Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

46 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Round 3 is gross and highlights the empty space in this draft, __________. 

the sentence above can be completed by the following...   

"....., therefore, trade all U R 3rd round picks to me". 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You know what’s awesome? I only today saw that the Pats signed Jabril Peppers.

Rememver when he was coming out? He was supposed to be special, like Jamal and like Hamilton. 

Safeties, lol

Isaiah Simmons was also a “dynamic weapon in the defensive backfield”

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It was our mock 2 years ago, and I had the Giants. With pick #4, I had two guys on my board, Simmons and my eventual pick, Wirfs. I guess the old blind squirrel adage??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Todd McShay on some big safety prospect, every year: “He is a matchup WEAPON, perfect for the way the game is played now! You can put him on tight ends! He can come down and cover the slot! He can help you on RPOs!”

NFL offensive coordinators seeing a safety paired up with even a marginal receiver or TE: Happy Jonah Hill GIF

21 minutes ago, section314 said:

Did his Dad pass?

Not yet, but it appears to be imminent.  He is at home in hospice care. After seeing me, my sister and my son this past weekend, he told my mom this morning that he is ready to stop fighting.  I got home last night, but flying back down tomorrow so mom is not by herself.

Cancer sucks.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not yet, but it appears to be imminent.  He is at home in hospice care. After seeing me, my sister and my son this past weekend, he told my mom this morning that he is ready to stop fighting.  I got home last night, but flying back down tomorrow so mom is not by herself.

Cancer sucks.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family, brother. So sorry you’re going through this.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Cancer sucks.

Sorry to hear, that sucks. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Cancer sucks.

Godspeed my friend. In my thoughts and prayers.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Lith said:

Cancer sucks.

So sorry Lith.  

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

Cancer sucks.

I’m sorry, Lith. 

• Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Lith said:

Cancer sucks.

Hugs and love. 

lost Mom when I was young to that wretched disease. Unfair way to go. We’ll keep your spot warm here for when you’re ready to come back.  

24 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

I think at this point we just need to override this trade since it would put players that were taken in the first round back on the board and would be very unrealistic.. 

agreed. 

in the future, the minute our fake draft starts we should consider any real transactions in the league irrelevant 

like the devante Parker deal, prob shoulda just ignored it so it was less work for you guys

• Upvote 2

My reasoning for getting Spiller is that I truly believe that the biggest thing to help a Young QB like Wilson who may have trouble “reeling it in” at times is to do everything possible to keep him from feeling he has to always make the big play because they are always behind the chains or behind on the scoreboard. In addition to that, Spiller is the ideal compliment to Carter, in my opinion.  

And honestly, a good 1A/1B RB on a team capable of running the ball likely has more impact on the game then a 4th/5th WR, a 3rd TE or a rotational DT which were the things I was considering with the pick

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1