OTA’s Start Today! Can’t Wait to See the Rookies& Which Vets Show Up!

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

That “serious injury” was supposed to cost our supposed “franchise LT” 6-8 weeks and it ended up costing him the entire season. A season in which we were trying to break in the highest drafted QB this franchise has taken in nearly 60 years.

Meanwhile that 6’7 370 lb behemoth spent a big chunk of said time having his puss salted by complete nobodies on Twitter on a daily basis whilst playing Fortnite on his Twitch channel.

Why so many find it bizarre that a sizable portion of the fanbase have concerns about a guy like that is baffling to me.

It’s not even like Becton was flatout dominant as a rookie. He got his lunch repeatedly eaten by Clelin Ferrel for f*ck sake.

I still maintain that his upside is enormous…but has my faith in his ability to reach that upside taken a monstrous hit over the last 9 months? You bet your ass it has.

Crazy part is we ran for almost 200 yards that game.  running exclusively off becton side most that game. “But he got lunch eaten repeatedly by Farrell”.  interesting  take. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

They didn’t know what type of shape he was in during the season last year and then he eclipsed 400lbs. If you want my honest take I doubt this guy plays another down for the Jets. You read the latest Saleh article that Breer put out and the writing is on the wall.

When did he eclipse 400 lbs?  

And he doesn't play another down for the Jets?  Want to bet?  No team is that stupid to dump him.  That would be beyond stupid.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Very few players have the cache to skip practice to work out with their own guy. Becton isn’t one of them.

You pretty much don't follow NFL football and just don't get the meaning of voluntary apparently 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

I hear the news and expect people to finally acknowledge that there's something clearly not right here. Instead I come into this thread and:

giphy.gif

How long does he get for his wife to have the child? He's not having the f*cking baby. 

There's so much to be optimistic about coming out of the draft. We should be taking that momentum into OTA's but of course Becton doesn't show. Just like last time if you'd have asked the fans which player wouldn't show we all know who the first guess is. But people really want to act like this isn't a red flag. Come on. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

When did he eclipse 400 lbs?  

And he doesn't play another down for the Jets?  Want to bet?  No team is that stupid to dump him.  That would be beyond stupid.  

Just a hunch. Something is still up there. Until he shows I’m assuming it’s over with the Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I couldn't agree more.  This is more like a Jets' bash board than fan board.  The overwhelming negative speculation is mind-boggling.  Truth of the matter is - NO ONE knows anything.  Has anyone seen X-rays?  Discussed the damage and prognosis directly with his doctors?  Until he misses his first mandatory practice, try and be Jets fans and either give him the benefit of doubt or just STFU.

Its pathetic.  This fanbase suffers a sad disease.  We are about to have a fantastic season and I dont even think that will help.  Just put them on ignore and move on.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I couldn't agree more.  This is more like a Jets' bash board than fan board.  The overwhelming negative speculation is mind-boggling.  Truth of the matter is - NO ONE knows anything.  Has anyone seen X-rays?  Discussed the damage and prognosis directly with his doctors?  Until he misses his first mandatory practice, try and be Jets fans and either give him the benefit of doubt or just STFU.

Why should anyone STFU?  We are here to express opinions.  If we all sat around waving pompoms until proven otherwise the offseason would be a dull wasteland.  Honestly, the fact that NO ONE knows anything is kind of the problem.  All we know is that he was supposed to be back in 6-8 weeks and we haven't seen him yet.  On top of it, Becton is a guy that seems overly concerned with how the public views him and he has done little to make the multiverse think he is going to come back strong.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its pathetic.  This fanbase suffers a sad disease.  We are about to have a fantastic season and I dont even think that will help.  Just put them on ignore and move on.

The sad disease of being realistic?  I was here in 2009 and 2010 and I can tell you that even that noted Rex and Tannenbaum hater T0m was savoring each victory.  Likewise, I was enjoying them in 1998 when that fat carpet bagger from the hated Giants and Pats was running the show.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He’s the only player not there. He’s also a former first round pick. He’s obviously going to be the story.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why should anyone STFU?  We are here to express opinions.  If we all sat around waving pompoms until proven otherwise the offseason would be a dull wasteland.  Honestly, the fact that NO ONE knows anything is kind of the problem.  All we know is that he was supposed to be back in 6-8 weeks and we haven't seen him yet.  On top of it, Becton is a guy that seems overly concerned with how the public views him and he has done little to make the multiverse think he is going to come back strong.

The sad disease of being realistic?  I was here in 2009 and 2010 and I can tell you that even that noted Rex and Tannenbaum hater T0m was savoring each victory.  Likewise, I was enjoying them in 1998 when that fat carpet bagger from the hated Giants and Pats was running the show.

How can you be so negative amidst this golden era of Jets football? What is wrong with you?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

My wife would have divorced me if I didn't take a few days off on the birth of my children.  And I was under a lot of pressure at the time to get back to work.  That time with the newborns was very important to me as well.  And when I am on my deathbed, looking back at my life, I doubt that I will be wishing that I had gone to work for those two weeks,  I suspect that this will seem extremely insignificant when the season is underway.

I don't think anybody has an issue with him taking time off for the birth of his child.  The fact that people were already complaining about him and making fun of him just means this isn't going to take the heat off.  I think people are also a bit burnt out over it because he missed the camp in April for the same reason.  I don't know about you, but I took a couple of weeks off. We don't know his particular circumstances, but, as you said, hopefully it will seem insignificant when the season starts. 

• Upvote 3