We are not a garbage fanbase

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Enough with your shtick... I get what purpose you are to the site... Don't lie and say this is year 5... Its basically year 1...

Macs failure to bring talent and coach set the team back again for another rebuild built for this now rookie HC... Spare me your BS sh*t and go back to cheering on Gase. 

Your username is ironic.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

We root for a garbage team

We get treated like garbage by the media

We are treated like garbage by other fans

We are treated like crazy garbage by people who do not even follow sports

We watch the same garbage year in and year out and it hardly ever changes

We feel like garbage most Sundays

Yet we have more integrity and are more knowledgeable than any other fanbase in the professional sports. 

In the stadium, watching on tv, on twitter, on youtube, in these forums. As far as fanbases go, we are royalty. Every single one of us here, no matter what their opinion is.  It's hard the **** enough. Remember that.

Go on and make fun @Warfish I don't care what you think. You watch the games from DC or wherever the **** you live. Im at the stadium and see all these people putting their money and their time and their hearts into this team, taking two or three hours to get home, driving from Virginia at 2am to get to the game, etc and get nothing in return. So laugh all you want.

If it smells like garbage.

If it sounds like garbage.

If it acts like garbage.

Then, well......its probably

image.png.5f412dd3f1bd84c5a76cd03bdc645a4d.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, longsuffering88 said:

Sorry to say I blame the moron season ticket holders and others who go there week in week out. You fools just want to get drunk and barbecue away from your wives and family

Selfish

this is why we can never get woody to sell the team - he’s got too many nut huggers making him richer

This is the sad truth money talks but unfortunately the NYJ just ranked 7th on the list of overall franchise worth so expect more losing. 

I have learned the hard way that these billionaires don’t care about fixing broken profitable s***

• Upvote 1

Today at the game, on the way to my seat, I walked past a fat guy with a mullet who was wearing (I sh*t you not) a black Jets jersey, #69, with the name “Mullet” ** lead a small group of other, similar looking scuzzy scumbag derelicts in a loud “**** Joe Biden!” chant.  Have to imagine that was his third or fourth of the day.  It made me briefly question whether I make a bad decision every Sunday with how I spend my time - a question the Jets would emphatically answer. 

so, yeah. I’m not sure whether we are a garbage fan base (we might be) or whether (more likely) the prototypical “NFL fan” is garbage.  In any event, this is the most dejected I think I’ve ever felt to be a FAN of JETS FOOTBALL. 

** If Mullet is your brother or something I apologize - i’m sure he’s a terrific guy 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Enough with your shtick... I get what purpose you are to the site... Don't lie and say this is year 5... Its basically year 1...

Macs failure to bring talent and coach set the team back again for another rebuild built for this now rookie HC... Spare me your BS sh*t and go back to cheering on Gase. 

Mike Maccagnan looks like Ron Wolf compared to Joe Douglas.  It's incredibly hard to blow back-to-back drafts and FA periods so perfectly.  It's a staggering accomplishment.  Even John Idzik wasn't this bad.

Deny it all you want, it's Year 5 of the New York Jets rebuild.  Doesn't matter that the lead actors have changed.  Joe Douglas dumped what little talent he inherited and replaced it with nothing.  It's his team now, 100% of it is his doing.  Blah blah Gase, blah blah Maccagnan, it's immaterial.  

Every take you and all the other self-proclaimed Jets geniuses ever had about the Jets has been wrong.  Because if you were right, we'd be a playoff team right now.  And we're not.  We're the league joke. That's your shtick.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

11 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Today at the game, on the way to my seat, I walked past a fat guy with a mullet who was wearing (I sh*t you not) a black Jets jersey, #69, with the name “Mullet” ** lead a small group of other, similar looking scuzzy scumbag derelicts in a loud “**** Joe Biden!” chant.  Have to imagine that was his third or fourth of the day.  It made me briefly question whether I make a bad decision every Sunday with how I spend my time - a question the Jets would emphatically answer. 

so, yeah. I’m not sure whether we are a garbage fan base (we might be) or whether (more likely) the prototypical “NFL fan” is garbage.  In any event, this is the most dejected I think I’ve ever felt to be a FAN of JETS FOOTBALL. 

