KENNY YEBOAH!!!!!!

Think Yeoboah stays over Griffin based on potential alone. 

Can Yeoboah block and does he play special teams? If the answer to either question is a no, I see him more of a candidate for the practice squad. Kroft, Wesco and Griffin are who I believe will make the team.

I think the Jets will only carry 3 TEs therefore Herndon doesn’t make the squad and Fant will be used for Jumbo sets.

45 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Can Yeoboah block and does he play special teams? If the answer to either question is a no, I see him more of a candidate for the practice squad. Kroft, Wesco and Griffin are who I believe will make the team.

I think the Jets will only carry 3 TEs therefore Herndon doesn’t make the squad and Fant will be used for Jumbo sets.

OK Clay I can agree with that scenario with the exception of Herndon. I think he makes the team ahead of Griffin. Wesco makes it as I think he will be utilized like the fullback on the Niners  whose name I can’t spell nor pronounce 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Counter to that is two things. First we paid Yeboah like a super premium UDFA meaning we might have had as high as a 4th or 5th round grade on him. Saleh as he has said many times prefers to the young guy to the veteran. I would be very surprised if he does not make the 53 roster.

Sure, and they also paid Isaiah Dunn like a super premium UDFA. Didn’t they give him the most money of any UDFA CB in history?

But does anyone think he’s even a remote lock to make the roster?

Yeboah had a nice showing last night. But otherwise, we heard how he was a complete non-factor in TC and his only notable play prior to last night in the pre-season was a fumble.

He’s far from a lock, even though I’d take him over any TE projected to make the roster besides Kroft and Wesco, who is going to mostly be used as a pure lead-blocking FB in this scheme. And it’s not like I think Kroft or Wesco have longterm futures here.

• Sympathy 1

OK Clay I can agree with that scenario with the exception of Herndon. I think he makes the team ahead of Griffin. Wesco makes it as I think he will be utilized like the fullback on the Niners  whose name I can’t spell nor pronounce 

I do see Wesco as a Fullback Hybrid, and I see Griffin as the better blocker than Herndon that’s the only reason I gave Griffin the nod. In this scenario, I could see the Jets keeping an extra Wide Out that also plays special teams.
  • Upvote 1

i like the Wesco move. good teams run their rosters with better efficiency by multitasking these roles.

Ryan Griffin over Kenny Yeboah? 

You've gotta be kidding me. 

Some of you Ryan Griffin fan boys have no idea how throughout the previous 4 years he's only combined for 80 receptions, 869 receiving yards and 6 TDs, do you?

Kenny Yeboah can do that during only his undrafted rookie season.  

Because that's an average of only 20 receptions for 217 receiving yards and 1.5 TDs per season!

tenor.gif

Kenny Yeboah just put up 4 receptions for 100 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions during 1 game last night.

And some of you are actually talking about keeping a 31 year old TE who's done absolutely nothingness throughout the previous 4 years?

200.gif

20 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Some of you Ryan Griffin fan boys have no idea how throughout the previous 4 years he's only combined for 80 receptions, 869 receiving yards and 6 TDs, do you?

Because that's an average of only 20 receptions for 217 receiving yards and 1.5 TDs per season!

tenor.gif

Kenny Yeboah just put up 4 receptions for 100 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions during 1 game last night.

And some of you are actually talking about keeping a 31 year old TE who's done absolutely nothingness throughout the previous 4 years?

200.gif

Wasn't it you who predicted what a hugs game micheal carter would have. 100yds plus. How'd that work out

27 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

tenor.gif

200.gif

Ryan Griffin Fanboy? If that even a thing? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

But yet couldn't get drafted either, could you?

#Facts.

Tom Brady went 6th round. 

#Facts

WR:Wayne Chrebet.

WR: Robby Anderson.

K: John Hall.

NT: Damon Harrison. 

RG: Brandon Moore. 

SS: Victor Green.  

JETS who all went undrafted. 

#Facts

DT/DE: John Randle. 

LG: Nate Newton. 

DE: Michael Bennett.

C; Jeff Saturday.

MLB: London Fletcher. 

QB: Tony Romo.

LT: Jason Peters.  

WR: Rod Smith. 

RB: Priest Holmes. 

WR: Wes Welker. 

K: Adam Vinatieri.

QB: Kurt Warner.  

OLB: James Harrison. 

CB: Dick 'Night Train' Lane.

QB: Warren Moon. 

TE: Antonio Gates.  

#Facts

And if did further research I could list another 100+ undrafted FAs who became impactful NFL players along with hundreds of later 6th and 7th round draft picks who were overlooked.  

