*** College Football Game Day 12/31 *** - The playoffs begin

Beerfish

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I’d like to thank Aidan Hutchinson and John Harbaugh for making this game so bad and pointless that my wife made me turn on New Years specials and now I’m stuck watching Anderson Cooper interview a drunk David Arquette dressed up as a clown. **** Michigan.

From what I’ve seen no way I consider Hutch as a top draft pick. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Stark said:

From what I’ve seen no way I consider Hutch as a top draft pick. 

And for everyone bashing Karlaftis for sitting out - this is why (plus the injury risk)  There’s probably not much he could have done to improve his draft stock in a bowl game - but if he played poorly, it woulda tanked him.

• Upvote 1

I have to admit I like most of the ESPN college football announcers and personalities including the ex players like Joey Galloway, Desmond Howard, etc who seem to really love the sport and have done their homework. I even like the pre game shows on game day from different campuses it’s a lot of fun. I can’t think of better coverage in any sport. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Pretty surprised Georgia is the fav.  I would expect a LOT of money to be quickly layed on Bama

I don't know, if you consider the totality of each team's season, we were the better team.  But its hard to erase the memory of that last game, or any of the 3 Kirby-Saban matchups before that.

On another note, I have been pretty critical of Bennett, but this was probably the best that he has played.  He was in control, made some big plays with his arm and his legs, ws accurate, mostly good decisions (with the excpetion of one bonehead throw in the second half that luckily fell incomplete).

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Pretty surprised Georgia is the fav.  I would expect a LOT of money to be quickly layed on Bama

It seems right after what transpired today. Cincy ended up losing in a bad fashion but they frustrated the Bama passing game.  

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I loved every minute of it. We probably lose to Bama though. Idk maybe that’s the Jet fan in me.

I never expect any of my teams to win, especially in a big spot.  I hope for it, but never expect it.  Although I do think it will be a much more competitive game than the last one.  Not saying we will win, but I think it will be tight in the 4th quarter.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't know, if you consider the totality of each team's season, we were the better team.  But its hard to erase the memory of that last game, or any of the 3 Kirby-Saban matchups before that.

On another note, I have been pretty critical of Bennett, but this was probably the best that he has played.  He was in control, made some big plays with his arm and his legs, ws accurate, mostly good decisions (with the excpetion of one bonehead throw in the second half that luckily fell incomplete).

I do not disagree but they kicked you pretty good and it is Bama and Saban and they are your bugaboo.  My comment was not along the lines of who deserves to be favored but along the betting line.

Betters will flock on that early line. 

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Bama has some issues with injuries that might show up in a big game. The definitely miss WR John Menchie who is out with a bad knee. He caught 93 this year and was the consistent, solid 3rd down receiver. 

and the big O tackle Neil looked like he rolled an ankle in the 4fh Q

missing CBs too.

Cincy wasn't really on the level but gave good effort. You could tell from the opening drive they didn't really have the horses to stop Bama up front. Frankly, I thought Bama was "too cute" and should have just pounded the ball more. They were averaging like 7 yards per carry.

Michigan had a great season, very good team, but not there yet to truly beat an elite team at a neutral site. UGA just had more talent and speed top to bottom. When they scored easily on the first drive I knew Mich was in big trouble -- their best chance to win was in a rock fight. Kudos to Stetson Bennett who played great and make some big throws down the field that Michigan probably thought he couldn't make.

While I would have preferred a final that wasn't all SEC there's no doubt these are the two best teams. I hope the rematch is better than the first round. Rooting for Georgia. Seeing teams "finally" get the big win is cathartic.

18 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I didn’t get to watch the game. How did Hutch look? Is he really worthy of the first or second pick? 

Did not do much.  He was handled 1 on 1 most of the night by Jamaree Salyer, which is a name to watch on day 2. 

Struggled with injury early in his UGA career, but he is healthy and playing very well now.  Has the flexibility to play both G and T.  If we don't want to go the Neal-Linderbaum R1 OL route, Salyer in R3 would be a nice fit.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Did not do much.  He was handled 1 on 1 most of the night by Jamaree Salyer, which is a name to watch on day 2. 

Struggled with injury early in his UGA career, but he is healthy and playing very well now.  Has the flexibility to play both G and T.  If we don't want to go the Neal-Linderbaum R1 OL route, Salyer in R3 would be a nice fit.

That’s what I was wondering about. How he did 1 on 1. 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Congrats on the win. Still have a sneaky suspicion that one of your guys on D is gonna be a Jet.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s what I was wondering about. How he did 1 on 1. 

I think some of his struggles last night were overstated. 

I did not watch strictly focused on Hutchinson, but when Mich did bring pressure, they were giving WRs too big a cushion and Bennett was able to get the ball out quickly to WRs and RBs for a lot of easy 6-8 yard gains, often on first down.  We had an awful lot of 2nd and 3 in that game.  Bennett made some nice plays to avoid pressure or get the ball out quickly, but still, not a good night for Hutch/Ojabo as the pass rush was neutralized.