Jet Nation 2022 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

2 hours ago, section314 said:

@Beerfish is your call. He’s probably trying to stash him on his PS.

No great CFL prospects the last few years.  Covid hit the league hard.  I have no idea who that guy in the video is but he looks like a good fit for the jets, about to get injured doing a dumb stunt.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

@Sarge4Tide Before the Saints/eagles trade, Eagles were attempting to move up from 83 to get Ridder.

He's a good prospect with a huge arm.  Obviously, neither the Saints nor the eagles will have interest in him in this year's draft.  Which QB do you think the Saints are after here?  

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@Sarge4Tide Before the Saints/eagles trade, Eagles were attempting to move up from 83 to get Ridder.

He's a good prospect with a huge arm.  Obviously, neither the Saints nor the eagles will have interest in him in this year's draft.  Which QB do you think the Saints are after here?  

I have no idea.  But they must like 1 or 2 of them enough to make the trade for extra capital this year

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

One of the fun parts of mock drafting for a terrible Football team that needs everything and has a bunch of picks is that you feel like you're landing a starter with every pick damn near going into the 5th round.  lmfao  I love what I've done for the Texans and what I have planned the rest of the way but I'm not sure there isnt a scenario where I wouldnt feel this way.  haha  That said:  Sauce, JJ, Breece, Kinnard.  Feels like a pretty solid core to start a rebuild.  2 studs to help rebuild the D w/ potentially the best overall player.  A work horse RB you can pound until you build out the rest of the offense.  And Kinnard could been played at either T or G position from D1.  None of them give me any concern at the next level.  Maybe JJ doesnt meet the pass rusher prowess expectations but I still think he's going to be a very good player for a long time in the NFL.  

I also think I’m doing an awesome job.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Was eyeing Wan'Dale, Metchie or Austin for the Steelers at 84, thought about trading up because I like Wan'Dale a little better than Austin, but with no 5th round pick, I would have had to give up the Steelers 4th rounder to move up just a handful of spots and decided it wasn't worth it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Anybody looking to move up?  I had my choices narrowed to Tindall and Brandon Smith.  **** me.  Switching from the Seahawks changes some philosophy too.  

@Greenseed4 @heymangold @Paradis @sec101row23

IF not, I will make my reach by 11:45

It's hard not picking until so late.

Oh well.  That kinda sucked.  I fell in love with Tyler Smith and seeing him not on the spreadsheet except as a last second fill-in I thought I had a shot in the 3rd.  Alas it was not to be.  Went through a few other guys that were gone and  went to sleep figuring I would get one out of Tindall or Brandon Smith.  Kind of preferred Tindall based on general attitude and the Raiders franchise long history of over-drafting guys with good 40 times.  Tindall went and I sat there waiting on Smith and friggin' ape snipes him the pick before me.  Oh well. 

I switched back to Oline, but I had been reading up on the Seahawks who almost always draft length and agility - think Fant.  I think that sh*thead in Vegas will run more power gap stuff, so I took Hayes.  There were some guys that I might have liked better, but for Oline I want an aggressive guy, particularly for power gap stuff.

I guess I can go back to sleep for another 4 days and try to figure out what else the Raiders need.  I was hoping writing this much would carry me into round 4, but I guess I didn't make it.

• Sympathy 1