OTA’s Start Today! Can’t Wait to See the Rookies& Which Vets Show Up!

44 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Today is closed to everyone. 

Media access tomorrow. 

OTAs are never open to fans, only training camp practices.

Today it's strictly reports from the Jets social media accounts.

Thanks.  I was referring to camp reports that a few posters put up here. KRL is one, not sure of the names of others.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Please please let Becton show up with one these filled with a 50lb sandbag in training for  being a Dad. 

60CAD99D-2C82-4974-A84E-D33D918EAEDA.jpeg

Look, I also think it's funny to take a big dump and say I just had a kid, but missing OTAs for it is a bit much!

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Becton will not be there.  He just had a child and this is voluntary.

I believe becton will stay where he is and continue to put the hard work in with the Duke and be ready to go for mandatory camp in June.  And that is fine by my book.

Democratic Debate Lol GIF by GIPHY NewsPaternal leave bitches 

• Haha 2

The Becton absence becomes a story because the Jets still have no idea what type of shape he’s in. Missing this week is obvious with a newborn, but the team has had meetings throughout May that he didn’t show up to. 

The Jets didn’t take a tackle until day 3 maybe in hopes to boost his confidence, or encourage him to rejoin the team, but still being absent I’m sure has the Jets looking at all of their options for RT. The assumption has to be that he’s still out of shape at this point.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The Becton absence becomes a story because the Jets still have no idea what type of shape he’s in. Missing this week is obvious with a newborn, but the team has had meetings throughout May that he didn’t show up to. 

The Jets didn’t take a tackle until day 3 maybe in hopes to boost his confidence, or encourage him to rejoin the team, but still being absent I’m sure has the Jets looking at all of their options for RT. The assumption has to be that he’s still out of shape at this point.

He wasnt required to show up.  The minute "voluntary" is added to any activity, there should be 0 negativity added to that activity regarding who participates or not..

If you have watched his workout videos he looks to be in great shape.

My goodness jet fans.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Softest team in the league, baby. 

There was grumbling last year that Saleh worked them too hard during the season, and they had no legs on game day and it may have even contributed to some injuries. 

he’s learning. That’s good 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

If a Jet looks bad in the slightest, especially ZW the season will be over, the Jets will continue to be the worst org. in the history of sports and both JD and Saleh should be fired.  

I know what you’re saying here, and you’re right. People definitely overreact to every little thing because we’re starved for any type of news this time of year.

That said, a young QB like Zach is always going to be under a microscope, at least until he’s proven himself the way guys like Burrow and Herbert did in their first year(s).
There’s nothing wrong with doing that either.

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Larz said:

There was grumbling last year that Saleh worked them too hard during the season, and they had no legs on game day and it may have even contributed to some injuries. 

No chance this happ’ned, Cap’n

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

40 minutes ago, Larz said:

Where did you get this?

I mean, every single thing reported about the Jets last season suggested the exact opposite of what you’re saying.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He wasnt required to show up.  The minute "voluntary" is added to any activity, there should be 0 negativity added to that activity regarding who participates or not..

If you have watched his workout videos he looks to be in great shape.

My goodness jet fans.

"I can't tell you why I dumped her.  I literally have nothing negative to say about her."  Zero negativity is literally not a thing.

If he did show up "vulontarily" in great shape weighing about 325, 330,  it would be extremely positive.   

My goodness Jets management fans. 

51 minutes ago, Larz said:

Didn't hear that. However, if true, imagine if those twats had to attend two-a-days with full pads starting day one...

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Didn't hear that. However, if true, imagine if those twats had to attend two-a-days with full pads starting day one...

It was during the season. I think after the pats game or one of the big(er) blow outs 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets have made it quite clear they are in good communication and know what’s up with him. Maybe you mean fans and media?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The Jets are in communication with his personal trainer and nutritionist. They have a pretty good idea what shape he is in. The fans and media dont.

They didn’t know what type of shape he was in during the season last year and then he eclipsed 400lbs. If you want my honest take I doubt this guy plays another down for the Jets. You read the latest Saleh article that Breer put out and the writing is on the wall.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This reminds me - can you believe JD was able to get a 6th round pick for Blake Cashman?

Drafting a fat lazy bum  with his first at bat ever more than cancels that out.

Some good, some bad, I give him a C+ to B-. I liked the trade ups this year,

was less than thrilled for moving up  AVT.  The guard we took is a good

lineman, especially run blocking but Christian Darrisaw who the Vikes

took is a better player than Becton or AVT and plays a more important position

than the latter.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1