teammate doesnt like Tua

doitny

Dolphins teammate slams Tua Tagovailoa: ‘Wasting my career’

one Dolphins player isn’t too fond of Tua Tagovailoa.

“He can’t make every throw,” an unnamed prominent member of Miami’s defense told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “He’s only going to take us so far. I’m wasting my career here if that’s what we’re doing.”

Tagovailoa, who the Dolphins selected fifth overall in the 2020 NFL Draft, was the full-time starter this season after the Alabama product split time with journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick in his rookie season.

Tagovailoa, who is 13-8 heading into his third year with the team, missed five games this past season, due to injuries.

Now, it seems as though at least one Miami player believes he’s stunting their growth.

Earlier this month, the Sun-Sentinel reported Tagovailoa and former Dolphins coach Brian Flores had several heated arguments this past season. The report came a day after Miami fired Flores in a surprise move following back-to-back winning seasons.

Miami finished the 2012-22 season with a 9-8 record. Flores was praised by many after the Dolphins bounced back from a 1-7 start. They missed the playoffs after a loss to the Titans in Week 17.

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said that the next head coach will have the final say about the quarterback position.

In the new report, one Dolphins player told the Sun-Sentinel that Miami needs a quarterback like Deshaun Watson — who sat out last season with the Texans as he faces allegations of sexual misconduct from 22 women, along with 10 police complaints from women alleging sexual assault.

“Watson’s an elite quarterback now,” the player said. “We’re ready to win.”

Last October, the Dolphins and Texans were reportedly nearing a trade that would send Watson to Miami, but a deal fell part. The Texans, who are searching for a new head coach after firing David Culley, said their plan is to trade Watson before the NFL draft.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, CSNY said:

For all his flaws as a QB  Sanchez was humble and it seems his teammates liked and pulled for him to get better. Don’t recall  hearing of any dirty laundry being aired about him or that players were wasting their careers with Sanchez as QB 

I meant his play not his je ne sais quoi 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CSNY said:

For all his flaws as a QB  Sanchez was humble and it seems his teammates liked and pulled for him to get better. Don’t recall  hearing of any dirty laundry being aired about him or that players were wasting their careers with Sanchez as QB 

Maybe not, but opposing players sure were laughing at him.  Remember when Steve Smith said "I wouldn't let Mark Sanchez throw me a paper bag sandwich."  ?

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe not, but opposing players sure were laughing at him.  Remember when Steve Smith said "I wouldn't let Mark Sanchez throw me a paper bag sandwich."  ?

Don’t recall Smith saying that but it’s pretty funny 

I get the butt fumble and that pick six against Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game are what he is most remembered for but not for nothing Sanchez did play rather well in the playoffs  beating Rivers , Brady and Manning is no small feat and shouldn’t be overlooked as that was  the best two seasons we as a fan base have had in what 15 years with the exception of one year of Fitzpatrick which was an outlier. I mean dam  5 fuching picks in a game that determines if you get into the playoffs. Still can’t get over that one SMFH

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, tfine said:

Bart Scott

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Bart Scott sheesh. He should not be one to talk. Average player at best whos claim to fame is “ CANT WAIT” 

I also recall an interview with Mangold about a game against the team in Foxboro in which the Jets ran for close to 350 yards( don’t recall exact number but it was one of the most dominant rushing performances I have ever seen) The Jets possessed the ball for close to 45 minutes but still lost as Sanchez threw 5 picks and Mangold saying to Rex “ don’t call another dam pass we will beat these guys just running “ but they never publicly went so far as saying don’t waste my career with this guy. Sanchez was humble , worked and tried to become a NFL caliber QB as he knew that he was a weak link on an excellent team he just didn’t have it Pete Carroll knew that he wasn’t ready but the Jets took him anyway 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Sanchez was an excellent human being .. and honestly had he not been mismanaged from the get go ... may have been a very good QB ... its clear to me what happened to him ... the ravens game.

He had the unique trait of being clutch. He simply lost his ability to play football by getting creamed to a pulp over and over.

It changed his mentality forever.

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Don’t recall Smith saying that but it’s pretty funny 

I get the butt fumble and that pick six against Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game are what he is most remembered for but not for nothing Sanchez did play rather well in the playoffs  beating Rivers , Brady and Manning is no small feat and shouldn’t be overlooked as that was  the best two seasons we as a fan base have had in what 15 years with the exception of one year of Fitzpatrick which was an outlier. I mean dam  5 fuching picks in a game that determines if you get into the playoffs. Still can’t get over that one SMFH

Fumble 6

the entire team was asleep for that first half 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Fumble 6

the entire team was asleep for that first half 

Absolutely correct My mistake , fumble 6 and yes entire team slept walked thru the first half 
Dam that was a championship caliber squad 

• Upvote 1