teammate doesnt like Tua

doitny

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Sanchez was an excellent human being .. and honestly had he not been mismanaged from the get go ... may have been a very good QB ... its clear to me what happened to him ... the ravens game.

He had the unique trait of being clutch. He simply lost his ability to play football by getting creamed to a pulp over and over.

It changed his mentality forever.

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...

Oh yeah Ravens game. He did get pretty beat up in that one. What was the nose guards name ?Ngata I think. He Pretty much single-handedly destroyed our o line 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CSNY said:

Bart Scott sheesh. He should not be one to talk. Average player at best whos claim to fame is “ CANT WAIT” 

I also recall an interview with Mangold about a game against the team in Foxboro in which the Jets ran for close to 350 yards( don’t recall exact number but it was one of the most dominant rushing performances I have ever seen) The Jets possessed the ball for close to 45 minutes but still lost as Sanchez threw 5 picks and Mangold saying to Rex “ don’t call another dam pass we will beat these guys just running “ but they never publicly went so far as saying don’t waste my career with this guy. Sanchez was humble , worked and tried to become a NFL caliber QB as he knew that he was a weak link on an excellent team he just didn’t have it Pete Carroll knew that he wasn’t ready but the Jets took him anyway 

That was against Buffalo. We never rushed for 350 yards on the Pats lol.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Sanchez was an excellent human being .. and honestly had he not been mismanaged from the get go ... may have been a very good QB ... its clear to me what happened to him ... the ravens game.

He had the unique trait of being clutch. He simply lost his ability to play football by getting creamed to a pulp over and over.

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...

Huh?

He sucked as a rookie and played behind one of the best offensive lines in the league.

He was a bad QB.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Man, imagine if it's Jalen Waddle.  Waddle was a solid WR pick in that spot but there's no doubt the Alabama connection between Waddle and Tua was a factor.

Waddle did say on National TV the night of the draft that he would rather catch passes from Mac Jones than Tua. The kid is taking a beating down there, They have 2 firsts next year, so who knows. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah it was as home game against the Bills. Week 6 of 2009. Ran for 300+ yards and lost (I think 16-13) in OT. We threw six INTs (five by Sanchez, one by the backup QB/FG holder.)

I will have to look to see if I can find that game on you tube. Even if we lost I just enjoy watching the Jets with that dominant running attack steam roll the opponents Thank you for the correction

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's weird -- Tua seems to generate a lot of negativity for a guy that seems pretty humble/nice.

It doesn't seem to be about him as a person but rather he's just super limited as a player.

I think this anonymous WR and probably Flores, recognized his limitations i.e. arm strength - are just too big a problem to win a Super Bowl.

16 hours ago, doitny said:

not something we dont know already. just feels good to see the Dolphins made a mistake.

Right. This thread is a no-brainer. Brain Flores didn't get fired because he couldn't coach. He got fired because he didn't like Tua. I like Tua because as long as he's the Dolphins' QB, they will always suck.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It doesn't seem to be about him as a person but rather he's just super limited as a player.

I think this anonymous WR and probably Flores, recognized his limitations i.e. arm strength - are just too big a problem to win a Super Bowl.

I would expect we'll be hearing the same thing about Mac N Cheese.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Right. This thread is a no-brainer. Brain Flores didn't get fired because he couldn't coach. He got fired because he didn't like Tua. I like Tua because as long as he's the Dolphins' QB, they will always suck.

i agree. plus this means no Watson in Miami which is great news.

players arent stupid. they can see Tua isnt any good. and their window to win is closing. there not going to have a good roster forever.

can you imagine how the players feel when their coach gets fired for wanting Watson over Tua.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CSNY said:

Don’t recall Smith saying that but it’s pretty funny 

I get the butt fumble and that pick six against Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game are what he is most remembered for but not for nothing Sanchez did play rather well in the playoffs  beating Rivers , Brady and Manning is no small feat and shouldn’t be overlooked as that was  the best two seasons we as a fan base have had in what 15 years with the exception of one year of Fitzpatrick which was an outlier. I mean dam  5 fuching picks in a game that determines if you get into the playoffs. Still can’t get over that one SMFH

As I recall, Mark Sanchez didn't "beat" Rivers, Brady or Manning.  The best defense and offensive line in the NFL did, with Sanchez being brought along for the ride. 