** If Mullet is your brother or something I apologize - i’m sure he’s a terrific guy 

He’s not wrong on the Biden thing

but back to reality

woody and company need to get choked out of our funding. That’s the only way.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is a garbage post. A ton of people go with their wives. Some people don't drink at the games. A bunch of people go with their families.

I hear you- there are a few normal folks but the minority… Also continually giving money to Woody for this garbage is counter productive.

PS

every time I took my son I was wholly embarrassed and monumentally nervous about putting my son in that situation - 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I take offense to that.  No matter what the Saleh Jets are selling, the fans are in Year 5 of the deep rebuild.  We have shown incredible patience.  We sat through 2017 Sucking For Sam for the greater good.  We sat through 2018 and the Rookie Sam Growing Pains for the greater good.  We were devastated with all the injuries at 1-7 and then given some glimmer of hope by 6-2 in 2019.  And then the wheels fell off in 2020.  And now we look even worse in 2021.

No one is looking for instant playoffs.  We are looking for our GM to get the draft and FA right.  We are looking for our new OC to move the ball and score more than 20 points.  We are looking for our young players to show glimpses of greatness.  And we're seeing none of it.  Our patience has been rewarded with slogans and t-shirts and camp hype and YouTube documentaries and nothing else.

SAR I

Says the guy who defended the worst coach in Jets history for 2 years including last years 2-14 disaster, and now is getting on Saleh after 2 games. Give it a rest. Saleh had nothing to do with what happened to your boy Gase and he will prove to be a far better coach. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Mike Maccagnan looks like Ron Wolf compared to Joe Douglas.  It's incredibly hard to blow back-to-back drafts and FA periods so perfectly.  It's a staggering accomplishment.  Even John Idzik wasn't this bad.

Deny it all you want, it's Year 5 of the New York Jets rebuild.  Doesn't matter that the lead actors have changed.  Joe Douglas dumped what little talent he inherited and replaced it with nothing.  It's his team now, 100% of it is his doing.  Blah blah Gase, blah blah Maccagnan, it's immaterial.  

Every take you and all the other self-proclaimed Jets geniuses ever had about the Jets has been wrong.  Because if you were right, we'd be a playoff team right now.  And we're not.  We're the league joke. That's your shtick.  

SAR I

Fine year 5 of the rebuild because the first one failed at year 3 and so they are starting from scratch again... 

Whatever way you view it... This is unfortunately a restart of the original rebuild because it failed... 

Whether you like it or not this is the beginning of a new cycle that will take time with or without your patience.. 

Or we get what you and your pack of flunkies want to get another GM only to have to restart all over again... 

Because consistency doesn't matter in NFL... That's why great prestigious organizations fire GMs and coaches regularly to make sure to keep everything new and fresh... Nobody wants long term coaches. Because no matter how you do, you will be fired when you lose here in NY... Because if it doesn't work immediately you have to throw it out and get a new one...

So glad we don't have those kind of coaches that just stay forever... It would get stale and people would figure out how to solve the game plans... Might as well keep hiring new GMs and coaches every 2 years so nobody else in the league can have tape on the jets... 

This is the clear way to winning... 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

We root for a garbage team

We get treated like garbage by the media

We are treated like garbage by other fans

We are treated like crazy garbage by people who do not even follow sports

We watch the same garbage year in and year out and it hardly ever changes

We feel like garbage most Sundays

Yet we have more integrity and are more knowledgeable than any other fanbase in the professional sports. 

In the stadium, watching on tv, on twitter, on youtube, in these forums. As far as fanbases go, we are royalty. Every single one of us here, no matter what their opinion is.  It's hard the **** enough. Remember that.

Go on and make fun @Warfish I don't care what you think. You watch the games from DC or wherever the **** you live. Im at the stadium and see all these people putting their money and their time and their hearts into this team, taking two or three hours to get home, driving from Virginia at 2am to get to the game, etc and get nothing in return. So laugh all you want.

