Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

That's a solid starting group now.  Several pieces that could be upgraded but no glaring holes IMO.

It's now about depth and finding those one or two key additions that break games open.  Might already have one in Elijah Moore, but need one or two more.  I think the secret sauce on the offense could be finding rookie TE who becomes an unexpected match-up problem for defenses.

We need 2 more wrs. 

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Disagree here, if you watched the Bengals last year he was a key guy for them.  While chase was getting all the press he was making a lot of key plays.  He is not a tier one great play making te but he is much better than what we had and with him and at least one weapon te in the draft we are much much improved.

He had a career year with 49 catches with three high-end receivers running deep on every play and a QB turning into an elite talent. Uzomah isn’t getting that here. Again, it’s a fine signing, but he’s not a TE1, as not only the Bengals seem to think, but the freaking Jets—who, as has been posted in this thread several times—are still actively shopping for a TE1! 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Seahawks front office is a trainwreck. Uzomah is a nice guy and a good player, but he’s just a guy. I’m not knocking the move, I’m just pointing out that the Jets aren’t signing difference makers. They’re loading up on boy scouts. 

It's Mangini-esque. You should be happy.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He had a career year with 49 catches with three high-end receivers running deep on every play and a QB turning into an elite talent. Uzomah isn’t getting that here. Again, it’s a fine signing, but he’s not a TE1, as not only the Bengals seem to think, but the freaking Jets—who, as has been posted in this thread several times—are still actively shopping for a TE1! 

So, Ron Wolf,  who did you want to sign at TE? 

12 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

You’re right ..  it will be London at 10 instead.  Agree on Gardner.  

I can see us making a bold move to bring in the edge from GB - Smith, and then drafting an edge and TE in round 2.

A question:  Where do we get DT, LB and safety?

We've talked about Edge, CB, WR, TE, etc. for this Draft but I think LB is going to sneak in there earlier than some people think.

Robert Saleh wants his next Fred Warner like he had in SF.  LB is sneaky call for the Jets DRAFT in Round 1 if they trade back from #10 into the teens or with one of those 2nd round picks.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He is not a #1 TE unless your team is desperate but he is not in my mind a jag.  Kroft is a jag

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How many catches would’ve been acceptable as a 4th option with 3 great receivers? He caught over 70% balls thrown to him too.