Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Denver's run defense is ranked #4 giving up only 67.5 yards per game after the first 2, but against two bad teams. Last year they ranked only #25th. 

With 2 productive RBs at the top of the depth chart with Coleman out, and improved run blocking from our OL, maybe we have a shot to have a productive game on the ground. That would certainly help take some of the heat off of Wilson and open up play action opportunities. 

Carter - 15 / 65 / 4.3 avg
Johnson - 16 / 65 / 4.1 avg 

Should we be focussing on establishing the run in this game, or maybe introduce short passes/screens?

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m all about eliminating the “free runners thru the A gap” first, then the play designs that have all the WRs going to the same spot, then we build from there.

It's a little disturbing watching those All 22 videos.  Moore should be picking a corner, but he's too obsessed with stutter stepping and beating his man that it throws off the whole play.  Or the back lets the backer run free in the A gap so he can get open in the flat.

 

It makes you wonder if any of the receivers understand the concept of the whole play and why they're specifically doing what they're doing on each snap?  Is everyone like Mims?  

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It's a little disturbing watching those All 22 videos.  Moore should be picking a corner, but he's too obsessed with stutter stepping and beating his man that it throws off the whole play.  Or the back lets the backer run free in the A gap so he can get open in the flat.

 

It makes you wonder if any of the receivers understand the concept of the whole play and why they're specifically doing what they're doing on each snap?  Is everyone like Mims?  

There is very clearly a confusion issue across the board with this offense right now.   Never really saw anything quite like this as far as lack of understanding of what’s going on. 
 

I also think, from the little I’ve seen of ZW is he def likes the anticipation throws. Which is great if he and his receivers are on the same page.   If they’re not it’s an unmitigated disaster.  I think we saw some of that last week (probably on two of the int’s) and we’re likely to see much more of it in the coming weeks.  
 

I just hope ZW doesn’t stop playing that way.  That’s what will make him great.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Until the NY Jets establish a consistent successful running game the passing game will struggle. Football 101 

You really could say it the other way. 
Until ZW starts hurting you in the passing games, there’s really no reason not to stack the box.  
Make a few chunk plays and you’ll see the running game open up.  
 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Tevin Coleman lets see what Josh Adams can do. 

I think perine will be the guy active over adams but regardless, i dont see any need to give a carry to anyone other then johnson/carter.  Let them both get in a rhythm.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

While I know you're half joking here...

It is the truth.  

This idea of getting anything going in a big way is absurd.  Right now the offense is lost, confused and being beaten (badly) at every level.  WR's running wrong routes and dropping a lot of balls, QB throwing to wrong spots, playing hero ball with terrible footwork and an OL that is routinely letting through free rushers and getting beat at the point of attack.

Add into that an OC that is seemingly calling plays that are poorly designed.

This isn't just a team getting beat because of lack of talent....it's an absolute mess.  Right now, this does not resemble a professional offense.

I know it's week 2 - but point is, let's not pretend like they're all of a sudden going to figure it out.  A long process of small steps is the best we can hope for.

Shouldn’t professional football players and coaches being paid millions of dollars know how to play football? 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Green hat said:

Denver's run defense is ranked #4 giving up only 67.5 yards per game after the first 2, but against two bad teams. Last year they ranked only #25th. 

With 2 productive RBs at the top of the depth chart with Coleman out, and improved run blocking from our OL, maybe we have a shot to have a productive game on the ground. That would certainly help take some of the heat off of Wilson and open up play action opportunities. 

Carter - 15 / 65 / 4.3 avg
Johnson - 16 / 65 / 4.1 avg 

Should we be focussing on establishing the run in this game, or maybe introduce short passes/screens?

They also played the Jaguars and giants 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think perine will be the guy active over adams but regardless, i dont see any need to give a carry to anyone other then johnson/carter.  Let them both get in a rhythm.

Totally agree. Perine can get a few carries but I'd rather see Johnson and Carter get 95%. Let them build on one of the few things that worked last week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FidelioJet said:

They should.  The reality is this.  
 

1) New rookie OC

2) New system - the most complicated system in the NFL

3) 4 starting rookies

4) one of those rookies is a QB

5) shortened pre-season width limited playing time and injuries to the key rookies

6) outside of the rookie guard this was the same starting OL as the one last year which was the worst in the NFL

Under these circumstances this is what should have been fully expected.  For better or worse this was JD’s plan.  To completely tear down all things Mac and start over.  
For all intents and purposes the Jets are an expansion team right now.    

I get it, though I am not sure it is justifiable to appear incompetent. If the system is complicated then install a simple version to get the team ready to play. Players dropping balls has nothing to do with inexperience. Not blocking defenders inexcusable at this level. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

While I know you're half joking here...

It is the truth.  

This idea of getting anything going in a big way is absurd.  Right now the offense is lost, confused and being beaten (badly) at every level.  WR's running wrong routes and dropping a lot of balls, QB throwing to wrong spots, playing hero ball with terrible footwork and an OL that is routinely letting through free rushers and getting beat at the point of attack.

