Honey Badger

11 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Get him. Playoffs become possibility. I may be crazy but this feels real. 

We didn't get the 25 mil WR. We can afford it, no?

I like the idea. The presence he would bring to the secondary would be beneficial to the young guys.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Get him. Playoffs become possibility. I may be crazy but this feels real. 

We didn't get the 25 mil WR. We can afford it, no?

I be surprised if honey badger didn’t end up in Vegas with the Raiders this year.  I think they just waiting for June 1 where they get money for June 1 cuts.      

• Haha 1

Why not!

Sign him to a 2 or 3 year contract that's structured so that...if he has an injury plagued year...or shows serious decline in his play...you can cut him with little dead money.

Now that I got JD's contract out of the way...  

Honey Badger makes sense because of the immense respect he has among players and coaches in the league.  And of course because of his knowledge and dedication to the game.  He would be a huge plus on and off the field for these young players.  Badger and CJ would be like two QBs in that back seven.  Communicating with each other and getting the younger inexperienced players properly aligned in position to react correctly when the ball is snapped and play unfolds. 

IMO...Badger still has enough juice in him to play at a decently high level...make key plays...and have an important impact on the game.  Helping not only due to his own play.  But by also helping others around him play better too.   

Simply put...the D will be much better...with the Honey Badger on the field for the NYJ.

Go get Tyrann JD!

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Fact that!! He’s still got some  juice, 

I know its not really "proof", but check out the thread on the Chiefs forum when they let him go. They were very happy that he would no longer be on the team.

9 minutes ago, Facts said:

I know its not really "proof", but check out the thread on the Chiefs forum when they let him go. They were very happy that he would no longer be on the team.

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure? Maybe? Hopefully? Possibly? 

• Haha 1

I saw that Earl Thomas wants to come back. He’s been retired for 2 years and is 32 years old. This may have been much needed for him to finally get his body healthy. Imagine someone of Earl Thomas’s caliber playing with/mentoring the young guys. 

He knows saleh and probably won’t be that expensive 

51 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I saw that Earl Thomas wants to come back. He’s been retired for 2 years and is 32 years old. This may have been much needed for him to finally get his body healthy. Imagine someone of Earl Thomas’s caliber playing with/mentoring the young guys. 

He knows saleh and probably won’t be that expensive 

He’s a mental case and all his teammates hate him. No chance we touch him.

• Upvote 2

Up until a few days ago, I wanted nothing to do with signing Matthieu.  I was still firmly in “no spending on older veterans” land.  After this draft, though, I’m starting to be a little open to it.  After the huge draft haul, I think “around .500”may be a reasonable expectation for this team.  And if the 2009 team showed us anything, it was that if you can sneak into the playoffs, anything can happen.

He’s the top remaining FA, plays a position where we don’t have a clear starter, and would be a good veteran leader for a young defense / team.  He’s older, but probably has enough left in the tank to still have value next year, when we are really hoping to be a contender.

I don’t think JD goes after him, but I wouldn’t be opposed to a reasonable deal with an out after 2 years.