Becton's workout II

Bronx

14 hours ago, Jetworks said:

This, especially his lower legs. You need that as part of your base as it helps to stabilize your stance.

And no, I'm not posting pics my legs, especially my calves. @Maxman servers aren't ready for that bandwidth. 

Eh, **** it, I'll post a tame one:

IMG_1581.JPG

No, you did not wear those socks while wearing shorts. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'm saying you can't tell much from this picture. I'm not going to get giddy at this being a sign of his reformation because he's doing tricep work. 

I can tell 2 things.

He working out, hardly looking like the lazy bastard some keep accusing him of being for no apparent reason.  And that hes not a fat bastard as some keep accusing him of being.

Calling him fat lazy pig when the pictures say the opposite doesnt make you and others feel good about what hes doing, keep ignoring what youre looking at, ok

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I can tell 2 things.

He working out, hardly looking like the lazy bastard some keep accusing him of being for no apparent reason.  And that hes not a fat bastard as some keep accusing him of being.

Calling him fat lazy pig when the pictures say the opposite doesnt make you and others feel good about what hes doing, keep ignoring what youre looking at, ok

I think the reason some of us call him fat and lazy is because that was the knock on him in the draft, and in year 2 he never came back from a 4-8 week injury with reports coming from nearly everywhere that he got fat and lazy.

I'd love it if Mekhi came back angry and motivated. 

We'll see come training camp.

I'm not sold yet.

I don't know if the Jets still view him as an option at tackle, but AVT played left tackle in his final year at USC. He could be the internal option to provide the Jets insurance at tackle for next year only if Becton is struggling to stay on the field, stay in shape, etc. It's much easier to find a quality interior lineman in the 2nd and 3rd round who can fill the left guard role while AVT slides out to tackle for a year. 

If the Jets believe AVT could do that, it could save them from having to use a premium pick on another tackle again this year. Just a thought. 

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I think the reason some of us call him fat and lazy is because that was the knock on him in the draft, and in year 2 he never came back from a 4-8 week injury with reports coming from nearly everywhere that he got fat and lazy.

I'd love it if Mekhi came back angry and motivated. 

We'll see come training camp.

I'm not sold yet.

Find all the pre draft talk that he was "fat and lazy".   I betting thats an exaggerated version of he may have to play at a lower weight type quote.  I would also bet no one called his workouts lazy

If I remember correctly he went through the same routine a year ago, working out and tweeting the workouts, looking trim and the same people were also calling him fat and lazy after seeing the workouts and the results.  

Hes a big man and the food pictures will follow him around by people who think theyre being funny and others who believe in memes as real life

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Find all the pre draft talk that he was "fat and lazy".   I betting thats an exaggerated version of he may have to play at a lower weight type quote.  I would also bet no one called his workouts lazy

If I remember correctly he went through the same routine a year ago, working out and tweeting them, looking trim and the same people also calling him fat and lazy after seeing the workouts 

Hes a big man and the food pictures will follow him around by people who think theyre being funny and others who believe in memes as real life

But isn't the point here, we didn't see a workout?

We see a still photo of a tricep pushdown. 

And why are there tons of rumors of us targeting Ekwonu @ 4? Is that because Fant is the problem or because Mekhi has shown some, shall we say, 'reliability lapses'.

38 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

And why are there tons of rumors of us targeting Ekwonu @ 4? Is that because Fant is the problem or because Mekhi has shown some, shall we say, 'reliability lapses'.

Ridiculous, you didn’t see enough?  He’s still lazy and fat after seeing him twice now?  Are you that invested that you can’t admit what everyone sees if hey would simply open their eyes?  
Tons of rumors today that we’re picking Ekwonu?  Or even more rumors that we’re going Thibs?  Or more rumors that we’re going Hamilton?  How about there are more rumors that Ekwonu is going 1st to the Jags?  
‘You’re going to trash Becton because someone wrote, before FA, that if available we would take Ekwonu?  LOL

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Has the beat been right at all these past couple years? The only thing they are consistent at is being wrong. They are wrong over and over and over again. Clowns like cimini, Dj, Tony Pauline don’t know Jack about what the team is going to do and just throw sh*t at the wall and hope it sticks.  Put out clickbait articles (becton is fat). Stop listening to them they aren’t informing you of anything. They just waste your time and try to get you upset. 

No one really knows who they are drafting at 4. Were all guessing. My guess is edge at 4 and wr/cb at 10

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

No one really knows who they are drafting at 4. Were all guessing. My guess is edge at 4 and wr/cb at 10

My guess too.  Edge falls off after our 4th pick more than WRs so WR at 10.