I'll never understand the folks who look back on Sanchez with positivity.  He's why we failed to win a Super Bowl in either season, not a reason we were "in the hunt".  The guy was barely better than Sam Darnold.

@JiFapono did a whole thread about QB's getting too much credit for wins/losses.  Have we learned nothing, people?

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah it was as home game against the Bills. Week 6 of 2009. Ran for 300+ yards and lost (I think 16-13) in OT. We threw six INTs (five by Sanchez, one by the backup QB/FG holder.)

One of the most infuriating losses of the Rex-Sanchez era. Just a ridiculous loss. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

21aqbc.jpg

1) He really wasn't an excellent human being.  He had sex with underaged girls.  And who cares if he was a "good guy" anyways?  People say this about Darnold too.  As if you get "nice guy" points in the NFL.

2) Brian Schottenheimer was fine as an OC and he was handed the best OL and defense in the NFL.  He wasn't "mismanaged" from the get-go.  He just sucked.

3) He sucked long before the Ravens game.

4) Yes, clutch.  Like when he put up negative 7 points against the Steelers in the 2010 AFC Title game.  Such clutchness.

5) "Creamed to a pulp"?  Best Offensive Line in the game his first 2 seasons in the pros.  He wasn't "creamed to a pulp."

My lord, people.  It's like we read the same posts over and over again here, just with a different QB in the post.  

Some QB's just suck.  No mental gymnastics are required.  Sanchez sucked.  4 other franchises found that out about him, too, and he was out of the game by the age of 28.   Because he sucked.

17 hours ago, rangerous said:

how about these receivers identify themselves?

Amen to that. 

I am often skeptical about these unnamed sources.

Therefore, if it is true that a player said that, he shouldn't have hidden beyond the anonymous source crap and should demand a trade. I have no compassion for cowardly scumbags. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree, but it is still unusual. Between Waddle's public comments and this you just rarely see guys get trashed (even about their skillset) unless there's more to it.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We did run for over 200 against them (with Geno at QB) in the Thursday night game in Foxboro that we lost on the blocked kick. 

I assume he was thinking of my game given it was in reference to throwing a gazillion picks... But I'll also admit I have ZERO recollection of the game you're referencing.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably because sucking at QB costs players money and it costs coaches their jobs.  It doesn't matter how nice a guy is if he doesn't produce.  

You're right of course, but I would argue this is still "rare." There are lots of bad/underperforming QBs in the league. Between Flores, Waddle, and now this you just don't see guys get buried by their own team like this.

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I assume he was thinking of my game given it was in reference to throwing a gazillion picks... But I'll also admit I have ZERO recollection of the game you're referencing.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/400554219

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554219

total heartbreaker 

Edit: but yes, he was def referring to the Sanchez Buffalo game. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I mean the article did say prominent defensive player — they have like two so probably Howard if I had to guess. He wanted to leave anyway.

I was gonna say "prominent defensive player" sort of narrows the list if the author is using the word "prominent" correctly. 

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/400554219

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554219

total heartbreaker 

Edit: but yes, he was def referring to the Sanchez Buffalo game. 

Interesting. Even upon watching that I have close to zero recollection. 

I will admit that I generally have far better memory of "good" Jets seasons than bad ones and that 2014 is a season I've largely blacked out of my mind, but its rare I'd forget a heartbreaker against the Pats.

When I think of 2014 I remember a home loss to the Lions (that I attended), Mike Vick terrible performance against the Chiefs at Arrowhead and winning a game at Tennessee late in the season that "cost us" Mariota.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I'm pretty sure if you polled the 53 man roster of the Packers or Tampa Bay you could find at least 40 who hated their QB.

Probably true, but there is a big difference between hating your QB and thinking he can't play. 

When you see things like "He can’t make every throw. He’s only going to take us so far. I’m wasting my career here if that’s what we’re doing" . . . that's not good. 

I'm sure a lot of GB Packers think Rodgers is a douche, but I doubt very many of them think he isn't good enough to play the position.