***Official NFL Sunday/Jets Bye Week Games Thread***

T0mShane

20 minutes ago, undertow said:

Lawrence is one of the more pro ready QBs to ever come out and I think Zach is more of a project then people realized.

When the dust settles, I think that Zach Wilson will be the guy we expected from a number 2 pick, but he is most certainly a project. I would have preferred if Zach watched half a season on the bench behind an over the hill Flacco, but JD put all of his eggs in one basket, and I sure hope that Zach doesn't turn into Pennington. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Look we don’t know who is going to be better at this stage Lawrence or Zach. Lawrence was considered the better player coming out of college. Not sure if Jets had the choice if they would have selected Lawrence over Zach they probably would have. Look at the first half minus that late minute long Td pass and great play by the receiver they only scored 3 points. And look at both teams personnel on offense and skill position players. It’s not that far apart. Robinson is better than any of our running backs. 

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

When the dust settles, I think that Zach Wilson will be the guy we expected from a number 2 pick, but he is most certainly a project. I would have preferred if Zach watched half a season on the bench behind an over the hill Flacco, but JD put all of his eggs in one basket, and I sure hope that Zach doesn't turn into Pennington. 

Agree 100 percent...Zach wasn't my first choice at QB going forward but he clearly has the talent to be elite and he should have been on the bench watching for at least 10 games.

• Upvote 2

I have no firm opinion yet on any of these QBs except Lawrence looks smoother than Zach (so far). But the bottom line is in points scored esp the ability to put up 7s. Another important stat is TOP which is directly related usually to how well the defense plays. The Jets are prob pretty close the leading the league in 3 and outs. A key reason why we’re 1-4. The Jets are ranked 28th in TOP. The Jags ranked 29th. As for TOP in the first quarter Jets are ranked dead last at around 30% way below every other team. 

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Is the perfect pass you talk about the one that was way behind Davis or the one that hit the dirt to Crowder and Griffin? 

I'm not sure what your point is here?

That because all ZW's throws aren't perfect - then his WR's aren't dropping any?

I haven't watched a lot of Jacksonville but I suspect Trevor Lawrence has thrown a bad pass or two - I could be wrong though.

18 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

So we all need to wait another three or four years in hope that Zack pans out?  Yeah, I guess that is our typical Jet rookie QB pattern.

• Upvote 1