown but not Kroft, Herndon or Wesco. Do we have room for a developmental 4rth TE that doesn't block (yet) ? 

Yeboah or no Yeboah, we need to bring in a FA or use a draft pick next year

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Green hat said:

Kroft, Herndon and Wesco. Yeboah to the PS.

Yes, Herndon over Yeboah. Pretty sure I've heard that Herndon is a good blocker.

This seems reasonable. 

Kroft and Herndon are the guys who resemble NFL tight ends, nominally, at least. 

Wesco has the FB role and the team seems committed to that. 

It's not a slight to Yeah-Boyah! to go the PS. He's clearly a developmental player. The used enough $ to get him as a UDFA that they must have some level of confidence that they can, in fact, develop him, or it's worth the $ to try. 

PS for a year, makes team next year, maybe. 

• Upvote 3