TJ Watt

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/08/clock-ticks-toward-midnight-for-steelers-t-j-watt/

As it relates to the T.J. Watt contract impasse, the clock is striking 12. Literally.

The Steelers will practice today at roughly 12:15 p.m. ET. If Watt doesn’t have a new deal, he may not be there. If he’s not there, he may not play on Sunday.

The problem continues to be the refusal of the team to abandon its refusal to fully guarantee money beyond the first year of a veteran deal. Apparently, the Steelers don’t want to set a new precedent for Watt.

But here’s the reality. If/when another player says, “But you did it for T.J. Watt!” the response would be, “Play like T.J. Watt, and we’ll do it for you.”

Stay tuned to PFT throughout the day for news on whether the Steelers do, or don’t, figure out how to end an unexpectedly protracted hold-in from one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

Unlikely, sure. 
What would be an appropriate price to pay to acquire TJ Watt in a trade should this holdout continue?

Let’s trade away our high picks for aging veterans in a year where we most likely win anything anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I'd think TJ would cost 2 first rounders, plus an extension.

He's 26.   I wouldn't do it, as it is very possible (probable) the Jets 1st rounder will be a top 5 pick, and Seattle's might be top 15.  ( I do think they are headed for a fall)

The Jets biggest need going into next year is going to be an edgerusher.

You’d be drafting a guy like Thibodeux, Karlaftis, etc in the hopes that they end up anywhere near the level of Watt.

Watt is a proven 15 sack a year EDGE who produces turnovers and is only 26 years old.

That’s exactly the kind of guy you give up a few high picks for and dish out a fat contract to.

It’s still all moot at the end of the day. Pittsburgh isn’t trading him. He’s a DPOY caliber player just hitting his prime, plays a premium position, and doesn’t make a stink in the locker room. He’s the kind of guy who will probably play in Pittsburgh for another 8-10 years, barring injury, and probably retire there and eventually go into their ring of honor.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Or my personal favorite, Neil O'Donnell.  Guy shows up here after winning the SB, gets his payday, and proceeds to look like he'd never seen a football before.

Nor a chalk line either, seeing how he claimed he was so badly hurt he needed to go on IR after tripping over one in pregame warmups.

• Haha 2

It’s enticing due to the high amount of Draft ammo & Cap space the Jets have, but it’s a bad idea considering the 2x’22 draft picks may be top10 and it doesn’t seem consistent with how JD has stated he wants to rebuild the Jets. I’d say he’d rather draft an EDGE with the prime picks he has next year. 

20 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Or my personal favorite, Neil O'Donnell.  Guy shows up here after winning the SB, gets his payday, and proceeds to look like he'd never seen a football before.

If it is any consolation, he didn't win that Super Bowl, got whupped up by the Barry Switzer-led Cowboys...

• Upvote 1