I know this, they’re not picking Ekwonu, he’s not a need, we have two starters

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Ridiculous, you didn’t see enough?  He’s still lazy and fat after seeing him twice now?  Are you that invested that you can’t admit what everyone sees if hey would simply open their eyes?  
Tons of rumors today that we’re picking Ekwonu?  Or even more rumors that we’re going Thibs?  Or more rumors that we’re going Hamilton?  How about there are more rumors that Ekwonu is going 1st to the Jags?  
‘You’re going to trash Becton because someone wrote, before FA, that if available we would take Ekwonu?  LOL

Is it so unreasonable to look at Becky's draft evaluation two years ago, combine it with last year's disaster, listen to rumors about him not putting in enough effort/being professional enough, hear how the coaching staff was/is frustrated with him and hear how JD "loves Penning, Ekwonu" or how we were "interested in Lael Collins" and not come to the conclusion that skepticism on Becky's 2022 season is warranted?

Is it so crazy to say that 'yea, this particular photo does not tell me much' as this is a rather simple, non-taxing exercise and one that doesn't exactly address his conditioning or dedication. 

4 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Is it so unreasonable to look at Becky's draft evaluation two years ago, combine it with last year's disaster, listen to rumors about him not putting in enough effort/being professional enough, hear how the coaching staff was/is frustrated with him and hear how JD "loves Penning, Ekwonu" or how we were "interested in Lael Collins" and not come to the conclusion that skepticism on Becky's 2022 season is warranted?

Is it so crazy to say that 'yea, this particular photo does not tell me much' as this is a rather simple, non-taxing exercise and one that doesn't exactly address his conditioning or dedication. 

You know what this photo that doesn’t show you enough absolutely doesn’t show but you keep repeating?  That he’s fat and lazy.  No matter how many baseless posts you throw out there.  Or how many quotes you thought you read before we signed a pro bowl OL to play RG.  We’re not drafting Ekwonu or Penning.  And all those current Ekwonu to the Jets still aren’t here making your case

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

LOL they also said jd loved jc Jackson. Rumor is that jd didn’t even make him an offer. Same with a bunch of other guys. Once again they just talk and have no clue. Same with us here. They didn’t even mention Fant, Lawson, or Davis among many others until after they signed. What about Dj Reid? Did they mention him? Don’t recall any saying a deal was even close until after it happened 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BurntDice said:

LOL they also said jd loved jc Jackson. Rumor is that jd didn’t even make him an offer. Same with a bunch of other guys. Once again they just talk and have no clue. Same with us here 

Really? I remember about half of them saying "The Jets are not in on JC Jackson, no matter what you hear" and the other half speculating we are. 

But everyone is saying Becky has consistency/effort issues. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You know what this photo that doesn’t show you enough absolutely doesn’t show but you keep repeating?  That he’s fat and lazy.  No matter how many baseless posts you throw out there.  Or how many quotes you thought you read before we signed a pro bowl OL to play RG.  We’re not drafting Ekwonu or Penning.

It doesn't tell us much of anything tbh... the folks preaching the "BECKY IS BACK" narrative need to relax. Those of us that are skeptical will continue to be until we see something far more significant than some tricep pushdowns - and really, until dude is on the field doing what he did as a rookie and the coaches are saying "Becton is crushing training camp" and we're not reading how he's getting beat like a drum by Carl Lawson every snap. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Really? I remember about half of them saying "The Jets are not in on JC Jackson, no matter what you hear" and the other half speculating we are. 

But everyone is saying Becky has consistency/effort issues. 

It doesn't tell us much of anything tbh... the folks preaching the "BECKY IS BACK" narrative need to relax. Those of us that are skeptical will continue to be until we see something far more significant than some tricep pushdowns - and really, until dude is on the field doing what he did as a rookie and the coaches are saying "Becton is crushing training camp" and we're not reading how he's getting beat like a drum by Carl Lawson every snap. 

Cimini said they were interested in Jackson. I don’t remember any of them saying the team was close to signing anyone before it happened. It’s all just speculation. All I’m saying is that they are wrong all the time. Had no clue about fant, Lawson, or really anyone else. Collins played very little these past 2 years so I highly doubt they will be interested. You and your ilk always hate on becton right? How would you like 10 games in 2 years with a higher contract than becton with Collins?

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Cimini said they were interested in Jackson. I don’t remember any of them saying the team was close to signing anyone before it happened. It’s all just speculation. All I’m saying is that they are wrong all the time. Had no clue about fant, Lawson, or really anyone else. Collins played very little these past 2 years so I highly doubt they will be interested. You and your ilk always hate on becton right? How would you like 10 games in 2 years with a higher contract than becton?

Yes, reporters and rumors are unreliable. 

But the simple truth is an injury that should've sidelined Becton for, at most, half the year, ended up knocking him out for the whole year. And everyone, every reporter, hell even Damien Woody, is saying "yea, Becton needs to become more consistent off-the-field and take care of himself better". 

And you're right about Collins, he's unreliable for other reasons. But if the reports are true that we were/are interested, as well as that we were/are interested in Ekwonu & Penning, doesn't that give insight on our organizations views on Becton?

Do we really think that Jets brass is gonna be like "You know what, change of plans, Mekhi be crushing those Tricep pushdowns - did you see that photo?!? Faith restored."

