Ross Pierschbacher

Copernicus

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

All right Sperm.  I'm going to quiz you on something I'm confident you'll know the answer to.

Which HOF QB was also a state champion typist when he was in high school?

It was worth the time I used to Google this one.  Thanks, had no idea.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Ourlads' Profile:

2019 Guide: What Ourlads' NFL Scouting Services said about ROSS PIERSCHBACHER: Alabama, 6035 307 5.22. Four year starter from Cedar Falls, IA. Started 42 games at left guard for the Tide before moving over to center in the spring of 2018. A disciplined player who rarely draws a penalty to hurt his team. Good eyes and awareness to pick up inside twist stunts. Plays with hand strength and violence. Runs his feet on choke blocks. Works to anchor down a bull rush. Bends his knees and keeps his hands high in pass protection. Plays with good technique and body control. Versatile enough to play all three inside positions. Quick enough to snap and pull to the perimeter. The All SEC first-team lineman can adjust on the run. Demonstrates good depth and approach on pulls to kick out and log perimeter support. Experienced in both shotgun and a conventional snap. Needs to get stronger to anchor the inside push of 325-pound plus nose tackles. OSR:37/39. Fourth/fifth round. (A- 32 1/8, H-10, BP-20, 10-1.83).

He could be slower than ****, weak as ****, but he sure as hell won me over with this trait, something our current C struggles with mightily.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

All right Sperm.  I'm going to quiz you on something I'm confident you'll know the answer to.

Which HOF QB was also a state champion typist when he was in high school?

If anyone is wondering, the answer is Troy Aikman.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/2017/09/25/how-troy-aikman-became-oklahoma-s-1983-high-school-typing-champion/

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jets1958 said:

I agree. What makes Washington cut their 2018 5th round pick after 1 year? Then Philly tries him for one year and then cuts him. Then the Jets take him in 2021 and keep him on the PS all year and never call him up. All that tells me he's not very good.

Quincy Williams was a third rd pick by Jacksonville that they saw no use for.  He’s been playing well for us.  Sometimes it’s scheme or personalities.   Sometimes a player responds to a new opportunity.   You may very well be right but the timing is right to find out.  If he sucks balls, they don’t need to play him the entire game.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What’s really stealth about it is that it won’t look any differently than Feeney trying his best to protect the QB. It took him years of setting his low baseline to plan for just this moment.

Such elaborate planning is only surprising until learning that Feeney is the USA’s #11 ranked chess player since 2018* — a fact few realize.

*2018-2021 PFF rank: among the USA’s top chess players Feeney is ranked #11 in pass blocking. 

Not ashamed to say that I fell down a Dan Feeney Google rabbit hole trying to find out if he actually played chess.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Which HOF QB was also a state champion typist when he was in high school?

I'm sure anyone under 40 is saying "WTF is a typist"?  When I started out in business we used to have a typing pool in the office.  We would send our handwritten letters, memos etc to the pool to put on the company stationery.  Lol.

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2021 at 4:19 PM, Jets1958 said:

All I can say is that he has sat on the PS all season and not sniffed a real game - even last week after MC Govern injury. So, something doesn't add up. Yes he has a college pedigree but some reason the coaches are not willing to give him a shot. 

He must be close friends with Mims.

• Haha 4

On 12/31/2021 at 7:49 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

What’s really stealth about it is that it won’t look any differently than Feeney trying his best to protect the QB. It took him years of setting his low baseline to plan for just this moment.

Such elaborate planning is only surprising until learning that Feeney is the USA’s #11 ranked chess player since 2018* — a fact few realize.

2018-2021 PFF rank: among the USA’s top chess players Feeney is ranked #11 in pass blocking. 

I find this fascinating. The perception of Feeney would be of the stereotypical, beer drinking, jar head, OLINE-man. To be ranked 11th for chess is no joke. Who would have thought? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 12/30/2021 at 4:19 PM, Jets1958 said:

All I can say is that he has sat on the PS all season and not sniffed a real game - even last week after MC Govern injury. So, something doesn't add up. Yes he has a college pedigree but some reason the coaches are not willing to give him a shot. 

I hope it’s not because he snaps like Spencer Long.

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2022 at 6:37 PM, Copernicus said:

I find this fascinating. The perception of Feeney would be of the stereotypical, beer drinking, jar head, OLINE-man. To be ranked 11th for chess is no joke. Who would have thought? 

I’d believe Saleh is a Hair Club for Men spokesman before I’d believe Feeney knows how to play chess

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2022 at 6:39 PM, FidelioJet said:

Feeney is awesome but he doesn’t like Zach Wilson’s hair, doesn’t like his attitude and happy when he gets hurt.    

He’s going to let the Bucs run free - with the hopes getting Zach killed.  
But as a Chess master, he has a long term plan. 

When I read this last week I cringed thinking that Feeney would be a turnstile and Zach would get injured. Couldnt believe how well Feeney played Sunday. Even shocking. In a season where Feeney became a bit of a punchline, maybe we found something here in an adequate (or even more) backup at center?

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

When I read this last week I cringed thinking that Feeney would be a turnstile and Zach would get injured. Couldnt believe how well Feeney played Sunday. Even shocking. In a season where Feeney became a bit of a punchline, maybe we found something here in an adequate (or even more) backup at center?

He seems to be a batter center than guard.  Or maybe just better in this system. 

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He seems to be a batter center than guard.  Or maybe just better in this system. 

Totally agree FJ. I was shocked how good he looked. One game is not much of a sample size but I wonder if the coaching staff knew this before signing him and felt they could rely on him if McGovern went down with injury

• Upvote 1