Jets & 49ers both spotted at Drake London's pro day

This was confirmed by Keely Eure who works as a reporter for USC. Now mind you the 49ers' first pick in the draft isn't till 61, we all know Drake London is going somewhere in the Top 15.

If there is something brewing between the Jets & 49ers over Deebo Samuel it looks like the 49ers would want the 10th pick to select London.

Keep you guys posted on this one.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 7.07.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 7.06.47 PM.png

2 hours ago, DoomProphet said:

This was confirmed by Keely Eure who works as a reporter for USC. Now mind you the 49ers' first pick in the draft isn't till 61, we all know Drake London is going somewhere in the Top 15.

If there is something brewing between the Jets & 49ers over Deebo Samuel it looks like the 49ers would want the 10th pick to select London.

Keep you guys posted on this one.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 7.07.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 7.06.47 PM.png

Why doesn’t the title include Eagles, Lions, Texans, Titans, Jets, 49ers, Chiefs, Colts at London’s Pro Day? 

We know the Jets were there. WR coach Miles Austin went. 

DJ Bien-Aime ⁦‪@Djbienaime‬⁩

Jets WR coach Miles Austin will be at USC Drake London's Pro Day.

4/15/22, 11:07 AM

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tooooon said:

Why would Tenn be there if they are picking 26th

Why would the Colts be there if they are pick 42nd

Why are we assuming the Jets and 49ers are the only teams who could trade

All the scouting departments looking for an all expenses paid trip to LA. Beaches, babes and bars! 
sassy d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

if SF wants to give us Debbo and move to 10 then we should NOT do it.

they are a very well run organization and they are not willing to pay Deebo 30 mil a year and instead pick one of those guys that most of you dont think is worth the 10th pick well then we should stay and pick a WR at 10. 

and dont tell me its because of mean tweets cause there has been talks for a month now about maybe SF might trade him.

FWIW.

He didnt run the 40, which isnt all that big of a deal by itself, BUT, he did have this to say after it, which is a very interesting look at his personality...

“Watch the film,” London told ESPN. “At the end of the day, I really don’t have to blow by guys to catch the ball. I mean, I can, but I don’t have to"

“Everybody knew where the ball was going,” London said. “I had triple coverage, double coverage all game, and it still didn’t stop me. So whatever they say about that, I could care less."

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

FWIW.

He didnt run the 40, which isnt all that big of a deal by itself, BUT, he did have this to say after it, which is a very interesting look at his personality...

“Watch the film,” London told ESPN. “At the end of the day, I really don’t have to blow by guys to catch the ball. I mean, I can, but I don’t have to"

“Everybody knew where the ball was going,” London said. “I had triple coverage, double coverage all game, and it still didn’t stop me. So whatever they say about that, I could care less."

Love that confidence/cockiness

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

FWIW.

If KT said this yall would hang him lol

btw i love it.  He is absolutely right . They couldn’t stop him out there this year. It didn’t matter what they tried.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

FWIW.

Diva…….do not want /s

Even watching his highlights, he gets less than zero separation against the press. Some of these DBs don’t even have to get out of their backpedal to stay in front of him. It only makes sense if they’re drafting London to play a Greg Kittle role here, but 1. Kittle is a freak athlete and 2. He’s going to spend his life on IR if he tries to play that way in the middle of the field.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Even watching his highlights, he gets less than zero separation against the press. Some of these DBs don’t even have to get out of their backpedal to stay in front of him. It only makes sense if they’re drafting London to play a Greg Kittle role here, but 1. Kittle is a freak athlete and 2. He’s going to spend his life on IR if he tries to play that way in the middle of the field.

What concerns me is his slow foot speed.  What does he do besides being big?

24 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I was watching his highlight reels trying to find evidence of him running past a Pac-12 corner and couldn’t find a one. It seems he gets the bulk of his yardage running skinny posts against Cover-2 and gets his TDs on fades and in-cuts where he bullies DBs across the goal line. Tough way to do business in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was watching his highlight reels trying to find evidence of him running past a Pac-12 corner and couldn’t find a one. It seems he gets the bulk of his yardage running skinny posts against Cover-2 and gets his TDs on fades and in-cuts where he bullies DBs across the goal line. Tough way to do business in the NFL. 

However fast he is now he’s not getting any faster, but the dbs are.  At his height you don’t have to be super fast but you have to be ‘fast enough’ and I’m not sure he’s that.  At this point, i think he’s a big decent route runner whose best attribute is his size and that’s someone you take in round 3.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

People are discounting London’s ability at the top of his routes to create separation… He is remarkably fluid in and out of his breaks for a guy his size.  Would not sleep on that… I think he has higher upside in our offense than people think.  He also fits the mold of a guy who can be an x vs. a big slot, so that they can move guys like Elijah Moore and him back and forth into each role.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, doitny said:

they are a very well run organization and they are not willing to pay Deebo 30 mil a year and instead pick one of those guys that most of you dont think is worth the 10th pick well then we should stay and pick a WR at 10. 

and dont tell me its because of mean tweets cause there has been talks for a month now about maybe SF might trade him.

I completely understand your point. I understand that with his 25-30 mil salary may be a big problem if we are looking to extend Zach Wilson in a couple of years. I just think this franchise and fan base needs a shot in the arm and Deebo would provide it. Yes there have been many players in the past who have gotten the big contract and not lived up to it, but his skills, his leadership, and what he means to the SF offense (practically everything) would help unlock Zach's potential and unlock this offense.

That might be true about SF looking to trade him before last Friday, but IMO the death threats & slurs sealed the deal that he is not coming back to SF. There is no way in hell he can go back after this (and I don't blame him one bit). I will be deeply shocked if ends up staying.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

I completely understand your point. I understand that with his 25-30 mil salary may be a big problem if we are looking to extend Zach Wilson in a couple of years. I just think this franchise and fan base needs a shot in the arm and Deebo would provide it. Yes there have been many players in the past who have gotten the big contract and not lived up to it, but his skills, his leadership, and what he means to the SF offense (practically everything) would help unlock Zach's potential and unlock this offense.

That might be true about SF looking to trade him before last Friday, but IMO the death threats & slurs sealed the deal that he is not coming back to SF. There is no way in hell he can go back after this (and I don't blame him one bit). I will be deeply shocked if ends up staying.

I agree. I’m also tempering expectations. Even though the Jets would be the logical destination, they will certainly not be the only team looking to acquire him.  Usually in the end these trade scenarios don’t end up favorably for us as we’re used as leverage.

48 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I agree. I’m also tempering expectations. Even though the Jets would be the logical destination, they will certainly not be the only team looking to acquire him.  Usually in the end these trade scenarios don’t end up favorably for us as we’re used as leverage.

Totally understand.

13 hours ago, doitny said:

Also, the Jets needs to sell tickets and Deebo would help do that. This team as it is constructed right now isn't going to sell out MetLife consistently this season.

Getting Deebo makes too much sense in my opinion, especially since the Jets play practically the same system as the 49ers so he would contribute right away.

If we don't get him, the Jets should take a WR at 10, as long as it is either Garrett Wilson or Jameson Williams (I don't want the Jets to go anywhere near Drake London).