Or is the most likely scenario the biggest clue we'll get about Becton, and this organization's view of him, is if we sign a tackle or draft a tackle in the first round. That means, until the beginning of May, we're not going to have a clear view of this situation and therefore it's fair to speculate.

10 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Yes, reporters and rumors are unreliable. 

But the simple truth is an injury that should've sidelined Becton for, at most, half the year, ended up knocking him out for the whole year. And everyone, every reporter, hell even Damien Woody, is saying "yea, Becton needs to become more consistent off-the-field and take care of himself better". 

And you're right about Collins, he's unreliable for other reasons. But if the reports are true that we were/are interested, as well as that we were/are interested in Ekwonu & Penning, doesn't that give insight on our organizations views on Becton?

Do we really think that Jets brass is gonna be like "You know what, change of plans, Mekhi be crushing those Tricep pushdowns - did you see that photo?!? Faith restored."

Or is the most likely scenario the biggest clue we'll get about Becton, and this organization's view of him, is if we sign a tackle or draft a tackle in the first round. That means, until the beginning of May, we're not going to have a clear view of this situation and therefore it's fair to speculate.

I don’t see a tackle being drafted in the first at all. It just doesn’t make sense. Spend a top 10 pick as insurance? Hard pass. I can see a mid round pick like max Mitchell, Braxton Jones, Darien Kinnard being picked however. Now that would make sense since there’s little depth. Draft one of those guys and someone like cole strange or Dylan Parham for the inside in the mid rounds. 

Penning is also 6’7 and has no guard experience. So he’s soley a backup tackle at 10. Explain that one to me 

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

I don’t see a tackle being drafted in the first at all. It just doesn’t make sense. Spend a top 10 pick as insurance? Hard pass. I can see a mid round pick like max Mitchell, Braxton Jones, Darien Kinnard being picked however. Now that would make sense since there’s little depth. Draft one of those guys and someone like cole strange in the mid rounds. 

It only makes sense if they have no faith in Becton. 

And we're not going to know that until the draft (or Collins signs here).  

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

It only makes sense if they have no faith in Becton. 

And we're not going to know that until the draft (or Collins signs here).  

Even if they have no faith in becton that’s drafting a RT at 10. Why on earth would you do that. 

Drafting a mid round guy and letting him develop seems like a far more logical thing to do 

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

It’s one thing to be “skeptical” and another to look at first video and now a picture clearly showing he’s not overweight and certainly not fat and to continue to reparations over and over again that he’s fat and lazy when clearly he’s neither.  It’s sounds more than skeptical, it sounds like a dumb take.  Kind of like whining that Lawton’s success in camp is more important than what he showed in games.  Or claiming there’s a lot of talk after the signing of Tomlinson that we’re drafting Ekwonu 

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s one thing to be “skeptical” and another to look at first video and now a picture clearly showing he’s not overweight and certainly not fat and to continue to reparations over and over again that he’s fat and lazy when clearly he’s neither.  It’s sounds more than skeptical, it sounds like a dumb take.  Kind of like whining that Lawton’s success in camp is more important than what he showed in games.  Or claiming there’s a lot of talk after the signing of Tomlinson that we’re drafting Ekwonu 

We'll know when we see... and the core of our disagreement is I'm remembering Becky never returning from injury and you're taking two offseason photos - and both of us are imprinting our own inherent biases into our understanding. 

It's the "HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THIS MAN!" tone that, to me, sounds more emotional than logical. Hence, why we disagree. 

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Most NFL linemen have skinny legs. Generally means they’re more athletic. 

No doubt. I’d want him mobile he’s playing either OT position.

I was just having fun with the self proclaimed sports science experts that claimed his ankle and calf diameter were lock and key deductions as to his extended time out last year.

Why? Who knows. Maybe another thing to throw on the fire to further satisfy a position already taken, like if he hasn’t corrected this thing then the team should draft a tackle at #4. Or maybe it’s just simply to try to look smarter than thou. I know plenty about that, as I partake in that insufferable attitude/behavior plenty, lol. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

By this logic, we're not allowed to criticize any NFL player because they're all bigger/stronger/faster/etc than we are.  

But we can criticize them for having legs some imagine are to skinny to play football? 

I'ver never heard anything this ridiculous but and its getting way too much play 

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

By this logic, we're not allowed to criticize any NFL player because they're all bigger/stronger/faster/etc than we are.  

The guy is looking slimmer and stronger, but people still talking sh*t.  It's more of a bully mentality, but without the physical traits to back it up. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bronx said:

The guy is looking slimmer and stronger, but people still talking sh*t.  It's more of a bully mentality, but without the physical traits to back it up. 

If the fans are motivating him to get into shape then that's a good thing.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, Bronx said:

BINGO

How many people on this page are being paid millions and expected to be a starting offensive lineman next year?  What are you comparing in this scenario?  I want Becton to bounce back and have a great year. No confidence at all that actually happens though.