***Official New York Jets All-time Draft BUST Team***

JazzyJet

We've done the all-time team, we've created the franken-quarterback, we've done top 10 bust lists. Let's do the all-time all bust team. If this has been done before I'm not sorry (just kidding, I am sorry, if it has been done please point me to that thread and shame me publicly).

Add your picks. Higher points for higher selections, and for calamitous draft circumstances, ie. trading two first round picks for DRob., passing on HOFers.

Who we got?

Defense first (because it's easier):

DE - Gholston

DT - DRob

DT 

DE - Polite

OLB - Darron Lee

MLB - Anthony Schlegel

OLB - 

CB - Milliner

CB - Wilson

CB - 

S - Calvin Pryor

S - Jamal Adams ?

Offense:

QB - Hackenberg?

RB - Blair Thomas

FB - John Conner (because he was super hyped and didn't do much)

WR - ArDarius Stewart

WR - Devin Smith

WR - Stephen Hill

TE - Amaro

LT - 

LG - 

C - 

RG - 

RT - Vlad Ducasse

K - 

P -  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Why did you leave so many blank spots? Also Jamal Adams was a good player while playing for the jets than netted us two firsts and letting us trade a fourth for a third before he went on to suck for another team?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Blanks to share the fun, and as far as the greatest in the NAYtion goes, that's why he got ?

25 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Johnny Lam Jones needs to be at WR over any of the other guys listed. I'd go Kyle Brady over Amaro as well. 

I didn't see him play, because I was born in 1984, but his stats make him look like a lethal weapon compared to the crew up there:

image.png.ec53ccbde567510554db5a9ba93206fc.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Zach-Wilson-New-York-dealt-massive-blow-

Zach Wilson has to be the biggest bust QB of all time and Mekhi Becton the biggest bust LT of all time because of how many years of suffering, sucking, and trading we had to do to get them.

SAR I

I guess if they do end up busting that deserves some thought. Little soon to pull the hot trays out of the buffet just yet my friend. 

• Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, jgb said:

Lam Jones. Nugent, Kyle Brady, Browning Nagle

Roger Vick "beats out" the Terminator easily.

c'mon, nugent wasn't a bust.  he was just picked too high in the draft.  he went on to have a nice career with the bungles and then a little with the patsies.  you can also say the same about kyle brady.  picked way too high for what he was but had a decent career.

• Upvote 1

Just now, rangerous said:

c'mon, nugent wasn't a bust.  he was just picked too high in the draft.  he went on to have a nice career with the bungles and then a little with the patsies.  you can also say the same about kyle brady.  picked way too high for what he was but had a decent career.

OK who fills the K spot then for Jets

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol there are definitely people who have been banned for far less trolling than SAR routinely gets away with.  SAR continues to reap the societal benefits of making $70,000-$85,000 a year.

What seperates SAR from most of those trolls is that SAR is a Jets fan though.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I mean, that's the point.  It's not Nugent's fault he was taken that high but he's still a bust.  Just like it wasn't Dewayne Robertson or Vernon Gholston's fault they were taken that high but they're busts as well. 

Just because a guy has a decent career doesn't mean he can't be a bust.  When you take a K that high, fair or not, you expect him to be elite for the team that drafted him.  Like Janikowski was for many years for the Raiders after being taken in the 1st round.

We've never taken a Kicker nearly as high in the draft (the only other drafted K in Jets history was Stu Crum - Rd 12 in 1983), so Nugent has to qualify as the biggest draft bust at K in Jets' history.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, that's the point.  It's not Nugent's fault he was taken that high but he's still a bust.  Just like it wasn't Dewayne Robertson or Vernon Gholston's fault they were taken that high but they're busts as well. 

Just because a guy has a decent career doesn't mean he can't be a bust.  When you take a K that high, fair or not, you expect him to be elite for the team that drafted him.  Like Janikowski was for many years for the Raiders after being taken in the 1st round.

We've never taken a Kicker nearly as high in the draft, so Nugent has to qualify as the biggest draft bust at K in Jets' history.

Still not a bust.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

What seperates SAR from most of those trolls is that SAR is a Jets fan though.

I'm not trolling.  I'm just cutting to the chase.

They didn't appreciate Marty McFly at the Fish Under The Sea Dance when he started playing Chuck Berry, but he was right, they were going to love it.

SAR I

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Still not a bust.

Of course he is.  He only spent 4 years with the Jets.  You don't draft a K in round 2 (our first pick in that draft) just to have him leave after his rookie deal ends. 

And a bust is not just about what that player did.  It's also impacted by who you passed on to take the player.  In that 2005 draft, when we took Nugent we passed on the likes of WR Vincent Jackson, RB Frank Gore, DE Jonathan Babineaux, DE Justin Tuck, OT Khalif Barnes and FS Nick Collins. 

Taking a K in round 2 is a terrible allocation of resources, so if you DO take a Kicker there, he needs to be elite or else he's a bust.  Period.  And Nugent was pretty far from elite, even though he had a fairly long career in the league.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JazzyJet said:

We've done the all-time team, we've created the franken-quarterback, we've done top 10 bust lists. Let's do the all-time all bust team. If this has been done before I'm not sorry (just kidding, I am sorry, if it has been done please point me to that thread and shame me publicly).

Add your picks. Higher points for higher selections, and for calamitous draft circumstances, ie. trading two first round picks for DRob., passing on HOFers.

Who we got?

Defense first (because it's easier):

DE - Gholston

DT - DRob

DT 

DE - Polite

OLB - Darron Lee

MLB - Anthony Schlegel

OLB - 

CB - Milliner

CB - Wilson

CB - 

S - Calvin Pryor

S - Jamal Adams ?

Offense:

QB - Hackenberg?

RB - Blair Thomas

FB - John Conner (because he was super hyped and didn't do much)

WR - ArDarius Stewart

WR - Devin Smith

WR - Stephen Hill

TE - Amaro

LT - 

LG - 

C - 

RG - 

RT - Vlad Ducasse

K - 

P -  

Are you a mosaicist