I mean it's NY. As much as I have grown weary of living here all these years, it's still a city that's highly sophisticated, diverse, progressive and full of extremely sharp, educated folk.  And NY'ers know their sports and are as passionate as any in the land. When we win, which is rare, there is nowhere that is better. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Warfish, for better or worse I look forward to Sundays, I look forward to training camp, the draft, September. 

And yeah it bothers me. I'm honestly expressing my thoughts. I don't know alot about x's and o's or the intricacies of the salary cap, but I watch people, people that I saw today at the stadium, guys with youtube channels, families, etc,  so that's what I decided to post about and I get mocked. My brother has a pretty big twitter following and he does giveaways of merch and I can see how people have bonded over this team, how a sense of community is formed, friendships. I was touched by the atmosphere around it all. 

I care about what people think, maybe too much, but I'm an artist, so I'm a little bit more expressive but also more sensitive to criticism.

This team and football are part of my psyche now, just like it is yours. You wouldn't be here every day if it wasn't. I can do it with baseball, basketball, but not football. 

Easier to do with other sports. Football is such a short season - now 17 games as opposed to say baseball 162 games. The season goes super fast and you have to wait an entire week to see them play again. I have always watched the Jets even when they sucked really really bad since 1966.  I've divorced myself from the Mets a few times this season and over the years. But I get your emotion.  Despite this terrible start, I think we are on the right path. Just have to see the forrest through the trees.  Its a whole new cast of characters and it going to take time.  

The fan base is great loyal, but for to long the laughing stock of the NFL.

It looks like another wasted season, not that I’m expecting us to Win but even show anything in the QB department.

I think we are all feeling very dejected, I know I’am.

I personally like to ask the Johnsons if they thought the product they’ve been supplying is value for money? - Since any other type of business Would be closed. Every thing we’ve seen over the last 10 years is directly related to their decisions. I wish there was a way to publicly embarrass them. The fish rots from the head and is certainly the case with the Jets. 

4 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

If you apply a purity test to each of 60,000 people gathered for any purpose anywhere in the world, you will conclude they are scumbags.

5 hours ago, longsuffering88 said:

I hear you- there are a few normal folks but the minority… Also continually giving money to Woody for this garbage is counter productive.

PS

every time I took my son I was wholly embarrassed and monumentally nervous about putting my son in that situation - 

You realize each NFL team gets approximately $300M each year from the league win/lose/or draw, right? Personally, I wish a percentage of this -- say 19% (4 divided by 21 x 100%), the percentage of weeks the NFL is in playoff mode -- was reserved and allocated only to playoff teams to encourage winning but that is another debate for another time. NFL owners literally cannot fail financially. Woody wants our money but he doesn't need it. In fact, if some fan initiative significantly reduced the Jets revenues, how do you think he'd react? Reduce payroll and operating expenses to ensure he still gets a healthy profit from the NFL national revenue allocation. Woody may not be a good owner in terms of football results, but he might be the smartest business owner in the league. Not to mention that the Jets own 50% of MetLife and it was built with no public funding. Meaning every concert or event at the stadium, half the fee goes straight to him. Jets as a corporate entity would still make a healthy profit even if no tickets are ever sold again.

You don't want to go to games, fine. But don't believe you're making a statement to Woody. If people derive enjoyment/entertainment from the experience equal to or exceeding what they spend, then good for them. One thing is for sure: someone chiding them as idiots isn't going to change their behavior in the slightest.

• Upvote 1

We are an idiotic fan base. Intelligence would dictate leaving the stadium like a barren ghost town until the product is worth supporting.

But in the world of instant gratification , this idiotic idea of turning the ship around overnight was born.

Saleh, Lafleur and Wilson all need to do better.

Then i will consider tickets again.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, oatmeal said:

This is the sad truth money talks but unfortunately the NYJ just ranked 7th on the list of overall franchise worth so expect more losing. 

I have learned the hard way that these billionaires don’t care about fixing broken profitable s***

Woody Johnson is the Max Bialystock of NFL owners.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1