#Facts

Lol I wouldn’t trust you to scout a pop Warner team 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, genot said:

Wasn't it you who predicted what a hugs game micheal carter would have. 100yds plus. How'd that work out

He only had 7 carries all night. The fewest of our RBs. Coach Robert Saleh didn't want him to get hurt. Which is letting me know I'll save that prediction for Carolina. 

Waiting for the inevitable "The Jets are going to regret cutting Yeboah because he's going to be an All-Pro somewhere else" post.  Complete with 6 images, 3 youtube links and 1,800 words.

The only thing worse will be the alternative, which is the "I called Yeboah before anyone else knew about him...even Joe Douglas.  Hell, I knew he was going to be great when he was in pee-wee football in 3rd grade!" post.  Complete with 6 images, 3 youtube links and 1,900 words.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I never thought it was such a thing. 

Until Kenny Yeboah became a topic of conversation.

And then I realized Ryan Griffin aka 20 catches and 1.5 TDs per seasons...

is a real thing. 

That doesn’t make it real. You literally just made that up. I’d like to see Yeboah make the team. Not sure if Saleh giving him the game ball make it more or less likely makes the team. Could just be a nice cancellation prize for coming to camp. But certainly nothing suggest a Ryan Griffin fanboy club until you brought it up.  So basically your the guy starting it. Well played. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Waiting for the inevitable "The Jets are going to regret cutting Yeboah because he's going to be an All-Pro somewhere else" post.  Complete with 6 images, 3 youtube links and 1,800 words.

The only thing worse will be the alternative, which is the "I called Yeboah before anyone else knew about him...even Joe Douglas.  Hell, I knew he was going to be great when he was in pee-wee football in 3rd grade!" post.  Complete with 6 images, 3 youtube links and 1,900 words.

He’s to busy planting the seeds for the Ryan Griffin fanboy club,

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Screenshot_20210825-204836_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0b79adb6f929ea90d65359aa7219a10c.jpg

Screenshot_20210825-204911_Chrome.thumb.jpg.76700c2b7a4431cec8faac2adcc73d49.jpg

???

And the Jets aren't going to cut Kenny Yeboah. 100% makes the team. 

Yeboah has been making an effort at blocking and playing

hard on the specials, that's what counts! I've seen our stud

blocker Wesco whiff on short yardage, pardon my sarcasm.

Big deal that he dropped a few passes early in camp

and got lit up in an exhibition game, KY is a downfield

threat and works to improve his blocking. Wesco

has hands of stone and the agility of a cripple, which

unfortunately I know first hand

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Yeboah has been making an effort at blocking and playing

hard on the specials, that's what counts! I've seen our stud

blocker Wesco whiff on short yardage, pardon my sarcasm.

Big deal that he dropped a few passes early in camp

and got lit up in an exhibition game, KY is a downfield

threat and works to improve his blocking. Wesco

has hands of stone and the agility of a cripple, which

unfortunately I know first hand

I watched a lot of Kenny due to watching a lot of film on Elijah Moore and his run blocking within the SEC was really good. 

And it's funny how everyone talks about his dropped passes as a Rookie in TC but can't say nothing about all the catches he did catch during the offseason + his 85% catch rate throughout preseason.  Weird. 

And run blocking? Jets fans HATED Becht because he couldn't catch and even went as far as calling him "stone hands".

Kenny Yeboah has freakish athleticism which is why he dominated the SEC and which his why he'll become an All-Pro TE over the next 3 years of developing; because you can't teach his rare athleticism for a man his size. 

I loved Robby Anderson as an undrafted Rookie but this kid has even more potential and I'd cut both Ryan Griffin and Chris Herndon in a split second in favor of Yeboah.  

I haven't been quit on Herndon just yet. If he can regain his Rookie form (before Gase) under Mike LaFleur a TE pass catching duo of Yeboah/Herndon can become a strong outlet for Zach Wilson.

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I watched a lot of Kenny due to watching a lot of film on Elijah Moore and his run blocking within the SEC was really good. 

And it's funny how everyone talks about his dropped passes as a Rookie in TC but can't say nothing about all the catches he did catch during the offseason + his 85% catch rate throughout preseason.  Weird. 

And run blocking? Jets fans HATED Becht because he couldn't catch and even went as far as calling him "stone hands".

Kenny Yeboah has freakish athleticism which is why he dominated the SEC and which his why he'll become an All-Pro TE over the next 3 years of developing; because you can't teach his rare athleticism for a man his size. 

I loved Robby Anderson as an undrafted Rookie but this kid has even more potential and I'd cut both Ryan Griffin and Chris Herndon in a split second in favor of Yeboah.  

I haven't been quit on Herndon just yet. If he can regain his Rookie form (before Gase) under Mike LaFleur a TE pass catching duo of Yeboah/Herndon can become a strong outlet for Zach Wilson.