Add into that an OC that is seemingly calling plays that are poorly designed.

This isn't just a team getting beat because of lack of talent....it's an absolute mess.  Right now, this does not resemble a professional offense.

I know it's week 2 - but point is, let's not pretend like they're all of a sudden going to figure it out.  A long process of small steps is the best we can hope for.

Add in that a competent TE and FB are necessary to run the scheme which we have neither. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pichula said:

I get it, though I am not sure it is justifiable to appear incompetent. If the system is complicated then install a simple version to get the team ready to play. Players dropping balls has nothing to do with inexperience. Not blocking defenders inexcusable at this level. 

I can absolutely understand your point.  I’m not sure if I agree or disagree with your position but surely understand it as does Jets management   

But the reality is, that’s not their plan.  
They don’t care about appearances, they don’t care about wins or losses this year.  

It’s a learning year and they’re throwing the kitchen sink at these guys. 
they’re not easing them into it with the hopes of winning an extra couple of games.   No training wheels here   

This is trial by fire and the gamble is, when they come out the other side of this they’ll be better for for it.  
 

Like it or not, this was a conscious decision.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I can absolutely understand your point.  I’m not sure if I agree or disagree with your position but surely understand it as does Jets management   

But the reality is, that’s not their plan.  
They don’t care about appearances, they don’t care about wins or losses this year.  

It’s a learning year and they’re throwing the kitchen sink at these guys. 
they’re not easing them into it with the hopes of winning an extra couple of games.   No training wheels here   

This is trial by fire and the gamble is, when they come out the other side of this they’ll be better for for it.  
 

Like it or not, this was a conscious decision.  

I can’t help but take a cynical view of that strategy. Is it about building a championship team or preserving their jobs? Must be nice to come to with zero performance expectations. Zach Wilson is the only thing that matters right now and through two weeks this coaching staff has done everything possible to get him killed.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be the closest to a homecoming ZW will have this year as a rookie by playing in Denver. He will not want to lose this game.

I sense a stronger commitment to the run to eliminate errors and the defense keeping this low scoring affair tight. 
 

Saleh admitted to being upset over the Pats game during his presser earlier this week, so he’s sensing pressure. I see a classic reversion to Defensive HC football: run, run, run FG. Let the defense dictate the game and hope the offense doesn’t screw it up. It’s Herm/Mangini/Rex/Bowles football. 
 

Carter and Johnson should be able to duplicate last weeks performance. 
 

K. Cole MIA again. The curse of donning #88 - Al Toon. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
They should.  The reality is this about our offense. 
 
1) New rookie OC
2) New system - the most complicated system in the NFL
3) 4 starting rookies on offense
4) one of those rookies is a QB
5) shortened pre-season width limited playing time and injuries to the key rookies
6) outside of the rookie guard this was the same starting OL as the one last year which was the worst in the NFL
Under these circumstances this is what should have been fully expected.  For better or worse this was JD’s plan.  To completely tear down all things Mac and start over.  
For all intents and purposes the Jets are an expansion team right now.    
Not entirely accurate but I get the point

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pichula said:

I can’t help but take a cynical view of that strategy. Is it about building a championship team or preserving their jobs? Must be nice to come to with zero performance expectations. Zach Wilson is the only thing that matters right now and through two weeks this coaching staff has done everything possible to get him killed.

I think the exact opposite of your position in that one. 
 

keeping their jobs would mean looking more respectable, bringing in a bunch of high priced vets to get you to 8 or 9 wins,  but then you’re always in that cycle.
 
they decided to go all in and are trying to build a team capable of winning a super bowl. Not one capable of getting a wild card every four years.  
 

This year is their last free year. They have to be good next year or they’ll be on their way out.

The way their playing this is far more likely to get them fired than playing the ease in game.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If we played denvers schedule wed be 2-0.  Denver doesnt worry me at all.  I think we are going to play our best game so far this year.

Add in Chubb missing the game and our online should continue to improve. Everyone is worked up over a few glaring play. I get it, but it is clear that the online significantly improved from week 1 to 2. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I can absolutely understand your point.  I’m not sure if I agree or disagree with your position but surely understand it as does Jets management   

But the reality is, that’s not their plan.  
They don’t care about appearances, they don’t care about wins or losses this year.  

It’s a learning year and they’re throwing the kitchen sink at these guys. 
they’re not easing them into it with the hopes of winning an extra couple of games.   No training wheels here   

This is trial by fire and the gamble is, when they come out the other side of this they’ll be better for for it.  
 

Like it or not, this was a conscious decision.  

I honestly think this is the best way to learn too. Simplifying the playbook to look better for fans and get a few more wins does nothing to help the development of the players in this system. 

Let them take their lumps. They will be better for it even if Jetnation goes crazy. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Josh Adams is a bruising in your face RB he will get you the 2 yards on 4th and 2 

Just my opinion. 

He’s the closest thing we have to a hard charging Bull of a power back - blasting through hoes to get that YAC!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...