We need help at Tight End

Going into the season with Ryan Griffin as your starting TE is another of JD great features.

Doesn't look like theres anyone good in free agency right now, Trey Burton maybe?

Trade for O.J. Howard? David Njoku? Eric Ebron?

Elevate Yeboah?

All I know is that we need at least a threat over the middle.

This is really the only problem I have with JD's philosophy.  

Tear it down, acquire draft picks, but you have to spend to the cap with free agents to support the young quarterback once you draft him.  

What's the point of resetting the rookie quarterback clock if you aren't spending that money you saved?

You cannot have so many rookies and second year players around the rookie quarterback and expect success.  

Hopefully he spends like wildfire next offseason to go along with our two top 10 picks.  

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure they're SOL right now but I think they're going to have to completely turn over the TE room next offseason. Multiple FA's maybe, possibly multiple draft picks.

Free agency doesn't have anyone incredibly exciting but there are a good ten or so guys who would be immediate upgrades. And they have enough draft picks to easily draft one on day two and another in the fourth. Tight end class isn't insane but a bunch of solid guys. Worth bringing multiple in. Room just desperately needs attention.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will take the best tight end coming out in the draft right now.  There is 0 need to address the position until then.

We are at the beginning of a ground up rebuild.  Unfortunately, you cannot ddress every position right away.

Be patient jet fans.  We will be competing for a Super Bowl in 2023.

200.gif

53 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Going into the season with Ryan Griffin as your starting TE is another of JD great features.

Doesn't look like theres anyone good in free agency right now, Trey Burton maybe?

Trade for O.J. Howard? David Njoku? Eric Ebron?

Elevate Yeboah?

All I know is that we need at least a threat over the middle.

We could have had Travis Kelce out there and still would have lost. Zack is terrible  at short passes. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This could literally have been a thread for the last 10-15 years.

Every team in the leauge realized years ago about the value of TE, cept the good ole jets.

This is my mantra watching games in my house every week.   Once again, Dustin Keller was the last serious TE this team drafted.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Eifert would injure himself picking up the pen to sign the contract.  

He played a full season in 2019 and only missed one game in 2020. So, he’s definitely worth taking a look at and is an instant upgrade over Griffin, Brown, and Kroft. It’s one of those low risk/ high reward situations, especially if he stayed healthy and since he wouldn’t cost more than vet minimum.