Edge Rushers and Wide Receivers

sec101row23

We need more of pretty much everything. Our DL is crappy, our WR corps is pretty crappy without Moore, We need a TE for sure, Kroft and Griffin's dynamic duo aren't enough

Fant is carrying the OL which isn't gonna cut it long-term. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Need more of both.   This team lacks guys who can win one on one battles on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball.  

Aside from Moore, there isn’t a WR on this roster that can beat man coverage consistently, it’s painful to watch.  Miami played man coverage in the second half and nobody could get open.   You can’t rely on “scheming open” a receiver on every play to get a completion.  Once in a while a player needs to beat the guy in front of him.   The Jets don’t have nearly enough of these guys.   

Same goes for the defense.  You need edge rushers who can win one on one battles.  Just like the offense needing to scheme receivers open, the defense can’t rely on scheming sacks all the time.  There aren’t enough athletes on this team, way too many average to below average athletes at key positions.  

Yes, and yes.

We need one of top ER to fall to us.  I'd prefer Hutch but I'd take either with our first #1.  

God forbid we get a WR over 6'0.  London or Pickens need a strong look.  

We also need improvement at the TE position.  The two we have our backups at best.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Edge rusher with our pick. Receiver with Seattle's. 

I wouldn’t mind edge with the first pick, but I’d like to see oline with Seattles pick because I’d like to get that OT Neal from Alabama or that kid Linderbaum from Iowa since he can play center or guard. 

Then FA is where’d I’d like to see them target a receiver, it would be awesome if they could get Chris Godwin, dudes a beast. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Need more of both.   This team lacks guys who can win one on one battles on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball.  

Aside from Moore, there isn’t a WR on this roster that can beat man coverage consistently, it’s painful to watch.  Miami played man coverage in the second half and nobody could get open.   You can’t rely on “scheming open” a receiver on every play to get a completion.  Once in a while a player needs to beat the guy in front of him.   The Jets don’t have nearly enough of these guys.   

Same goes for the defense.  You need edge rushers who can win one on one battles.  Just like the offense needing to scheme receivers open, the defense can’t rely on scheming sacks all the time.  There aren’t enough athletes on this team, way too many average to below average athletes at key positions.  

That's why all those late round guys and UDA's we picked were physical freaks.  Grab them and hope one will blossom into something, somewhere.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Zach is going to have to make due. This defense needs high draft pick infusion in a desperate way.

Yep, unreal isn't it. We drafted D all those years and got average at best players that are mostly gone. We wanted to finally concentrate on the O and we have a total sh*t show on defense. This offense needs alot of help also. It just sux that the defense is really worse than the offense. Typical Jets.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s a horrific philosophy.   

So you draft for what in the 7th? In UDFA?  Great players no one else noticed?  Or athletic freaks who can do anything and maybe just need to be put into a position where they can blossom?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Pipe dreams, neither will have ANY interest in coming here.  Not solving this in free agency.  

So you have no concept of what large amounts of money can do and the ego it takes to become a pro athlete apparently?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

We need more of pretty much everything. Our DL is crappy, our WR corps is pretty crappy without Moore, We need a TE for sure, Kroft and Griffin's dynamic duo aren't enough

Fant is carrying the OL which isn't gonna cut it long-term. 

The WR's are not crappy.  Moore will be VERY good for us.  Davis, if he is relied on to be a number #2, will do that.  Berrios is a great #4/Punt/kick returner.  Cole is a decent #3.  Hope we sign him again next year.  

What we lack is a Keyshawn/All Toon/Wesley Walker style #1.  

We also need a true TE threat.  

IF we could add a #1 and a TE, this offense would be playing much better.  Well, we could use a better QB as well, but that's another whole post.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Origen said:

So you have no concept of what large amounts of money can do and the ego it takes to become a pro athlete apparently?

So you have no concept of how that fails, throwing large sums of money at someone and having it backfire, like it has, oh I don't know, the last 5-6 times the Jets tried it?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

So just throw money to jags like Feeney instead . OHthat free agent DB that we signed to play special teams how's that working out ?

So you have no concept of how that fails, throwing large sums of money at someone and having it backfire, like it has, oh I don't know, the last 5-6 times the Jets tried it?

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Pipe dreams, neither will have ANY interest in coming here.  Not solving this in free agency.  

QFT.  The Jets have finally reached the stage where even money will not persuade any top player to come here.  If they do, their motives are suspect.  We need to draft out of the hole we're in.  No other way until we build a roster that appears ready to win.  

• Upvote 3