196157.gif.6d54cc7c0457279694f7ef70f6afd2e5.gif

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

That doesn’t make it real. You literally just made that up. I’d like to see Yeboah make the team. Not sure if Saleh giving him the game ball make it more or less likely makes the team. Could just be a nice cancellation   prize for coming to camp. But certainly nothing suggest a Ryan Griffin fanboy club until you brought it up.  So basically your the guy starting it. Well played. 

Here kid, now get outta here. ?

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2021 at 10:44 PM, doitny said:

that hail mary saved his job cause i dont think he did enough until then. now there is no way they can cut him after this great performance.

Anyone can get lucky and catch a hail mary its a freak play that completes about 3 or 4 times during entire seasons in the NFL   . If anyone is thinking he made the team due to a hail mary that's pretty ridiculous. The way this kid makes the team is consistently good play during training camp and since non of us have access to every practice or the plays he runs only the coaches know how they are going to proceed with this kid or any other for that matter. His TD in the seam was much more impressive but even then It looked like poor coverage. 

He seems like a good kid but lets be real here his true place will be on the practice squad if the coaches see potential.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You need to settle down a bit. Do you think you are the only guy who watched him in college ? Do you think every GM in the NFL just wiffed on this guy ? He has potential but the nod will go to experience and Wesco with his versatility (fb/te) along with Kroft and Herndon will be making this team. Griffin might as well. Yeboah will probably make the practice Squad. One thing I can say is no way in hell is he making this team based on one performance with a hail mary and wide open seam pass that looked like a broken coverage, if his practices have been inconsistent. We have no idea how he handles his assignments in practice or in games for that matter and for a rookie that's going to make the difference.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He also made 3 receptions for 51 receiving yards and 1 TD before that "one hail mary catch". 

Doesn't really matter what you see. 

Because he made our Football team as a JET. 

JUST ASK COACH ROBERT SALEH.  

PS: You don't release and cut a Rookie who you just gave a game ball too and after his last preseason game too. 

I just love Saleh.  I keep hearing his say post game that tomorrow is a day off so enjoy it or relax AND watch your tape.  He never quits.   

40 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I just love Saleh.  I keep hearing his say post game that tomorrow is a day off so enjoy it or relax AND watch your tape.  He never quits.   

I’ve been watching Hard knocks and the contrast between Saleh and McCarthy is striking. McCarthy sounds like an old man who hasn’t a clue how to relate to young players. All he does is curse and spout worn out cliches. Saleh is such a breath of fresh air. It would be cruel, though,  if they cut Yeboah after that end of game speech. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

You need to settle down a bit. Do you think you are the only guy who watched him in college ? Do you think every GM in the NFL just wiffed on this guy ? He has potential but the nod will go to experience and Wesco with his versatility (fb/te) along with Kroft and Herndon will be making this team. Griffin might as well. Yeboah will probably make the practice Squad. One thing I can say is no way in hell is he making this team based on one performance with a hail mary and wide open seam pass that looked like a broken coverage, if his practices have been inconsistent. We have no idea how he handles his assignments in practice or in games for that matter and for a rookie that's going to make the difference.

The hail mary is all you watched?

Because I watched 3 receptions for 51 receiving yards and 1 TD catch (before the hail mary). 

And I disagree.  He wont make the practice squad because he wont make it past waivers.  

What do you think preseason is for? It's for players to stand out and make the team; and that Kenny Yeboah just did. 

Griffin? 20 catches last year under 100 yards and 0 TDs? 

Kenny Yeboah has more talent and potential than any TE on this roster and he's making the team and 100% too. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Anyone can get lucky and catch a hail mary its a freak play that completes about 3 or 4 times during entire seasons in the NFL   . If anyone is thinking he made the team due to a hail mary that's pretty ridiculous. The way this kid makes the team is consistently good play during training camp and since non of us have access to every practice or the plays he runs only the coaches know how they are going to proceed with this kid or any other for that matter. His TD in the seam was much more impressive but even then It looked like poor coverage. 

He seems like a good kid but lets be real here his true place will be on the practice squad if the coaches see potential.

i just think the hail mary put the icing on the cake to a good game. and that game i think puts him on the team.

your right, we cant see what he is doing in practice, but neither can any other team. there going to go by the only thing they can, the games. and there going to see a pretty good game. 

somebody with a poor set of TEs will take him and stick him at the end of the depth chart and work with him.....a team with poor TEs.....like us.

problem with the PS is it isnt a safe list. anybody can sign you off of it.

the bigger question is who are you keeping over Yeboah?.... Brown?.... Wesco? you wanna take a chance that we lose Yeboah over one of those guys?